Auztralian Industries (AuzInd)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Auztralian Industries (AuzInd)

Post by GarryG »

Starting to improve and did a little coding today to the Fence Objects. Will put a copy of in the object section shortly.

Going to put the Industry's aside for now until I am able to concentrate on it better and when we are able to add extra cargoes to them.

When we can do this I hope to reduce the amount of Industries.

When I first made all those Industries it was so can have several locations to find cargoes. But with the new addition of extra cargoes I don't think I will need so many.

Still looking at idea of Industrial Estates and Commercial sections. Arrange so it will build as on Industry, but it will represent several types together in one location.

Until then .. I work on other projects such as Objects and railway tracks.
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Dauntless84
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dauntless84 »

Hey lads

Been following this thread for a few months now and this is my first post on this forum.

I have been testing all the grfs published here on my Android tablet running openttd.

Recently the latest updates have not been able to run. I'm given an error message saying cannot load sprite 183 and the industries load as vanilla base game ones.

Really been enjoying this industry set and just wondered if I'm missing something. I have heard you lads are trying to implement a new 64 cargo type sceme, which sounds majorly exciting. Is my issue related to that?

Some background on me. I've been playing TT and TTD since they originally came out in the 90s and I like to try out new grfs while I'm deployed at sea with the Royal Navy.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Hi,

Could be the cause indeed. I read a few pages back, and at page 34, I found viewtopic.php?p=1218264#p1218264 which seems to describe what to do for 64 cargo support. Anything newer than that version should also work.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

AuzInd9 is only a test Industry set and only suitable for OpenTTD versions that accept the 64 cargoes such as OpenTTD 1.9.0.

You will need AuzInd6 which is available on Bananas.

Cheers
Soot Happens
brickie
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by brickie »

Hey guys,

Just trying this out for the first time (AuzInd6 off Bananas), and I keep getting an error message on map generation that "There were no suitable places for Flour Mill industries". I don't seem to be able to place them manually either.

I have tried a few different parameters when generating a map but don't seem to find the sweet spot. I dare say I can live with no flour mills, but am I missing something obvious? Is there a list of what constituted a "suitable place" for the various different industries?

cheers!
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

brickie wrote: 05 Jul 2019 14:12 Hey guys,

Just trying this out for the first time (AuzInd6 off Bananas), and I keep getting an error message on map generation that "There were no suitable places for Flour Mill industries". I don't seem to be able to place them manually either.

I have tried a few different parameters when generating a map but don't seem to find the sweet spot. I dare say I can live with no flour mills, but am I missing something obvious? Is there a list of what constituted a "suitable place" for the various different industries?

cheers!
You need a larger map. 512x512 is the smallest size that is likely to have all industries.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Sorry if anyone having problems with my projects.

Due to health problems got no idea if ever I be able to finish any projects I started or repair any.

My health problem is permanent .. I get my days I can do a little bit to the projects and then I have several days and more I can't do anything to them.

Things that once I could do in a day or two now could take me weeks or months to do.

Cheers all
Soot Happens
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

GarryG wrote: 06 Jul 2019 00:01 Sorry if anyone having problems with my projects.

Due to health problems got no idea if ever I be able to finish any projects I started or repair any.

My health problem is permanent .. I get my days I can do a little bit to the projects and then I have several days and more I can't do anything to them.

Things that once I could do in a day or two now could take me weeks or months to do.

Cheers all
Hey man,

Don't beat yourself up over the things that took you days now taking weeks or months. Look at the forum join dates for some of us here, TT has always been a bit of a 'long game' for a lot of us, and don't let the greedy wanting masses pressure you into doing anything you're not comfortable with. Likewise, I get how chronic illness/injury screw with you and sap the joy out of things and that sometimes the logical conclusions about what you need to do for yourself don't seem that way to other people who aren't in your shoes so I aint going to pretend to know what's best for you.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you feel like you have to go don't feel like anyone gets to hold you back, likewise don't feel like you have to maintain the same pace to still be involved and publishing in this community as well if you feel like that's what's holding you back. I let that pressure get to me about ten years back, had a few dummy spits, and then eventually disappeared for a bit.

Couple of things to keep in mind if you are going to take an extended hiatus that I can recommend from my experiences; make all of your licensing/permissions stuff clear and accessible because you will keep getting people pm'ing and emailing you bugging you about it for the next decade if you don't. If you're going to just go straight GPL for everything, upload a zip file of all of your working files for someone to carry on with. If you're going to keep it up your sleeve for a rainy day/return to the community at a later date make sure you back it up somewhere you can get to it if your PC blows up. I kept really inconsistent backups and now ten years later I'm trying to work with incomplete GIMP documents, and a relatively complete exported PNG with all the original layers lost :x . Something as simple as just zipping it all up and emailing it to yourself is something I wish I did.

Look after yourself, and if you ever want to have a whinge about the bruised-and-broken lifestyle feel free to hit me up.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Thank you kindly Aegir.

I hope not to give up on these projects as I enjoy doing it.

To explain to those who don't know my problem.

Back in 2004 I had argument with a Iron Bar .. that is one of those big long 6 feet bars used to move railway wagons with. I lost and ended up with a fractured skull and permanent brain damage. Had to retrain my brain to do things as some cells are dead and damaged.

Find it hard some times to concentrate and remembering what I doing and just read .. often have to read things several times to remember what I read.

One of the reasons I switch from one project to another as start to lose concentration on one, so I open another one for a while.

Much thanks to many members in these forums who came along to help and encourage me. They actually saved my life. Doing this coding and drawings are helping to keep my brain active so I will keep trying as long as I can.

By the way, I don't understand much of coding .. all my coding is copies from other peoples projects. I change reference to the .png file and give it a new name. But a lot of the coding I just can't figure out .. it all trial and error for me. Even my drawing at first was someone else's work and I just gave them a new coat of paint.

Sometimes some things don't work properly such as what " brickie " mentioned. I do a test before I released any on Bananas and in these forums, but some how they not always work properly later. That I found is usually when I working on the next Industry and need to change something in the coding I usually did a copy and replace. Thinking it will only replace that wording in the one I working on, but it sometimes accidently replaced that word or code in another Industry without me realizing. Hence while some one finds a problem later. As much as I curse people finding errors I also appreciate it.

The last few months been making lots of errors and find sometimes I thought I did something but I hadn't or forget to do something and wonder why it not working. I think sometimes I dream in my sleep I doing a project and feel like I did do it in real. (How many others out there have dreamed of playing their computer games :D :roll: :oops: )

I also think one thing that getting me down. I am a Aussie, but my fiancée and kids live in Philippines and I been away from them for a few years now doing medical test to try help my problem.

But on July 23 I be going back home so hope being with my family will help improve things.

Cheers all
Soot Happens
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Don't worry much about Brickie's issue, I get this message with diffrent industries every time a start a new game with FIRS (which I believe this is based on?). Just because there a wasn't a place for the industry at the map generation, doesn't mean one won't spawn in the future.

Family is important. I'm sure you'll pick up when you see them again. Keep going as and when you can. If you don't use it, you'll loose it. But there's no rush. Don't get stressed over a game. The work you've done so far is great, Sydney station looks amazing.

All the best for the future, hope you'll feel better soon.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Your work is better than mine, please don't be too hard on yourself. Take a break if you need to.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

All your projects are grandiose and magnificent. You put a lot of work into your sets. Really very nice to use it all in the game. My eyes are happy. Thank you so much. Your hard work is priceless :wink: :) .

And please do create all this on the mood, capabilities and most importantly the right condition. You don't have to force yourself to do anything. It won't do any good.

Thank you for the details of your life. The causes of your health problems. I am very glad that you find the strength to fight and do everything that you like. May God give You more health, prosperity and happiness. You're good. I'm always amazed at people like you :D .

Regards, STD (Aleksey).
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Thanks all for your well wishes and complements.

Cheers
Soot Happens
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Allow me to pile on.

The work that you've done over the last few years has been nothing short of amazing, wondrous and possibly uncanny, without respect to your health. You are an inspiration to anybody who aspires to contribute to this project. Through effort, and sometimes sheer perseverance, you have created an artistic legacy that has most certainly elevated this game.

On the days where you're not feeling your best, just look back on this topic and remember all of us who love you for not only the work you've done, but the person you are.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Thanks Kamnet for you inspiration.
Soot Happens
skummel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by skummel »

Suggestion for new industries if max is not reach

Coffee : Beanfarm, Roaster industri , Coffe Warehouse
How can the same S*** happens to the same guy ----- twice

John McClane
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

skummel wrote:Suggestion for new industries if max is not reach
Thanks for the suggestions. Not sure when I get chance to work on the Industries again. I keeping a list of suggestions so that when I do work on it again shall see what I can add.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

GarryG wrote: 06 Oct 2019 21:46
Hi! I'm making an NRT mod that includes utilities and metro lines. What's the cargotype label for parcels? Is it still

Code: Select all

PCL_
?
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Gadg8eer wrote: 16 Feb 2020 20:46 Hi! I'm making an NRT mod that includes utilities and metro lines. What's the cargotype label for parcels? Is it still Code: Select all

PCL_
Yes still using that code.
Soot Happens
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

GarryG wrote: 17 Feb 2020 00:24
Gadg8eer wrote: 16 Feb 2020 20:46 Hi! I'm making an NRT mod that includes utilities and metro lines. What's the cargotype label for parcels? Is it still Code: Select all

PCL_
Yes still using that code.
Thanks! Keep up the good work, but more importantly, stay healthy.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.

Return to “Graphics Development”