[OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Leanden »

Red Dragon wrote:Quiet this week! I'm working towards filling the lack of coaching stock with some Mk3s.
Intercity, IC Swallow and Virgin done so far in several variants. Any comments or additions to make?

Also any requests for a certain livery? Going to do the Caledonian Sleeper (in First and new Serco liveries) soon, also got '80s gray ScotRail, Chiltern and one liveries in mind afterwards.

Definitely worth referring to the HST spritesheet with the coaches myself and ronstar did for that, cracking start :)
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

willsym22 wrote:Will they be have push pull operation? Where the train doesn't turn round at station ends?
If you can find me the code in template to make a coach that activates push-pull then please send it this way and ill definitely include it. As of yet i havent found it.
willsym22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by willsym22 »

Leanden wrote:
willsym22 wrote:Will they be have push pull operation? Where the train doesn't turn round at station ends?
If you can find me the code in template to make a coach that activates push-pull then please send it this way and ill definitely include it. As of yet i havent found it.

I'd love to if i could. Sadly I lack the technical intelligence to do anything to do with coding and scripting.

All i know is that there is similar things on the Swiss Set and DACH but I cant provide any code.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

willsym22 wrote:
Leanden wrote:

I'd love to if i could. Sadly I lack the technical intelligence to do anything to do with coding and scripting.

All i know is that there is similar things on the Swiss Set and DACH but I cant provide any code.
Ive looked at the swiss set and it seems to take a very long way round to achieve this by physically reversing the order of the sprites for a whole train, the code is somewhat hard to follow for me however as A LOT of the vehicles in that set are restricted to certaim combinations.

DACH i will take a look at, which vehicle in DACH makes trains push-pull?
willsym22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by willsym22 »

They have some Db 146s which can do push pull with some carriages and a DVT type thing. It may be the same type of system as it is reversing the train.

Edit: They do it with pretty much all things that are in that set. Also i think they make it so the DVTs are technically locos instead of carriages.

The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

Finished up the 321s All fixed and adjusted.
Attachments
Dusty Bin New Sheet.png
(150.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheAmir259 »

The Railjets are one of the most familiar push-pull train to me. Note the train lights, the red one is being pulled, the white one is being pushed
You can also find me at Reddit. Check out my OpenTTD Screenshots & Savefiles!
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Thanks Amir, but this literally doesnt help me at all, because it uses undocumented callbacks, unless a coder can actually break it down for me technically or give me a template of code to make a DVT style carriage, there is literally nothing i can do :)
le_harv
Engineer
Engineer

Post by le_harv »

Leanden wrote:Thanks Amir, but this literally doesnt help me at all, because it uses undocumented callbacks, unless a coder can actually break it down for me technically or give me a template of code to make a DVT style carriage, there is literally nothing i can do :)
Possibly doesn't help you further but this effect is also in UKRS2 and NARS2. In UKRS2 it is limited to creating a an autotrain with a certain type of steam engine but in NARS it looks to be much more prevalent.

http://pikka.users.tt-forums.net/wiki/i ... -0_Pannier

http://pikka.users.tt-forums.net/wiki/i ... ontrol_Car
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Unfortunately UKRS and NARS are both in nfo so no use unfortunately.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

All I know is that when it comes to making stuff like cab control cars that make it look like a train is push-pull, thats done by switching the graphics of the locomotive and cab control car back and forth (so the locomotive sprite will replace the cab car and the cab car sprite will replace the locomotive up front)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

NekoMaster wrote:All I know is that when it comes to making stuff like cab control cars that make it look like a train is push-pull, thats done by switching the graphics of the locomotive and cab control car back and forth (so the locomotive sprite will replace the cab car and the cab car sprite will replace the locomotive up front)

Thanks Neko, that makes things more complicated because the consists arent consistant.
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

Leanden wrote:Unfortunately UKRS and NARS are both in nfo so no use unfortunately.
What of the SBB set? It has functional cab control trailers. I think it's NML...
superalbs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by superalbs »

When are we looking at the next release coming available? I've got quite a game going on at the moment, and having to use the same generic Class 321, and Class 375 from UKRS2. I would love to see the Class 350 and Class 450 as pictured earlier in the game, as my current commuter network around the central city is rather boring.

Thanks! :D
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

superalbs wrote:When are we looking at the next release coming available? I've got quite a game going on at the moment, and having to use the same generic Class 321, and Class 375 from UKRS2. I would love to see the Class 350 and Class 450 as pictured earlier in the game, as my current commuter network around the central city is rather boring.

I don't think it's a class 375, they never had dual voltage. :lol: Also I need to ask you something. I remember you made some reskins for TS. Is this 375 blue livery correct?
Attachments
Leccy Star Sheet.png
(135.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

One day Growl ill get you to do spritesheets properly templated lol.
willsym22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by willsym22 »

The Growl wrote:
superalbs wrote:When are we looking at the next release coming available? I've got quite a game going on at the moment, and having to use the same generic Class 321, and Class 375 from UKRS2. I would love to see the Class 350 and Class 450 as pictured earlier in the game, as my current commuter network around the central city is rather boring.

I don't think it's a class 375, they never had dual voltage. :lol: Also I need to ask you something. I remember you made some reskins for TS. Is this 375 blue livery correct?

375s technically do, as the 375/6 are dual voltage but they're never used. Not sure why though.
TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheAmir259 »

Leanden, I'm sorry because my pic couldn't help you. However, I will try to break into the codings in an effort to help you more. For now, you might want to release it in the current state, not working as specially intended.
You can also find me at Reddit. Check out my OpenTTD Screenshots & Savefiles!
The Growl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by The Growl »

Leanden wrote:One day Growl ill get you to do spritesheets properly templated lol.
Transparent Background?

I've been perfecting the 332/333. What do you think of this version?
Attachments
332-333 FrontBack Base.png
332-333 FrontBack Base.png (1.56 KiB) Viewed 1284 times
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

The Growl wrote:
Leanden wrote:One day Growl ill get you to do spritesheets properly templated lol.
Transparent Background?

I've been perfecting the 332/333. What do you think of this version?
No more the directions and the layout of the sprites, there are some alignment issues.

For a set of 8 sprites, the top line of the sprites should be aligned. There should then be a 1 pixel gap between each individual sprite from left to right in a set. Each set should then be one pixel apart in the vertical views from top to bottom.

As for the directions, the sprites should go in the following order: N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW.

Return to “Graphics Development”