[OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

User avatar
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Posts: 697
Joined: 17 Apr 2017 16:52
Location: Western Ile-de-France Region

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Gwyd » 04 Mar 2018 09:15

The image in the signature? That's (mostly) unrelated to BRTrains. It's simply some of my favourite trains that I've drawn put into a single image.

User avatar
Mooshroom2719
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 7
Joined: 06 Oct 2017 14:10

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Mooshroom2719 » 04 Mar 2018 11:05

Gwyd wrote:Well considering there isn't a fully complete Stadler Flirt running in the UK, it'd be hard to make one. Also there are several alignment problems, if you just know where to look.
I know exactly what caused each of the problems with the 377s... Should be a fix in the next hour
http://www.railtechnologymagazine.com/R ... in-designs

it appears Greater Anglia is getting some of them, so might want to keep an eye on it.

User avatar
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator
Posts: 7516
Joined: 04 Aug 2010 15:48
Location: Manchester

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Pilot » 04 Mar 2018 11:46

Mooshroom2719 wrote:
Gwyd wrote:Well considering there isn't a fully complete Stadler Flirt running in the UK, it'd be hard to make one. Also there are several alignment problems, if you just know where to look.
I know exactly what caused each of the problems with the 377s... Should be a fix in the next hour
http://www.railtechnologymagazine.com/R ... in-designs

it appears Greater Anglia is getting some of them, so might want to keep an eye on it.
I think Gwyd's point was more due to the fact that there are no sets currently running here. Whilst someone could draw a Flirt based off the artists impressions/drawings, there is always potential for these to change when the final train is released, so it's not really worth drawing just yet :)

I'm certain however that it will be included in the future, as/when the Flirt (as well as various other new stock currently being built) is released.

Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor
Posts: 412
Joined: 14 Oct 2017 11:06
Location: Ukraine

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Tony Pixel » 13 Mar 2018 13:20

All my works
Attachments
Tony Pixel British Rail.rar
(17.94 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, NML coder. My projects:
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Over-sized Train Set | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set

I use GPLv2+ license.

User avatar
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Posts: 697
Joined: 17 Apr 2017 16:52
Location: Western Ile-de-France Region

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Gwyd » 23 Mar 2018 19:50

Class 165 and 166 added

Gav82
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 2
Joined: 17 Mar 2016 16:40

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Gav82 » 23 Mar 2018 23:21

Gwyd wrote:Class 165 and 166 added
Great update

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

willsym22
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 23:14
Location: Essex

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by willsym22 » 24 Mar 2018 13:16

Gwyd wrote:Class 165 and 166 added

Turbos look great!

Only livery missing is a plain blue FGW for 166 but they look great otherwise!

willsym22
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 112
Joined: 03 Mar 2014 23:14
Location: Essex

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by willsym22 » 24 Mar 2018 15:41

But also i have noticed that the loading times for the 165/166 are quite slow, maybe they could be sped up?

TheAmir259
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 122
Joined: 30 May 2016 05:27
Location: Malaysia
Contact:

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by TheAmir259 » 24 Mar 2018 17:38

Pilot wrote: I think Gwyd's point was more due to the fact that there are no sets currently running here. Whilst someone could draw a Flirt based off the artists impressions/drawings, there is always potential for these to change when the final train is released, so it's not really worth drawing just yet :)

I'm certain however that it will be included in the future, as/when the Flirt (as well as various other new stock currently being built) is released.
Reminds me of when i requested for Eurostar E320 for the Dutch Train Set. Now that i've grown up a bit more i understood why. But i heard that the E320 are about to start operations into Amsterdam soon. Interesting stuff indeed.
Check out my OpenTTD Screenshots & Savefiles!

fam622
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Apr 2018 17:26

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by fam622 » 02 Apr 2018 17:28

Where can I find the download link to the grf file for this addon?

User avatar
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Posts: 697
Joined: 17 Apr 2017 16:52
Location: Western Ile-de-France Region

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Gwyd » 02 Apr 2018 17:54

It can be found on the in game content downloader

fam622
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Apr 2018 17:26

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by fam622 » 02 Apr 2018 21:50

Gwyd wrote:It can be found on the in game content downloader
Found it, thanks anyways! :)

User avatar
TrainLover
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 88
Joined: 01 Jul 2015 15:03

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by TrainLover » 03 Apr 2018 21:37

Wow, I haven't been to this forum in about four months, and you guys have done so much progress on BRTrains! Although, where's the tracking table again, because it seems a lot for just 0.5.2! Then again, the more trains, the better it is!

User avatar
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2621
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 19:25
Location: Kent

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Leanden » 04 Apr 2018 00:02

Thanks train lover.

You may not see any further updates to BRTrains as we are currently contemplating a reboot of the set using PJ1K scale devised by Pikkabird.

Watch this space.
Image

fam622
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Apr 2018 17:26

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by fam622 » 04 Apr 2018 21:06

Will other London Underground trains be added to this addon?

User avatar
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 6578
Joined: 22 Jan 2005 19:31
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Redirect Left » 04 Apr 2018 21:35

Leanden wrote: You may not see any further updates to BRTrains as we are currently contemplating a reboot of the set using PJ1K scale devised by Pikkabird.
I hope the new scale isn't something that'll look oddly out of proportion, or puts back development a long way? I loev the BRT set, and the steady flow of new additions.
Image
Worst Behaved IRC Member of 2008, 2009 & 2010 - Go Me!

User avatar
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2621
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 19:25
Location: Kent

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Leanden » 05 Apr 2018 00:47

Redirect Left wrote:
Leanden wrote: You may not see any further updates to BRTrains as we are currently contemplating a reboot of the set using PJ1K scale devised by Pikkabird.
I hope the new scale isn't something that'll look oddly out of proportion, or puts back development a long way? I loev the BRT set, and the steady flow of new additions.
So i can reveal a bit more information now. Pikkabird has kindly given us permission to reskin UKRS2 to remake BRTrains with a more consistent scale (and a scale evidentally compatible with NARS and UKRS2).

The reason behind this is we have collected a large amount of sprites over many years from numerous attempts at british rail sets, but in areas the quality is debatable and the scale fluctuates.

Therefore we will be releasing one final update, v1.0 with all exisiting drawn sprites included and then BRTrains will be “abandoned” in favour of the newly scaled set.

The existing code of BRTrains will be reused to make the new set, so you can expect it to be functionally the same in terms of gameplay just with different graphics which we can more effectively expand on with an existing spritebase.
Image

User avatar
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 6578
Joined: 22 Jan 2005 19:31
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Redirect Left » 05 Apr 2018 01:17

Hopefully this means i can finally punish the north of England as much as they are in real life and shove Pacers everywhere on lines they're too small and slow for :twisted:
Image
Worst Behaved IRC Member of 2008, 2009 & 2010 - Go Me!

User avatar
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 2621
Joined: 19 Mar 2009 19:25
Location: Kent

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Leanden » 05 Apr 2018 08:32

Redirect Left wrote:Hopefully this means i can finally punish the north of England as much as they are in real life and shove Pacers everywhere on lines they're too small and slow for :twisted:
Pacers will be in the 1.0 release so yes you can :twisted:
Image

fam622
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Apr 2018 17:26

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by fam622 » 05 Apr 2018 10:59

Leanden wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:
Leanden wrote: You may not see any further updates to BRTrains as we are currently contemplating a reboot of the set using PJ1K scale devised by Pikkabird.
I hope the new scale isn't something that'll look oddly out of proportion, or puts back development a long way? I loev the BRT set, and the steady flow of new additions.
So i can reveal a bit more information now. Pikkabird has kindly given us permission to reskin UKRS2 to remake BRTrains with a more consistent scale (and a scale evidentally compatible with NARS and UKRS2).

The reason behind this is we have collected a large amount of sprites over many years from numerous attempts at british rail sets, but in areas the quality is debatable and the scale fluctuates.

Therefore we will be releasing one final update, v1.0 with all exisiting drawn sprites included and then BRTrains will be “abandoned” in favour of the newly scaled set.

The existing code of BRTrains will be reused to make the new set, so you can expect it to be functionally the same in terms of gameplay just with different graphics which we can more effectively expand on with an existing spritebase.
Nice! :)

Post Reply

Return to “Graphics Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests