Wired

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Wired

Post by SimYouLater »

Can you please explain this section of code?

Code: Select all

#define IMAGEFILE1  "tele_gui.png"
#define IMAGEFILE2  "crossing1.png"

spriteset(tele_level_crossings_open)
{
  level_crossings_railway_template(2, 349, IMAGEFILE1)
  level_crossings_1_template(10, 133, IMAGEFILE2)
}
The nml compiler doesn't like it for some reason, so until I know what's wrong, I can't add WIRED to the Recycled Infrastructure Set.

Thanks in advance, I'll make sure to credit you!

EDIT:

I had to copy and paste a few image directories in the code because I couldn't get the #define to work.

Now the issue is one that makes no sense...

Code: Select all

default:	    	[b]gui_phone_graphic_switch[/b];
This appears nowhere else in the source you provided, and it's bringing up an error because it can't find the identifier. Help, please?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Sorry, I lost my laptop with original sources :(
But you can browse https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/wired/repository and find appropriate older version.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

McZapkie wrote:Sorry, I lost my laptop with original sources :(
But you can browse https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/wired/repository and find appropriate older version.
Never mind, I've already dissected the source from the page you linked and am having issues you apparently don't remember how you solved.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
pies_1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pies_1 »

Hi McZapkie,
Have you considered rewriting this newgrf as a roadtype, instead of a railtype, as it now possible as of 1.10? This would allow the opposite facing carriers to pass each other without the need for branching and signaling. I think it would greatly improve the playability, especially in the case of complex interconnecting networks.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Good idea, it would resolve problems with crossings. On the other way, this newgrf was designed also to have some 'logic train' functionalities, in such case railroad types are needed.
Also it is not possible to make wires parallel to diagonal railroad.
Road types may work only for pure mail transport. Or electric power transport.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

pies_1 wrote: 01 Aug 2020 17:59 Hi McZapkie,
Have you considered rewriting this newgrf as a roadtype, instead of a railtype, as it now possible as of 1.10? This would allow the opposite facing carriers to pass each other without the need for branching and signaling. I think it would greatly improve the playability, especially in the case of complex interconnecting networks.
McZapkie wrote: 24 Sep 2020 20:10 Good idea, it would resolve problems with crossings. On the other way, this newgrf was designed also to have some 'logic train' functionalities, in such case railroad types are needed.
Also it is not possible to make wires parallel to diagonal railroad.
Road types may work only for pure mail transport. Or electric power transport.
Search for "Utility Roadtypes Set" on the in-game content downloader. :)
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EG0611 »

Hello,

May I ask what are the vehicle (Telegraph, Telex, 10Bit and 100Bit ethernet) availability years?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

EG0611 wrote: 09 Oct 2021 06:18 Hello,

May I ask what are the vehicle (Telegraph, Telex, 10Bit and 100Bit ethernet) availability years?
1837, 1933, 1993, 2010
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
TransshipmentEnvoy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TransshipmentEnvoy »

Wahazar wrote: 10 Feb 2019 18:41 Sorry, I lost my laptop with original sources :(
The link seems to be broken. Does anyone know where to download the latest source code for this newgrf?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

TransshipmentEnvoy wrote: 20 May 2023 14:44
Wahazar wrote: 10 Feb 2019 18:41 Sorry, I lost my laptop with original sources :(
The link seems to be broken. Does anyone know where to download the latest source code for this newgrf?
It doesn't appear to exist anywhere anymore. My suggestion would be to take the last binary from Wired and decompile it using YAGL if you want to make modifications to it.
Revenge_of_KioTheDev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Revenge_of_KioTheDev »

kamnet wrote: 20 May 2023 15:59
TransshipmentEnvoy wrote: 20 May 2023 14:44
It doesn't appear to exist anywhere anymore. My suggestion would be to take the last binary from Wired and decompile it using YAGL if you want to make modifications to it.
licensed as gpl v2 so i upload hope this okay plz dont ban me just pm to let me know if not okay and remove file

Edit:
kamnet wrote: 09 Jun 2023 08:00 Subject: Wired
Revenge_of_KioTheDev wrote: 09 Jun 2023 07:33 licensed as gpl v2 so i upload hope this okay plz dont ban me just pm to let me know if not okay and remove file
Just FYI, because it is under a GPLv2 license, everything is okay. And, in this case, most wanted.
Okay thanks good to know I did right this time

Sorry for my english
Attachments
wired-286285dd9df6.zip
downloaded long time ago dont remember where or when, plz just remove if not okay
(216.82 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

Return to “Graphics Development”