Auz Lineside and Roadside Objects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Auz Lineside and Roadside Objects

Post by GarryG »

More source files.

This set if for the AuzFakeRailwayLines_Add-ons.

I removed the Overhead wires for the time being.

Will add them to future versions as I complete them.

Idea here is to release this object set for players to use and I will update it as new objects are added.

So far it has Diamond Crossings for the Fake Railway lines in AuzFakeRailwayLines set.

and has the Carriage and Wagon Workshops.
Attachments
AuzFakeRailwayLines_Add-ons.tar
NewGRF file Version 4
(249 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
AuzFakeRailwayLines_Add-onsSoucesFilesV4.tar
Version 4
(1.84 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

This is one of my next object for the AuzFakeRailwayLines_Add-ons.

Replica as close as I can get it to the Eveleigh Locomotive Depot in Sydney Australia.
LocoSheds1.png
LocoSheds1.png (7.36 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
I just hope the open doors will not conflict with the railway lines leading up to the sheds.

The pic is from the Australian Railways Historical Society, (ARHS) Redfern Sydney .. if your after some old photos of New South Wales Railways visit their Archives section or visit their website at
http://www.arhsnsw.com.au/bookshop.htm

I cut the pics basically in half there are actually 2 sheds and other buidlings in the actual pic and can see all the 2 steam locos in more details.
Eveleigh Loco1.png
Eveleigh Loco1.png (121.59 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
EDIT: Forgot to mention .. the buildings are courtesy of FIRS Industry set. The roof, air vent on top, walls and windows all parts of buildings from FIRS. Only the doors are my own design.
Soot Happens
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

I've still got problems with (undefined object). I'm using the latest version of all your files.
Unnamed, 2100-01-01.png
(282.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet
openttd.cfg
(78.73 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

SimYouLater wrote:I've still got problems with (undefined object). I'm using the latest version of all your files.
What you PM me before with your game files .. your OpenTTD.exe wasn't included .. so I copied my 1.6.1 version over to try run your games.

But it would not load all your NewGRF files. I counted them and you show 115 NewGRF files in your Active NewGRF list.

I believe that is your problem too many NewGRF files. Not remember what the maximum should be but I think it 60 or 62 something like that.

Before I found the problem that one of my files the AuzFakeRailwayLines did have too many strings in it and by deleting many of them everything worked. I then deleted more strings in the other object sets to make room for the AuzFakeRailwayLines_Add-ons.

I've tested my new files in different orders and I not had any problems since.

Your welcome to upload your game files here to see if any other players like to have a look and see what they reckon.

But I believe it is the JGR's Patchpack which allows a large amount of NewGRFs to be loaded is the problem.

You could try moving all my files to the bottom of your list of Active NewGRF and see how that works.

Has anyone else been having these issues? If so please let me know.
Soot Happens
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

GarryG wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:I've still got problems with (undefined object). I'm using the latest version of all your files.
What you PM me before with your game files .. your OpenTTD.exe wasn't included .. so I copied my 1.6.1 version over to try run your games.

But it would not load all your NewGRF files. I counted them and you show 115 NewGRF files in your Active NewGRF list.

I believe that is your problem too many NewGRF files. Not remember what the maximum should be but I think it 60 or 62 something like that.

Before I found the problem that one of my files the AuzFakeRailwayLines did have too many strings in it and by deleting many of them everything worked. I then deleted more strings in the other object sets to make room for the AuzFakeRailwayLines_Add-ons.

I've tested my new files in different orders and I not had any problems since.

Your welcome to upload your game files here to see if any other players like to have a look and see what they reckon.

But I believe it is the JGR's Patchpack which allows a large amount of NewGRFs to be loaded is the problem.

You could try moving all my files to the bottom of your list of Active NewGRF and see how that works.

Has anyone else been having these issues? If so please let me know.
Too many NewGRFs? Fair enough. I suppose the patch JGR used hasn't accounted for that. I'll just have to play using less I suppose. That said, I left a text file in that download instructing you to use JGR's Patch Pack and not 1.6.1, so please try that if you have time.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

SimYouLater wrote:Too many NewGRFs? Fair enough. I suppose the patch JGR used hasn't accounted for that. I'll just have to play using less I suppose. That said, I left a text file in that download instructing you to use JGR's Patch Pack and not 1.6.1, so please try that if you have time.
Experiment with what you have .. some times it is the position of order you place the NewGRF files.

Put all my object files at the bottom and see what happens .. when you first mentioned this problem that is what I first thought might been problem.

I move mine to end and the trouble still remained but only with one of my files.

At least putting mine at end should only effect them and not all the others your using. Being object files the message you getting about (undefined object) should not effect playing the game as they are object files.

I will look at the instructions you mentioned later, as I off to medical appointments this morning and hoping after to go visit the Locomotive Depot I worked at it the early 1970s see what changes and get some photos as like to try make a Roundhouse as a object.

Cheers pal

EDIT: Just had a look for the instructions you mention and not find. Either I blind, can't see or they not there :) .. I gotta run cheers
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Experimenting to see if can make a locomotive depot as a object.

Here's a sample of the turntable.
75ftTurntable.png
75ftTurntable.png (5.7 KiB) Viewed 3724 times
It is based on the 75ft turntable at Broadmeadow Locomotive Depot in NSW Australia. Long enough to hold a Garratt or double headed diesels.

I picked this depot as that is where I started my railway career back in 1970 and steam was still in use.

Yet to make the round pit for it to sit in but it will extend over the normal size tiles by about 8 to 10 pixels in all directions.
Can see a image of that turntable at
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ntable.JPG

Been working on this idea on and off for months and like to try making my own round house based on ideas of the round house in the Modular Locomotive Sheds with credits to D.Erikson.

If you followed the link you will see some of the roundhouse with doors on all the bays. When I worked there, there was no doors. and 4 of the bays were big enough for the Beyer-Garratt's to fit.

The turntable had 44 roads running of it with the roundhouse having 21 bays. Whether or not I can make something similar that remains to be seen. Time will tell.
Soot Happens
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Because your Landscape GRF links here, I suppose this is where I should ask my question.

I was wondering if water/shore lines could be added to the landscape and rock tiles like the red rock tiles, I know that in australia Red Rock is actually no where near water but the red rock tiles make great canyon walls.

As I'm currently working on my own version of GTA SA's San Andreas Map, I kinda need the red rock tiles to have a shore version too so they can be properly used with canyons/arid rocky areas

BTW, great job on the Landscape objects, beats having the default rock tiles on green grass in sub-tropic as I do need to set up clifts/bluffs along the arid area of San Andreas where Los Vanturas resides.

In the screen shot I've provided you'll see what I mean about needing shore/water tiles for some of stuff added with the Auz Landscape grf (here you can see Snow and Red Rock Tiles). I'm using snow tiles because theres no GRF out there with slop aware tiles that look like concrete for the dam here.

Also I would use the river tiles to add a shore line to make things a little less abrupt but as you can see here the river tiles get weird when placed at sea level (I should probably mention this to the OpenGFX Landscape team)
Attachments
screenshot#1.png
(445.44 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

NekoMaster wrote:I was wondering if water/shore lines could be added to the landscape and rock tiles like the red rock tiles, I know that in australia Red Rock is actually no where near water but the red rock tiles make great canyon walls.
Shall see what I can do .. having problems with some of the other objects I trying to do bridges and the locomotive depot, so doing something diferent for a while will get my mind away from them and hope go back to them with fresh ideas.
NekoMaster wrote:I'm using snow tiles because theres no GRF out there with slop aware tiles that look like concrete for the dam here.
I often wonder some of the tiles such as the concrete, Asphalt, gravel, sand and Dirt if these all could be made to be slope aware.
NekoMaster wrote:Also I would use the river tiles to add a shore line to make things a little less abrupt but as you can see here the river tiles get weird when placed at sea level (I should probably mention this to the OpenGFX Landscape team)
The river tiles I made to match the default .. but you given me an idea .. they don't really have to have same curves and shore line shapes as long as they have a joiner to the defaults if need.

Probably no reason why the fake creeks I did could be also made to run north-south and east-west directions.

Shall see what I can come up with other the next few days or so.

Cheers
Soot Happens
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Thanks Garry, might be nice to have more of your Landscape tiles with shore line versions.

Also I imagine that concrete, asphalt, brick, and "tile" tiles will have to be made from scratch if you want to include slope aware tiles. And if a shore line version of each is made, I imagine that instead of a rough and rugged shore it'd be a strait line but with darker area near the water with all kinds of scum and moss from the sea.

Lastly I imagine that you could make your own shore tiles for use on water, perhaps to help cater to tiles without shore line versions in your landscape set and other sets.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

NekoMaster wrote:Thanks Garry, might be nice to have more of your Landscape tiles with shore line versions.
Welcome .. when look at different shore lines of dams, culverts, breakwaters etc. See a good variety of landscapes.

I hoping to have the red rocks, concrete and gravel slope aware for water and normal slopes before I go bed in a few hours time.

The red rocks basically done, juts that some reds not copy over properly and have a few Christmas lights to turn off.

The idea of yours about the bottom near water edge to some tiles could be a darker colour as if dirty from the water good idea .. see what my artistic skills can come up with.

I go eat and do more after.
Soot Happens
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

NekoMaster wrote:Canyons
GarryG wrote:See a good variety of landscapes.
I have been working on something like this for a few years. Works great in TTDPatch but its buggy in OTTD which is why I never released it.
The problem lies with the corner (half-slope) tiiles.
They have to be done as objects.
The sea level corner (half water) sprite is used as the object groundtile and rock/grass/snow slope and coast parts are layered on top of the groundtile.
For rivers, this works in TTDP because in TTDP river and sea water are defined as the same.
In OTTD, river and sea water are defined seperately. The sea sloped corner tile, when used as a groundtile for rivers, any adjacent river tiles get river banks.

You can see the TTDP version here
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Hi all,

Had a go at making some slope aware red rocks and concrete walls as suggested by Nekomaster for water edges.

Here's the sample if anyone like to test while I head off to dream world.
Auz_Landscape_Objects.grf
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 116 times
Hope to do some more tomorrow and fix any problems you might have found for me.
wallyweb wrote:For rivers, this works in TTDP because in TTDP river and sea water are defined as the same.In OTTD, river and sea water are defined seperately. The sea sloped corner tile, when used as a groundtile for rivers, any adjacent river tiles get river banks.
Never thought of that .. most rivers not have the waves unless the river is fairly wide and wind blown.

I off to dream world .. tomorrow is another day . cheers
Soot Happens
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

1729_textilemill.png
1729_textilemill.png (370.05 KiB) Viewed 3547 times
I just wanted to share a new harbour design. The year is supposed to be 1725. Most of the scenery is grossly anachronistic, but thanks to the AuzObjects I'm able to make at least parts of it look ancient. I imagine that a 1725 harbour would have been constructed out of poles, rocks, planks, gravel and flagstones, with a couple of wooden cranes and lots of dock workers - and almost certainly a ropewalk. If you saw the TV miniseries about John Adams, there were a few scenes depicting the Boston harbour in the 1770s, which is very close to what I'd want to recreate.

The wooden wharf tiles are nice, but look a bit too "polished" in this context. The white corner pegs might pass as moorings; is that what they're supposed to be?

(Edit: replaced inner wooden tiles with Finnish gravel.)
Last edited by leifbk on 07 Dec 2016 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Thanks again Garry for the quick work, I'm using the updated GRF now and I'm happy to see that not only did you include shoreline tiles for the red rock stuff, but included other styles of red rock as well as slope aware concrete and gravel (I'm using the concrete tiles now for Sherman Dam in my GTA San andreas scenario, might also be useful for when I make some Elevated Roads/Highways in the major cities)
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

leifbk wrote:The wooden wharf tiles are nice, but look a bit too "polished" in this context. The white corner pegs might pass as moorings; is that what they're supposed to be?
Thanks pal for your comments and pic.

I wonder if the wharves could be a more weathered timber look which make them a greyish look. The corner pegs are for moorings .. not sure if they would have been painted white in the olden days.

Making buildings old looking is what I trying to achieve with some of the buildings I working on now. I've obtained photos of old railway workshops, locomotive sheds, stations and other buildings to see if can add these to the collection.

Making some old style buildings around water edges in the sailing days be interesting to do too.

Be good to try making some old style cranes not just for the wharfs but for my railway sidings too .. something for me to work on when get chance.
NekoMaster wrote:Thanks again Garry for the quick work, I'm using the updated GRF now and I'm happy to see that not only did you include shoreline tiles for the red rock stuff, but included other styles of red rock as well as slope aware concrete and gravel (I'm using the concrete tiles now for Sherman Dam in my GTA San andreas scenario, might also be useful for when I make some Elevated Roads/Highways in the major cities)
Thanks for trying them out .. let me know if I missed anything. I thinking the concrete water edge tiles if the green slim and stain marks could be a few pixels higher.

Some of the corner pieces of red rock water edge tiles could do with a splash of water.

Hope to work on some more slope aware tiles today .. then get back to the other projects I working on tomorrow.

Cheers all
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Update to what I up to today.

In the Auz_Landscape_Objects I making as many of the tiles slope aware as possible.

The Sand, Dirt, Mud, Gravel, Asphalt, Concrete, Paving and the grass tiles will all be slope aware in the next issue of Auz_Landscape_Objects.

Also thinking to combine the Auz_Landscape_Objects and Auz_Water_Objects as one set. Will rename it to Auz_Land_and_Water_Objects .. or something like that. This will free up a NewGRF file in our games.

Will release Auz_Landscape_Objects and Auz_Water_Objects once more as separate files for those who have saved games and scenarios in use.

More soon.

Cheers
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

I've changed a few things in the Auz_Landscape_Objects.

Still same version number as one above.
Auz_Landscape_Objects.grf
(1.95 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
The red rocks and concrete water slope tiles have added a splash of water in the corner tiles.

Changed the following terrain tiles to slope aware.

The Sand, Dirt, Mud, Gravel, Asphalt, Paving and the grass tiles are all slope aware.

I changed a few terrain tiles to sandstone blocks. There are 2 sets, 1 for water edges slopes and 1 normal slopes
sandstone walls-1.png
sandstone walls-1.png (93.5 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
The graphics for the sandstone block courtesy of the OpenGFX+ Landscape set.
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Hi fellas,

Do you think this looks ok for white water rapids?
whitewater-1.png
whitewater-1.png (225.97 KiB) Viewed 3420 times
I put a few rocks around to try make it look like flowing through a canyon.

Cheers
Soot Happens
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

GarryG wrote:Hi fellas,

Do you think this looks ok for white water rapids?
whitewater-1.png

I put a few rocks around to try make it look like flowing through a canyon.

Cheers
Looks rather nice Garry, I really like how you've gone to the effort to make the tiles look realistic. I guess you get textures off the internet and convert them to TTD pallet?

Return to “Graphics Development”