SPI -Stockpiled Industries - Development thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Auge
Director
Director

Re: SPI -Stockpiled Industries - Development thread

Post by Auge »

Hello
3iff wrote: Has anyone found any other bugs? Report them now so I can fix them before I do the update.
I' not on my home computer, so I can report bugs only without details. Some industries claims to take passengers and the different supplies to push the production. Some claims to use the supplies as the crew "… supplies (crew)". If I deliver passengers to industries that acceppts them, they are not "processed".

I can give you more details, when I'm on my computer (today (2016-08-31) at evening (CEST)).

Tschö, Auge
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Thanks, but that's the bug I've found/reported in the previous post. It cropped up because I rarely use crew and ENSP is a recent re-addition. I also had ENSP as cargo 1 when it should be cargo 2 (when crew is also active).

It was most surprising when I delivered passengers to a coal mine and they were refused!

That issue should now be fixed. I'll post an update soon, probably Friday.

------------------

The update will appear shortly. Check the releases thread for details and it'll be at Bananas in the next few hours.
d0mi3l
Engineer
Engineer

Post by d0mi3l »

Hi. In SPI v.1.32 I found this:
Attachments
EuroCity, 1704-12-23.png
(625.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

I don't remember seeing this effect. I'll check it out but it's probably not relevant in the current version which is around 1.3...
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Ah, I never use snow...Thanks for the spot. I'll amend the file accordingly.
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

Would be nice to have Russian translation. And petrol for cities. Thank you.
I like trains. They are soothing.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

I've got rid of petrol for now... I might be able to re-add it.

As for translations, I'm happy to include alternative language files but I have no formal method to do this. If translators wish to translate the existing lang file then I'll be happy to include it in the next release. You can drop the translated files here if you wish. The current version is very close to the v1.3 release (maybe 2-3 differences?).

Next time I'm online I'll drop off the latest lang file.
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

I like trains. They are soothing.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
3iff wrote:Next time I'm online I'll drop off the latest lang file.
Did you drop the file meanwhile?

Tschö, Auge
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Apparently not. Unfortunately the file isn't to hand. I'll make a note to get it on my flash drive and drop it off here...it'll be a couple of weeks though.
I'm only intermittently on the net at the moment...
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

I have the current English language file. It 'should' be compatible with the last release...

If anyone does a translation, just post it here and I'll collect them whenever I'm online.
Attachments
spienglish540.lng
(36.07 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

For some reason, I didn't know that this set existed until yesterday... Very nice set you have here :)

Since I already translated FIRS into Hungarian, I had a go at translating this one as well, using the file you provided:
spihungarian540.lng
(44.52 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
I also noticed a few things:

The string STR_EXTRA_BULK_TERMINALC seems wrong: "Exports building food, textiles and alcohol, [...]". I think you meant "Exports food, goods and alcohol". I does not seem randomized, at least not in the farm-based economy.
Also, STR_ALT_PRODUCTION_HALF: "8 products per 10 raw materials per cycle". I think the correct should be "8 products per 20 raw materials per cycle", at least if this mode is indeed half the production compared to the other one...
STR_IND_WOODLAND and STR_STATION_WOODLAND: where do they appear? For the time being, I assumed that they are the same as the default Forest. But I'll have to correct the translation if that's not the case.

In the metal-based economy, the only producer of Farm Supplies seems to be the Smithy Forge. And if it's anything like FIRS, the Smithy Forge is only available in the very early years, so there's none available even in 1950. Is this intended?

Anyway, good job on this industry set :) I'm also glad that my AI was useful in testing it ;) Good to know that my AI supports it out of the box...
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Thanks. I'll add that. Unfortunately I've just added another section but I won't be in a position to release it for a while...

STR_EXTRA_BULK_TERMINALC - I'll check this. It's almost never used and I haven't really tried it recently.

STR_ALT_PRODUCTION_HALF: - The idea behind this is that normal production is 16 products from 20 raw materials. Half is as it says, 8 from 10. The 'half' arrives from being half as fast, so in a month you would get 64 products instead of 128 at 'normal production'. It might be that the wording is awkward...it's really slower production but at the same conversion rate.

WOODLAND - only appears if mines can run out of raw materials. This provides an extra forest-like industry but is there to clear terrain only. They can't be built by the player. Hopefully that info is in one of the document files...

The Smithy Forge is as you say, but I realised the problem you mentioned. I've now extended the available date to 2000 and may remove the close date completely.

Thanks for the bugs and glad you like it.
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

Well, I didn't even think of STR_ALT_PRODUCTION_HALF being half the speed and not half the efficiency :)
So I corrected that one in my translation, and also added some better translation for the Woodland.
spihungarian540.lng
(44.54 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
In my opinion, I think it would be best to remove the close date of the Smithy Forge completely, or alternatively, add some industry that is capable of producing Farm Supplies at any time.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Yes, I will remove the smithy closedown completely.

I'm sending you a private message...

Oh, the latest English file is here should anyone else want to do a translation. Hopefully I won't be changing it again (for a while, anyway).
Attachments
SPIenglish545.lng
(37.05 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Found a bug in 1.32 - Quarry shows it accepts passengers, but it doesn't. I'm confirming the following report: https://www.reddit.com/r/openttd/commen ... requiring/
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

As I've just told Kamnet, I'll have a look at this. It should be easy to fix (famous last words!) and I'll try and post a new grf here soon. Limited internet access so it'll be a week at least.

Rereading the original reddit post, it seems the guy has cargodist on. It 'might' be that the passengers want to go elsewhere so are using the quarry as a waystation. I've no idea how passengers might want to go to a quarry with cargodist on. I've never tried cargodist and manpower together so I have no idea whether passengers can choose to go to an industry as manpower...

Well that'll be my afternoon taken up with the investigations!
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

Hello,

I like to play on huge maps, and I notice something that could be improved.
Not sure if the NewGRF can do this, or if the main OTTD program should be improved.

When I generate the map, I ask "very low" industries.
So I have only one industry of each type.

On small maps, after a few years, some industries open, and I can start connecting some.

But on huge maps (2048x2048 or more) dozen industries open each month.
After a decade, the map is completely covered with industries and all is messed up.

May the program should open industries according the initial setting :

Very low : max number of each industry is 1/10 the count of cities
Low : max number of each industry is 1/5 the count of cities
Normal : max number of each industry is 1/2 the count of cities
High : max number of each industry is 1x the count of cities
Very High : max number of each industry is 2x the count of cities

Is that possible to implement something like this ?
sevenfm
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sevenfm »

@MagicBuzz
Newgrf has no access to number of towns, only map size.
What you want can be achieved with a industry limiting script like Think globally, act locally or some others.

Return to “Graphics Development”