Auztralian Industries (AuzInd)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

fridaemon
Director
Director

Re: Auztralian Industries (AuzInd)

Post by fridaemon »

Perfect :)

I have an idea. What about adding ZOO to this industry (and to your object set of course :lol: ) Maybe 4x4 .. you have many animals and many useful pieces in your sets. But I would appreciate the version vor normal climate and for subtropical climate too. :P
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

GarryG wrote: 02 Aug 2021 13:19New Cargoes:
Pupils (PUPL) or maybe change it to KIDS.
Students (STUD)
Tourists (TOUR) ...
My five cents ...

Having Kids (KIDS), Students (STUD) and Tourists (TOUR) next to Passengers (PASS) is not a viable solution. Never let the game out of sight when coming up with ideas.

I did have a discussion with wallyweb recently when working on the Canadian Industry Scheme for the Canadian Theme Pack. He asked to have tourists added. It does make sense, after all we do have the Rocky Mountaineer and White Pass and Yukon Tourist Trains as well as Resorts and City Hotels.

I have added minibuses and taxis to collect and ferry tourists from city hotels to railway stations, where they can board trains (having 1 or 2 carriages for them) to get them to their destinations. That is where it should end ...

Now just imaging to have 3 to 4 passenger style 'cargo types'; you'll need separate buses (unless they are of the bendi type) and separate rail carriages for each of them. Forget about cruise ships and aircraft, they'll never make any money, because you'll never have enough of these sub-passengers to transport.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

OzTrans wrote: 03 Aug 2021 00:46 My five cents ...

Having Kids (KIDS), Students (STUD) and Tourists (TOUR) next to Passengers (PASS) is not a viable solution. Never let the game out of sight when coming up with ideas.
Appreciate your feedback.

You could be right about the Kids and Students .. What do others think .. should I keep or remove them. The Apartment buildings can still stay and produce Tourists. Schools be removed. Sporting Fields can stay for Tourists.

Tourists will be added .. I made a Tourist Information Center Industry to game for them plus see where else can send them. In oe of my previous Industry Sets I did have a Holiday Resort Lake .. I could add it to this set and Tourists and Kids can visit it. Take passengers and students back to town.

(Been asked as a joke, but might be ok .. have 4 or more Tourist Information Centers numbered 1 to 4 or more. Then players can arrange to take the Tourists to all locations in order as if Tourists are visiting all locations).

Polroad Buses accepts all 4 and so does my train set, so presume other sets will accept them too.

So is it worth keeping the kids and students?
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

At the end of the day, whether its passengers, tourists, students, pupils, steel, coal, wood... it's all just stuff. The game doesn't care what it's called. It's just a series of bits and your job is to move it from one place to another place.

The real question to ask is what purpose does this stuff offer to the player? What are you looking to do? What kind of game play do you want to inspire?

I wouldn't mind seeing a more city-focused, hyper-local game which focused on urban cargoes. But to carry that out you're going to need industries to support it, and more importantly you're going to make sure the right vehicles are included. There's really not much skill if a few vehicles carry just about every type of cargo.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

kamnet wrote: 03 Aug 2021 03:33 I wouldn't mind seeing a more city-focused, hyper-local game which focused on urban cargoes. But to carry that out you're going to need industries to support it, and more importantly you're going to make sure the right vehicles are included.
That was my idea for the schools , apartments, students and sporting fields .. is to add some city things. Maybe even single shops kike Butcher to accept Meat, Bakers to accept Flour. Or join them together so to look with shops aligning the streets like it was in real before shopping centers.

The Industires to support them I have ..

Polroads supporting all cargoes I made so far and so is my train set. So should work with other sets. I've also added a set of livestock wagons that will carry the Cows, sheep and pigs.

Some cargoes I have are:
GRAIN
PAPER
WHEAT
MEAT
FISH
FRUIT
MAIZE
WATER
SUGAR
FARM SUPPLIES
PARCELS
POULTRY
SOFT DRINKS
PACKAGING
WOOD PULP
NUTS
VEGETABLES
MERCHANDISE
Sheep
CATTLE
CHLORINE
DAIRY PRODUCTS
Pigs
FLOUR
COTTON
MARINE SUPPLIES
NATURAL GAS
TROPIC WOOD
TEXTILES
FURNITURE
PACKAGED FOODS
OYSTERS
CEREALS
PROCESSED MEATS
TOURISTS
Hogs
RICE
CHILDREN
STUDENTS

plus normal cargoes.
Soot Happens
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

In real life, the big difference between studenta, workers, tourists and other groups is mostly at which times of day they travel, something that OpenTTD is not able to simulate due to not having a day-night cycle.

There is of course some difference in where they want to go, but the enphasis is on "some" here.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Taschi wrote: 03 Aug 2021 06:28 In real life, the big difference between students, workers, tourists and other groups is mostly at which times of day they travel, something that OpenTTD is not able to simulate due to not having a day-night cycle.

That will always be a problem but a day goes fairly quickly in game so might be ok still.

Game play at moment with cargoes .. just passengers and mail can be moved within and between towns.

All other cargoes come from Industries scattered around the map and brought into a town and ends.

So I hoping to arrange so we can move other cargoes within towns.

Best way I see for doing that is to make extra chains to the cargoes.

Originally .. livestock just produced FOOD .. now Cattle goes to a livestock sales yard and produces livestock (might change that to BEEF). Livestock goes to the Abattoirs and produces MEAT and Processed Foods. These go into a town to a Butcher and Super Markets and produce FOOD. Food can go to other towns. Same as Sheep ... it would be Sheep - Livestock (maybe change it to Mutton) - meat and processed foods.

Move some of the secondary Industries into town or they build very close to towns. Secondary Industries used to produce FOOD and GOODS .. but like to change it so they produce other cargoes such as Processed Foods, Meats, Dairy Products, Wholesale Merchandise, Furniture, Paper and some other cargo types and these go to commercial premises such as shops and it is here where FOOD and GOODS is produced.

The idea might not work, but like to give it a try.

So keep the feedback coming as it all helps giving me ideas.

Cheers

EDIT:

Had a brain wave idea .. it was mentioned if the schools, apartments and Sport fields and associated cargoes could be a add-on industry set. If you like that idea, then I will remove them from AuzFarmsIndustry make a AuzTownIndustry or something like that.
Soot Happens
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

My point about the missing day-might cycle is just that without it, distinguishing between several types of passengers just doesn't make sense. There is no real impact to it, aside from habing to constantly mess with vehicle refits, which to me personally is basically the opposite of fun.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Taschi wrote: 03 Aug 2021 12:30 distinguishing between several types of passengers just doesn't make sense.
When Quast65 and I was making the OTIS Industry set we tried to arrange so no industry accepts and receives the same cargoes and that what I trying to do. It would seem strange taking passengers to school and home again, or passengers to Soccer and home again.

I think I put industries in to to do later folder for a few weeks while I think of some ideas.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

Adding in my two cents about the cargo discussion thing, if I may.

I think the concept of different kinds of passengers is cool, but it just doesn't work with how OpenTTD handles cargoes currently. It's exactly as what OzTrans said. Since you cannot have both passengers and 'passengers but different' in one carriage, you will need dedicated carriages just to transport different types of passengers around.

One way I could maybe see this work, though, is by making the separate passenger types purely a short-distance cargo. Profitable only if you transport them so fast that it's not viable at long-distance, while making passengers still profitable at long distances. Trains and Planes and Boats can then transport intercity passengers and be profitable, while with busses and such you transport local passengers to and from points of interest inside a city for some extra money over regular passengers.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Fairyfloss wrote: 03 Aug 2021 17:37 I think the concept of different kinds of passengers is cool, but it just doesn't work with how OpenTTD handles cargoes currently. It's exactly as what OzTrans said. Since you cannot have both passengers and 'passengers but different' in one carriage, you will need dedicated carriages just to transport different types of passengers around.
I think I definitely need 2 Industry sets. Separate the different passenger idea so players have a choice if they like to use them.

I've done the livestock the same way and the livestock wagons they handle livestock, cattle, sheep and pigs.
Fairyfloss wrote: 03 Aug 2021 17:37 One way I could maybe see this work, though, is by making the separate passenger types purely a short-distance cargo.
When start a game, some towns have both Apartments, schools and sports. And some towns only one or none of them which could be the Apartments and in a different is a school and in a another town is the sporting fields.

I still got some experimenting to do but see no reason why they not work .. yet.

But I think need to make another added on Industry just for this idea I having.
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

AuzFarmIndustry

Decided to remove the students and children from the cargoes .. this gave me ideas for other city industries.

Schools can accept supplies (paper and books) and different food items (for canteen) and produce MAIL (letters going out to the parents for kids waging school and exam results) :D

Sporting Fields .. can accept Tourists and foods and produce Passengers or more Tourists?

Add Hospitals as these can accept supplies and different foods and maybe produce MAIL (bills).

Next question what else can be added in a town and city .. like some to accept Tourists .. any suggestions?

I added a soft drink factory (courtesy of fridaemon), Produce Markets (send produce from Farms such as Fruit and Vegetables and Fish from fish farms) and produce FOOD.

And for those who love the odd Ale (beer) made a Hops Farm .. Send the hops to brewery and to soft drink factory (used to make Bitter Lemon). Hope to add Barley as a separate cargo so can send Hops and Barley yo Brewery.
Attachments
soft drinks markets and hops.png
soft drinks markets and hops.png (37.52 KiB) Viewed 2661 times
Soot Happens
andreasaspenberg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by andreasaspenberg »

the mod is interesting but, i found some very serious bugs where livestock is just stored and not processed and where the race track gets its stuff but does not use it. in both cases the areas stops paying me for transporting the stuff.
Attachments
Lundhammer Transport, 2098-12-22.sav
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 54 times
Kabelberg Transport, 2279-04-22.sav
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

andreasaspenberg wrote: 10 Aug 2021 18:54 the mod is interesting but, i found some very serious bugs where livestock is just stored and not processed and where the race track gets its stuff but does not use it. in both cases the areas stops paying me for transporting the stuff.
Basically all my early industry sets have a problem of some kind as I never really understood coding properly .. basically all my previous industry's are obsolete due to problems. So I trying again to make new set called AuzFarmsIndustry but health problems and testing each Industry and cargo I add making progress really slow.

Worse part about making things for OpenTTD whether it Industry or something else. I think other coders would agree with me .. We can test it before releasing it all all looks good. But for some reason we miss things and appreciate it when people report those problems.

Cheers pal
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

AuzFarmIndustry

Still slowly working on these .. really like to make this set mostly for Farms and towns .. Industries chain to produce GOODS be minimum.

Some Industries I have or about to add..

Apartment Buildings, Cereal Factory, Commercial Shops, Dairy Farm with Poultry sheds, Department Stores, Hops Farm, Hospitals, Produce Market, Oil Seed Refinery, Schools, Sports Fields, Water Treatment Plant.

Here's a image of the Dairy Farm with Poultry Sheds and a old style Apartment Building.
Dairy Farm and Apartments.png
Dairy Farm and Apartments.png (15.1 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
Some of the new cargoes added or hope to add ..
Meat, Hops, Poultry, Eggs, Soft Drinks, Whole Sale Merchandise, Chlorine, Dairy Products, Pigs, Sheep, Cattle, Natural Gas, Edible Oil, Rice, Drapery, Tourists, Furniture, Textiles, Flour, Packaged Foods, Peanuts, Water plus a few originals.

Hope to remove cargo WOOD or use it in a different way and remove the Forest. Sawmills in real are built in or near forests so I think a Sawmill would be sufficient. Sawmill can produce WOOD (logs) and send to Paper Mill and for Export. WDPR (lumber) can go Builders Yard, Hardware store and possible Bulk Terminals (Export).

I have 4 spare cargo slots .. If I not think of cargos to fill those then I might remove Farm Supplies (FMSP) and add Fertilzer, Seed, and Stock Feed.

Can not set a approximate date when this set me finished but it getting my priority.

Cheers
Soot Happens
perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by perverted monkey »

IMO the last house (salmon) is more bright than it should. OK if it is on the right, I suppose you placed it there intentionally, but if you plan to add any variations in the position of the houses better darken it. Anyway it would be nice to have more variety in colors.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

AuzFarmIndustry

Experimenting with Passenger Terminals. Finding it hard to understand the coding for coastal Industries, but hoping by experimenting I might figure it out better.
Attachments
Passenger Terminal.png
Passenger Terminal.png (56.81 KiB) Viewed 2312 times
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

AuzFarmIndustry

I think I got a fairly nice Passenger Terminal made.

The code and design of the terminal is from FIRS 1.4.3 Bulk Terminal. The decking for the wharf is from VAST, the Ferry's are from FISH.
Passenger Terminal1.png
Passenger Terminal1.png (65.69 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
Passenger Terminal2.png
Passenger Terminal2.png (40.89 KiB) Viewed 2244 times
At moment I coded them to accept and produce Passengers, Tourists and Mail.

Just 1 tile I forgot to put lights on .. hope to do that tonight.
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

AuzFarmIndustry

Added a second Passenger Ferry Terminal.

Also in image is: 3 Apartments, 2 Department Stores, Furniture Shop, a Hotel (called Railway Hotel), Printing Shop and a Shopping Center consisting of 5 different shops.

Some of these images above and previous posts are courtesy of Andythenorth, fridaemon, BornAcorn and prissi.
Attachments
screenshot#21.png
screenshot#21.png (175.23 KiB) Viewed 2176 times
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

AUZFARMINDUSTRY

Came up with a strange idea and wonder what some of you think about it.

I believe towns can be coded to accept extra cargoes now.

I not be making any towns, but thinking to make some 1x1 tile Industry to place in towns to accept many cargoes like a real town would normally accept and produce GOODS, MAIL, FOOD.

This Industry could be a fountain, or something like that.

This might reduce the need of many town Industries I been making. The unfortunate part they will not build in every town at start of a game. So I will reduce the cost of buying this Industry and you can place it in the towns.

Hope that was explained in a way that you understood.

Cheers
Soot Happens

Return to “Graphics Development”