Graphics without .nfo files [needs coders!]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

Purno wrote:
Bernhard wrote:
Purno wrote:/me proudly presents:

TGV Atlantique

:bow: Can somebody please code it, this train is so great! :bow:
is it done?
What is done? Graphics are done, coding needs to be done.
Bernhard wrote:Purno. please look here: http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/graphid.php?id=98
Hey! :D Good work! (Ehmm... why is my name in capitals and Lakie's name not?)
write error (korrect words?) , has no reason. i'm sorry
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Bernhard wrote: korrect words?
Ehmm.... it's correct (with a C) :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

Szappy wrote: Well... it's up to me to decide... And I think real speed is perfect, no unbalancing. Just because it's hungarian, it shouldn't outrun a TGV ;)
Well, OK, I didn't mean that. Maybe 120 km/h would be better, because the BVhmot would look the same and it reaches 120...Hm?

Oh, and:
Oh, my god, it looks perfect!!!
Gyönyörű!!!!!!!
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Okay, this graphics doesn't look that good, but that's probably because there are not much red colors in the TT-palette :?

(Picture)
Attachments
DB Cargo Sprinter
DB Cargo Sprinter
DB Cargo Sprinter.png (6.35 KiB) Viewed 2612 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

my idea 8) :roll: 8)

looks nice tho! :D

thanks purno :D!

I saw that trian in my marklin catalogue. 2003/2004

and I thought, wouldend it be cool to place it in TTD ?? *somewhere* guess somewhere in the DB set?

however, I have <no> info about the specs of the train. all I know is that it is used for moving containers of cargo :)

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

You could add another loading stage to it...

Anyways, good as normal.
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

Hi Purno!
What do you think about this?
Real TTD Screenshot!!!!
[/img]
How must it look right?
Engine, 'first waggon', 8 * 'second waggons', Engine?[/img]

I had not much time yesterday, so i am not ready....
Attachments
TGV_Atlantique.jpg
TGV_Atlantique.jpg (424.81 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
CZAR ALEKSANDER
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

I like what I see great work

Post by CZAR ALEKSANDER »

hello Bernhard:

this picture of the TGV Atlantique is great looking how soon will the a playable gif for the game please leet me know

thank you

Czar Aleksander

THANK YOU I will wait until next Monday but I will get it when I return from
England in two weeks ok Bernhard.

thank's
Czar Aleksander
Last edited by CZAR ALEKSANDER on 26 Aug 2004 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

i've got not very much time at the moment (family...)
I think you must wait until monday.........sorry.
But i took so much time from drawing till now... i guess you can wait???
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Bernhard wrote:How must it look right?
Engine, 'first waggon', 8 * 'second waggons', Engine?
IIRC, I included an consist in the png file.
IIRC, it was the way you said in the post:
Engine, 'first waggon', 8 normal waggons, 'second waggon', Engine

BTW, thanks a lot :bow:
Image Image
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

ok. i try to finish soon

thanks for drawing!
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Any progress on the TGV?
I made a SAR class 26 "Red Devil" 4-8-4 steamer
Attachments
SAR_class_26.png
SAR_class_26.png (5.04 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

no, sorry.
It's a hard job to understand the coding.
And it seems to me that the people, who knows how to do it don't want to help others too much.
The TGV is running, but i have to add more 'waggons'.
Yesterday i spent two hours to adjust all parts of the TGV in all directions on the railway, then i started to try the coding.
Unfortunately stopps TTD working if the code is too wrong, so after the 3 'blue-screens' i gave up for the moment.

I will try again tomorrow
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I guess I'm back :D
Attachments
TGV Duplex
TGV Duplex
TGV Duplex.png (10.07 KiB) Viewed 2401 times
Image Image
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Purno,

Think an old timer like me could try to code that for you? ;)
Need some stats though. :lol:

[edit] Which reminds me, been sitting on a grf for a train of yours for a while

[edit #2] I have decided to code the TGV Duplex to keep my skills up, I won't release them unless you agree.
Been sitting on the bm73 both versions. (red and blue). I'll code the above first, then plan a release of it / them with you.
Also if you need any help Benhard just ask, and I'll quite happily add it to my list of to code / fix.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Bernhard
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Bernhard »

hi Lakie,
that can't be toooo hard for you ;-)

if you don't have time i would try............ i think i can code those trains now.

(i'm on work with some other types of S-Bahn, but i think i will finish soon, because i got so much help from you, thx again!!!))
Yellow Cab
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yellow Cab »

Hi Purno,

Your TGV Duplex is great, but there's one thing I do not agree with: it's nose seems to be too 'steep' (?). Last week I went to France by Thalys (OT: that's also the reason I haven't been working on my NS 1000), and have seen many Duplex TGV's. In fact the motorcars are the same as the normal TGV's. It's hard to explain, so I'll try with a picture:

I don't know if this makes it clear, but I can't find another way to explain it. I now see also that I've drawn an 'older' kind of TGV Atlantique. I don't know the names for TGV, but for Thalys it's PBKA (the rounder, newer kind) and PBA (the edgy ones, also used for the red TGV's and the TGV's of La Poste, the yellow ones). Both types are used for TGV Duplex too.

Yellow Cab
Can someone bring me a new pixel? This one 's dead.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Bernhard wrote:hi Lakie,
that can't be toooo hard for you ;-)

if you don't have time i would try............ i think i can code those trains now.

(i'm on work with some other types of S-Bahn, but i think i will finish soon, because i got so much help from you, thx again!!!))
You wish, I can code this, will be simple enough (I'm not completely out of practise).

nice for the offer though.
Hows the progress with the TGV Atlantique ? :P

Whats a S-Bahn ?

~ Lakie
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Yellow Cab wrote:Hi Purno,

Your TGV Duplex is great, but there's one thing I do not agree with: it's nose seems to be too 'steep' (?). Last week I went to France by Thalys (OT: that's also the reason I haven't been working on my NS 1000), and have seen many Duplex TGV's. In fact the motorcars are the same as the normal TGV's. It's hard to explain, so I'll try with a picture:

I don't know if this makes it clear, but I can't find another way to explain it. I now see also that I've drawn an 'older' kind of TGV Atlantique. I don't know the names for TGV, but for Thalys it's PBKA (the rounder, newer kind) and PBA (the edgy ones, also used for the red TGV's and the TGV's of La Poste, the yellow ones). Both types are used for TGV Duplex too.

Yellow Cab
Ok, then the train I drew probably isn't called "TGV Duplex" :mrgreen:

(see attachment)
Attachments
TGV
TGV
228Bellechaume.jpg (149.34 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Image Image
Yellow Cab
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Yellow Cab »

Purno wrote: Ok, then the train I drew probably isn't called "TGV Duplex" :mrgreen:
It sure is! One of the newer kind (don't know the name, for Thalys it is PBKA). And as you can see the front of the motorcar isn't steeper than that of a 'non-Duplex' TGV, however that's quite hard in this perspective. In fact is what I'm trying to explain: the Duplex TGV's only have new coaches, the motorcars are identical to normal TGV Atlantique's.

I know it's quite hard to get this clear. The only way to explain it brighter is to get yourself on a train to Paris as fast as possible. So, Purno, may I advice you? :lol:

Yellow Cab
Last edited by Yellow Cab on 03 Nov 2004 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
Can someone bring me a new pixel? This one 's dead.

Return to “Graphics Development”