Wired

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Wired

Post by GarryG »

McZapkie wrote:Version 0.6 was uploaded to Bananas.
Version 0.6 is really good. If want me to change the test track to this version for those who visit this site let me know.

Just an idea for the trackbed. Not sure if idea be easy, but rather then have lines or dirt representing this, what about just showing sleepers where track was laid and the rails have being removed or before the rails are to be laid?
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
tlpwka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tlpwka »

Nice one!
P.S.: There is minor problem in compatibility with Metrotrack Set or NuTracks 2 r247. If Wired placed before these newgrfs and loaded in existing game, that change type of existing tracks (like metro track become usual electric tracks).
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

GarryG wrote:rather then have lines or dirt representing this, what about just showing sleepers where track was laid
I would prefer mud tracks, because I want to allow tractor to ride on it.
tlpwka wrote:Nice one!
P.S.: There is minor problem in compatibility with Metrotrack Set or NuTracks 2 r247. If Wired placed before these newgrfs and loaded in existing game, that change type of existing tracks (like metro track become usual electric tracks).
Thank you for report. Probably it is something related with alternate maglev tracks, unfortunately I have very limited knowledge about railtype tables (let say, I dont understand them), maybe somebody can help and point, what I messed up?
Source is here:
http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/wir ... track.pnml
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

McZapkie wrote:I want to allow tractor to ride on it
That not a bad idea .. make it look as if the tractor is either preparing the surface for laying tracs, or ripping them up.
McZapkie wrote:There is minor problem in compatibility with Metrotrack Set or NuTracks 2 r247
I use NuTracks 2 r247 too, and found if Wired loaded after the other track file seems to work fine. Maybe just the order they are loaded makes the difference.

Found if have saved game and click to upgrade Wired version 0.6 not work properly. In Set Parameters do not give you access to Road Level Crossing and Unused Tracks. Actually need to delete the old version first, and than add the new version to have full access to the new Parameters.
Soot Happens
tlpwka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tlpwka »

GarryG wrote: I use NuTracks 2 r247 too, and found if Wired loaded after the other track file seems to work fine. Maybe just the order they are loaded makes the difference.
Yes that work
McZapkie wrote: Thank you for report. Probably it is something related with alternate maglev tracks
Maybe for now just add a warning if wired loaded before that sets with information about loading it after.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Just up dated the test game with Wired version 6. Please find a copy here.

I've changed the parameters so that can use Telegrams and Telex as well as allow the wires to cross roads and the use of Unused Tracks.

It includes previous test tracks plus a new one connecting 2 of the towns. The Wires on left side uses Telex and the Wires on other side of tracks uses Telegrams.

Freight trains operate between the Forest and Sawmill, and passenger trains on main line have priority at the junction.

If anyone like to add their versions of test tracks and up loaded it for us all to see and get some ideas please do.
Attachments
Test Track with Wired version 6.sav
Test Track with Wired version 6
(26.32 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Soot Happens
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

keeps crashing out ,using nightly r27352.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

GarryG wrote:Just up dated the test game with Wired version 6. Please find a copy here.
I've updated the test track to include some other McZapkie projects.

These include: Logging Camp, Pre-industrial era houses, Wired: telecommunication wires and fast information carriers, Better Bridges, Polroad, PolTrams v5570.

The 2 rail networks have a some nuisance trains running around. Mainly to show that they give way to priority trains at stations and junctions.

The Pre-Industrial era houses allows coal to be delivered to houses to keep the people warm in winter and for cooking.

Enjoy
Attachments
Test Track with Wired version 6.sav
Test Track with McZapkie Projects
(54.38 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Soot Happens
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version (0.7) with updated translations is available on-line (download link in first post).
Added special vehicle (farm tractor) for 'unused track'.
It can be used both for eye candy reasons, as slow logic train (if you need delayed information relay) or like any other commercial vehicle with farm trailers attached.

Here is example of tractor (this tiny blue thing) acting as temporary lock of freight track, when passenger train is visiting depot
(without passenger train, tractor is going back and forth, if passenger train enter depo, tractor have chance to be detoured to longer branch which lock entry for freight trains:
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

The Wired is one of my favourite NewGRFs. I use it in all of my newgames. Here I have some questions and ideas:

1. Can you disable the train horn?
For me this is very important. The noise of the horn is annoying, mostly in the "e-mail age", because the e-mail are rapid and sounds all the time. (I say that with well-intentioned)

2. Can the depot update automatic after the end of ¨telegraph age¨ from a wooden building to a brick/concrete building?
Its too strange to have a wooden depot after 1930 for example.

3. The diesel tractor is a nice idea for the trackbeds and it´s nice as a hi-rail vehicle in the rails too. You can update it after 2000 with more powerful engine but with the same look, or replace it with a tractor from the HEQS "Heavy Equipment". A hi-rail version of the Super Speedytrac (slower than the normal) maybe is a good idea. An other idea is to do the tractor-trailer suitable for all kind of cargos.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Ouch, these horns are indeed annoying, my computer is defy (broken sound drivers) therefore I didn't realise about.

I'm trying to figure, how to change sounds, nml sound_effect property is not valid for trains.
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

McZapkie wrote:Ouch, these horns are indeed annoying, my computer is defy (broken sound drivers) therefore I didn't realise about.

I'm trying to figure, how to change sounds, nml sound_effect property is not valid for trains.

The sounds of the new Wired 0.8 set its sounds nice and do the set more realistic, but the new sounds is continuous and if there are lot of wires in the map, the sound is every where and you can't hear anything except that. Anyway, for me this is one of the most important updates for the telecommunications. Thanks and go on !

Here a is screenshot with a partly underground wires and an internet cafe !
Attachments
Screenshot-1.png
(310.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

Attachments
Screenshot-1.png
Last edited by railman on 13 Nov 2015 01:17, edited 5 times in total.
railman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railman »

McZapkie wrote:Ouch, these horns are indeed annoying, my computer is defy (broken sound drivers) therefore I didn't realise about.

The sounds of the new Wired 0.8 set its sounds nice and do the set more realistic, but the new sounds is continuous and if there are lot of wires in the map, the sound is every where and you can't hear anything except that. Anyway, for me this is one of the most important updates for the telecommunications. Thanks and go on !

Here a is screenshot with a partly underground wires and an internet café !
Attachments
Screenshot-1.png
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version 1.0: wires have now x2 zoom sprites, so it looks much less obtrusive. Each catenary newgrf should have such detailed sprites :)
agentw4b
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by agentw4b »

McZapkie wrote:New version 1.0: wires have now x2 zoom sprites, so it looks much less obtrusive. Each catenary newgrf should have such detailed sprites :)

The tcp / ip duration of 10 years is very short
Owner and admin of servers with names "Experimental games" .
My heightmaps: Flat Earth Map and United nations logo
My scenarios: Game Fallout 1,2,3 Map scenario
My gamescripts: City Founder GS
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

That extra zoomlevel is indeed very nice!

But there seems to be something not completely right in normal zoom:
Example389.png
Example389.png (82.11 KiB) Viewed 5755 times
It looks like the wires dont connect nicely in the middle, its almost not noticeable though when there is grass under it, so maybe not too important... ;-)

Also, it seems to add a lot of green pixels on groundlevel... (also almost not noticeable when the grass is there)
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Quast65 wrote:But there seems to be something not completely right in normal zoom... It looks like the wires dont connect nicely in the middle, its almost not noticeable though when there is grass under it, so maybe not too important... ;-)
Thank for spotting this glitch, I was focused on 2x sprites and overlook this. I will fix it in next release.
Few green points on ground are for marking track, there are two "debug-like" reasons: to see track reservation (if you have such option turned on) and to see where track is placed (sometimes catenary is not drawn in case of short junctions).
agentw4b wrote: The tcp / ip duration of 10 years is very short
So how old is your computer set? ;-)
Current technology, according to Moore's law, have very low lifespan.
But more seriously - tracks are cheap, "vehicles" are very fast - they are "money printers", therefore short life is attempt to balance this.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Version 1.1 uploaded. Wires glitch fixed, some more bright pixels added to tracked (unpaved road) to make it visible on bare ground. Resoled track order conflict with 600 narrow gauge track.
Korean translation added.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

McZapkie wrote:Version 1.1 uploaded. Wires glitch fixed, some more bright pixels added to tracked (unpaved road) to make it visible on bare ground. Resoled track order conflict with 600 narrow gauge track.
Korean translation added.
Can I have a copy of v0.7? I don't like the x2 zoom and would like to use the latest version from before it was added. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Found 0.9 in my content_download folder. Sorry about that!
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

Return to “Graphics Development”