luxtram buildings

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: luxtram buildings

Post by Supercheese »

luxtram wrote:Just note that all these are are drawn without concern about the palette and I have to convert them into OpenTTD palette before you can use them.
Well, you don't strictly have to; you can use any colors you want in OTTD these days. Of course, you can convert them too, no harm done, just extra work.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

Supercheese wrote:
luxtram wrote:Just note that all these are are drawn without concern about the palette and I have to convert them into OpenTTD palette before you can use them.
Well, you don't strictly have to; you can use any colors you want in OTTD these days. Of course, you can convert them too, no harm done, just extra work.
Can I just use regular RGB PNG for the sprites or there is something additional I have to do?
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

luxtram wrote:Can I just use regular RGB PNG for the sprites or there is something additional I have to do?
Yes, you can indeed -- although when making a grf you do need some sort of 8-bit sprite, you can just quick-convert your sprite into the palette and not care about any bad/wrong colors, or you could even just use a solid mass of transparent pixels as your 8-bit sprite.

Once that's done you can tell NML to use your 32-bit RGBA sprite as an Alternative Sprite in ZOOM_LEVEL_NORMAL, and OTTD will prefer using it instead.
(I do believe you'll want to use Alpha-channel transparency here, and not the default-blue of the traditional 8-bit palette.)

TL;DR: You can feel free to draw your buildings in any sort of color/transparency and use them as-is in OTTD, with little to no additional post-processing work required.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Froix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Froix »

Very nice looking buildings! I look forward to playing with these. Hope they get an 8-bit release. I'm an exclusively 8-bit player. :mrgreen:
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

Froix wrote:Very nice looking buildings! I look forward to playing with these. Hope they get an 8-bit release. I'm an exclusively 8-bit player. :mrgreen:
I just figured out how to create 32bpp grf, and considering how hard is to find a tone I like for these buildings, you might be out of luck. :(

But I will grade these buildings such that they will fit nicely into game, so I would still recommend you to check them out once they get finished (what appears to take some more time).
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250

Return to “Graphics Development”