Auztralian Industries (AuzInd)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Auztralian Industries (AuzInd)

Post by GarryG »

Gadg8eer wrote: 17 Feb 2020 02:32 Thanks! Keep up the good work, but more importantly, stay healthy.
Your welcome .. be several months or more before I try working on the industrial set again and add extra cargos.

I need to finish off some of my other projects first.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

In case your wondering what happening with the Industry set.

Although I could start on new one now, I making myself wait till official release of the new NML version.

This to give me time to finish on other projects and start planning what I hope to do with the Industry Set.

Many of my previous Industries based on what I stole from FIRS 1.4.3 and SPI Industries as I wasn't much good at making my own.

Tell you more in a few months time.
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Well, NML 0.5.0 now been released, but still be a while before I start doing anything with my Industrial set . like to finish off some of my other projects first.

In the mean time I hope to make up a list of Industries and cargoes I hope to include.

I doubt that I will ever make any Industries that handle 16 cargoes .. Many probably only be accepting the 3 and produce the 2 maybe a few more.

The Bulk Terminals for importing and exporting will be the main ones to handle lots of cargos.

Almost every Industry could produce their normal cargo as well as GOODS (GOOD) and my favorite PARCELS (PCL_).

When I worked on railways some of the things be sent as parcels on trains from the station I worked at called Broadmeadow in the 1970s were: Motor Bikes, car parts (everything except the car itself) , dogs and other small animals, fish (dead and alive), shrimp (prawns), oysters, processed meats, flowers, anything that could fit in the parcel van on passenger trains. The reason I did that list is that any Industries that I add I hope to make Parcels as one of the cargo they produce. For instance .. fish farm will produce FISH and also Parcels. The Abattoirs would produce MEAT, Processed Meats and Parcel.

So basically any Industry they would produce Bulk Cargo that requires trains and truck loads to carry, but also smaller amount of cargo such as the humble Parcel .

At least that idea I have at moment.
Soot Happens
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

GarryG wrote: 05 May 2020 11:08 ...
I found a very minor but annoying issue with AuzInd9.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (12.35 KiB) Viewed 3446 times
As you can see, the industries list "textiles" instead of "Textiles". The same happens in the vehicle-sorting menu.

Thanks, sorry to bother you with something so minor!
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Gadg8eer wrote: 19 May 2020 23:16 As you can see, the industries list "textiles" instead of "Textiles". The same happens in the vehicle-sorting menu.
My computer can't spell things correctly :D

Can't fix that error at the moment as the source to that set is in Australia and I stuck in Philippines at the moment. If what I hear on the news for both countries could be end of August or later before I can return home.

Cheers pal.
Soot Happens
grochowski
Engineer
Engineer

Post by grochowski »

GarryG wrote: 06 Jul 2019 06:05 Thank you kindly Aegir.

I hope not to give up on these projects as I enjoy doing it.

To explain to those who don't know my problem.

Back in 2004 I had argument with a Iron Bar .. that is one of those big long 6 feet bars used to move railway wagons with. I lost and ended up with a fractured skull and permanent brain damage. Had to retrain my brain to do things as some cells are dead and damaged.

Find it hard some times to concentrate and remembering what I doing and just read .. often have to read things several times to remember what I read.

One of the reasons I switch from one project to another as start to lose concentration on one, so I open another one for a while.

Much thanks to many members in these forums who came along to help and encourage me. They actually saved my life. Doing this coding and drawings are helping to keep my brain active so I will keep trying as long as I can.

By the way, I don't understand much of coding .. all my coding is copies from other peoples projects. I change reference to the .png file and give it a new name. But a lot of the coding I just can't figure out .. it all trial and error for me. Even my drawing at first was someone else's work and I just gave them a new coat of paint.

Sometimes some things don't work properly such as what " brickie " mentioned. I do a test before I released any on Bananas and in these forums, but some how they not always work properly later. That I found is usually when I working on the next Industry and need to change something in the coding I usually did a copy and replace. Thinking it will only replace that wording in the one I working on, but it sometimes accidently replaced that word or code in another Industry without me realizing. Hence while some one finds a problem later. As much as I curse people finding errors I also appreciate it.

The last few months been making lots of errors and find sometimes I thought I did something but I hadn't or forget to do something and wonder why it not working. I think sometimes I dream in my sleep I doing a project and feel like I did do it in real. (How many others out there have dreamed of playing their computer games :D :roll: :oops: )

I also think one thing that getting me down. I am a Aussie, but my fiancée and kids live in Philippines and I been away from them for a few years now doing medical test to try help my problem.

But on July 23 I be going back home so hope being with my family will help improve things.

Cheers all
Man, I`ve Just made my account in this forum and this is actually the first post I make. And I`d like to say thank you for your great work and to state how awesome you are! Despite having this problem, having to deal with the consequences of your accident, and being so productive is pretty inspiring.

Do not give up! AuzInd turned my gaming experience from water to wine!

BTW, I have a request, but I`ll leave It for another time.

You are awesome!
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

grochowski wrote: 25 Oct 2020 21:40 Man, I`ve Just made my account in this forum and this is actually the first post I make. And I`d like to say thank you for your great work and to state how awesome you are! Despite having this problem, having to deal with the consequences of your accident, and being so productive is pretty inspiring.
Appreciate your comment. Love to re-make the Industry set, but not sure if and when. Just don't have the mind to learn the new coding required to make some Industries accept and produce extra cargos.

I know I not be doing anything to it till I return to Australia .. I stuck in Philippines because of the Covid-19. Looks like April next year at earliest before I can get back home.

Cheers pal, and thanks
Soot Happens
grochowski
Engineer
Engineer

Post by grochowski »

Hey GarryG,
Sorry for such a delayed awnser. It took me too long to, since I was studying and working on my transport engineering masters application, while I'm stuck at home. :D

Now that I have some extra time, I've started to make diagrams to understand better the flow of the cargo in AuzInd 170, 3 and 9. The two first versions has 32 cargos and the latter has about 48 (don't remember the number exactly). As soon as I have some, I'll post them here.
GarryG wrote: 26 Oct 2020 02:48
I know I not be doing anything to it till I return to Australia .. I stuck in Philippines because of the Covid-19. Looks like April next year at earliest before I can get back home.
I understand that you are away from home, and I do not want to give you any kind of trouble while in Phillipines, but If you don't mind, I intend to test all versions of AuzInd posted here, starting from my favorite, AuzInd 170, to the 9, in order to check for cargos and industries no functioning properly. Of course, I'll do It If It is OK with you, and I could report later If you wish.

Cheers!
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

grochowski wrote: 28 Nov 2020 02:36 Sorry for such a delayed awnser. It took me too long to, since I was studying and working on my transport engineering masters application, while I'm stuck at home.
No problem home and person life should always come first. Playing games and things like that is something to do when nothing else to do. :D

It up to you if like to test the different versions of Industry sets. I have some here in Philippines, but not the latest I was working with .. all the source for that one is on a hard drive in Australia.

I did have it on a portable drive to bring here, but it was removed from my luggage in Australia. I had a power pack in my check in luggage and did not know it was not allowed. Customs detected it and the mongrels not only removed that power bank but and also my portable hard drive as it did look similar to a power pack. They said I could retrieve them when I return to Australia .. just not sure when that will be.

Maybe I just need to start a new set in the new year if there is no sign of when I can return home.

Cheers pal
Soot Happens
grochowski
Engineer
Engineer

Post by grochowski »

Allright, I should test all the versions of AuzInd that are in this forum thread and the next version you intend to do by new year.

Before that, I should work on those flow charts, in order to help me out through the testing.

BTW, I've played a bit the AuzInd 9 and liked much! Excellent work :!: :!:

As soon as I have some of those charts jpegs I Will post them here...

Have a nice Sunday and rest of weekend
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

I hoping to start working on new Industry set soon.

But before I start over the next month or 2 I be collecting ideas and data on what Industries and cargoes to have.

Most of the Industries I will use are from AuzInd09 and AuzInd10 and add maybe a few new ones.

Some Cargos I like to have::

* 3 types of Livestock, Cattle, Sheep and Pigs.
* Meat,
* Processed Meats
* Parcels (some people say Mail and parcels are the same .. but I disagree .. When I worked on railways we had parcel offices on almost every railway station where people could send a package by passenger train. Those days sending the parcel by rail was a lot quicker then posting it at a post office and it traveled as MAIL by road and often transported to a railway station and sent on a Mail Train).
* Processed Dairy Products
* Processed Foods.
* Oysters
* Farm Supplies
* Fertilizer
* Wheat (for wheat)
* Grain (for Barley, Oats and other grains)
* Flour
* FUEL (for diesel) and PETR (for Petrol (Petroleum))

Another idea I have is use a idea that SPI Industry set and Yeti has .. transport passengers to and from Industries. I looking at calling them Workers and Tied Workers. Problem being is what type of Industry will produce them .. Need a Industry to build in the towns to produce and accept the workers. Maybe a Hotel as I sure the tied workers would love some liquid refreshments after a hard days work. :roll:

But at moment it all a dream .. just hoping in a few months time start making it come true.
Soot Happens
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

GarryG wrote: 05 Jan 2021 11:29 Maybe a Hotel as I sure the tied workers would love some liquid refreshments after a hard days work. :roll:
Dont you mean tiRed workers?
I get a whole different image when thinking about tied workers in need of liquid refreshments… 8o
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

tied workers :lol: :lol: :lol: Are you planning to create chinese industry? :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
Timeflyer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Timeflyer »

fridaemon wrote: 05 Jan 2021 12:16 tied workers ..

sounds like my employer :mrgreen: :D
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Quast65 wrote: 05 Jan 2021 12:08 Dont you mean tiRed workers?
Blame my keyboard failing to add the R. And my eyes for failing to see the error.
fridaemon wrote: 05 Jan 2021 12:16 tied workers Are you planning to create chinese industry?
Not a bad idea .. they could create chop sticks and rice. Maybe could create a cargo called "Made In China" and be a import at the Port and Bulk Terminals and deliver to almost all Industries. :D
Soot Happens
Timeflyer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Timeflyer »

GarryG wrote: 05 Jan 2021 11:29 * 3 types of Livestock, Cattle, Sheep and Pigs.
* Meat,
* Processed Meats
* Parcels (some people say Mail and parcels are the same .. but I disagree .. When I worked on railways we had parcel offices on almost every railway station where people could send a package by passenger train. Those days sending the parcel by rail was a lot quicker then posting it at a post office and it traveled as MAIL by road and often transported to a railway station and sent on a Mail Train).
* Processed Dairy Products
* Processed Foods.
* Oysters
* Farm Supplies
* Fertilizer
* Wheat (for wheat)
* Grain (for Barley, Oats and other grains)
* Flour
* FUEL (for diesel) and PETR (for Petrol (Petroleum))
what about:
* vegetables --> there could be organic farms or Schreber gardens in towns who produces them or some Orchard meadow
customer could be food factory or marketplaces in towns / or grocery stores
Timeflyer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Timeflyer »

GarryG wrote: 05 Jan 2021 11:29 Some Cargos I like to have::

* 3 types of Livestock, Cattle, Sheep and Pigs.
I think there must be 4 types: cattle, pigs, poultry (meat and also eggs) and sheep
:mrgreen:
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Timeflyer wrote: 07 Jan 2021 00:53 I think there must be 4 types: cattle, pigs, poultry (meat and also eggs) and sheep
That could be a possibility and will need to add a poultry farm.
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

COMING SOON.

Quast65 and myself are working on a new Industry set idea.

This is more towards players who like eye-candy playing.

The Industry will be only have 9 Industries which we hope to call:

Water Based Primary:
Land Based Primary:
Farms:
High Density:
Low Density:
Commercial:
Residential:
Utilities:
Oil Wells:

and 36 Cargoes.

There will be only one (1) tile for each Industry which will be cheap to buy if you wish to place industries where you want. Then you use objects and non-track station tiles to build the Industry and the type you want.

To make the game interesting go to Setting and change the following:

World generation:
Select:
Industry density: Funding Only or one of the other settings.

Environment:
Industries:

Select:
Manual primary industry construction method: As other industries
Allow multi similar industries per town: On

If you don't change those settings you be limited to only 1 mine, 1 farm, and 1 of every thing else per town.

Also seeing if I can adopt a idea in the SPI and YETI industry with workers and tired workers.

Tell you more soon.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Looking forward to this! Being able to customize your industries better sounds like a great idea.

Return to “Graphics Development”