Graphics without .nfo files [needs coders!]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

Hm, or he does a scandinavian set? We have many DSB and VR and ... trains now :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Endre wrote:Maybe we could create a new set of these: Purnoset! :D
These are great drawings and there has already been suggested a "random"-like set.
Thx. But they can be released as individual sets too. Then you'll have some quick result, quickly some grfs released, and people can choose if they want to use a specific loco/emu/dmu.

But the only problem, I guess, are the IDs.

But a random set would be great too, but we need a coder. :cry:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Saskia wrote:Hm, or he does a scandinavian set? We have many DSB and VR and ... trains now :)
I thought MB did something like that already, or am I wrong? :?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

Yes, and MB also did a DB set, and we're both doing new stations :wink:

(And, additionally, I think MB's vehicle selection method is ... not so good. And some vehicles just don't look similar to their originals.)
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

Purno wrote:Szappy, I want to thank you for coding my fence.

Here's some Hungarian train I found at the European Railway Server. I hope you like it.
Thank you :D
I hope someone will code it, 'cause I can't code vehicles.

BTW as you have noticed I was away for two weeks, because I had my eyes corrected by laser.
(Which means I haven't done anything in the last weeks either :? )
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Errr Saskia..MB's set doesn't have VR's Trains if im correct. Atm Finnish Set only got VR's trains..
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

That doesn't matter, he does a scandinavian set, and purno should do one, too (after eurocargo) :wink: I don't know, why MB only included SJ, NSB, DSB and MTAB vehicles, and no VR ones ...
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Yes indeed...but Finnish Train set will fix this mistake :P
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

Szappy wrote: BTW as you have noticed I was away for two weeks, because I had my eyes corrected by laser.
Welcome back! :mrgreen:
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Szappy wrote:
Purno wrote:Szappy, I want to thank you for coding my fence.

Here's some Hungarian train I found at the European Railway Server. I hope you like it.
Thank you :D
I hope someone will code it, 'cause I can't code vehicles.

BTW as you have noticed I was away for two weeks, because I had my eyes corrected by laser.
SZAPPY!!!! Welcome back! :D
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I've some time and nothing to do, what shall I draw?
Image Image
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Planes, Purno, planes....
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

krtaylor wrote:Planes, Purno, planes....
:roll: :? :|

Do you have an easy one? Something cubic :mrgreen:
Image Image
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I need to learn some .nfo code (Wagon override)

Could you draw a train, a carrage, and mail van (same style)

then I can have a go at wagon override

(Wanted some graphics for testing code anyway...)

they are cubic, need a spec?
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Purno wrote:

Take a look at the link in my sig. I don't think you'll find very many planes that are exactly cubic, but there's 30 or so to choose from. It's a challenge, and an opportunity to hone your graphics skills!
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

krtaylor wrote:
Purno wrote:

Take a look at the link in my sig. I don't think you'll find very many planes that are exactly cubic, but there's 30 or so to choose from. It's a challenge, and an opportunity to hone your graphics skills!
Look at planeset topic :oops:
Image Image
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I think I'll use the Czech EMU 680 graphics you made if you don't mind...

hopefully he won't, better wait for a reply first though.
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Lakie wrote:I think I'll use the Czech EMU 680 graphics you made if you don't mind...
I don't mind, go ahead, I would love to see that train in a GRF.
Lakie wrote:hopefully he won't, better wait for a reply first though.
always ask, I would like to know if people want to use my graphics, but if you didn't ask and just came up with a GRF, I would mind either.
Image Image
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Purno,

What speed / power should it have? (Spec for engine)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Lakie wrote:Purno,

What speed / power should it have? (Spec for engine)
Ehmmm..... :? ..... I don't know, I just saw a picture and I drew it. Mabye someone from the Czech Republic knows.....
Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”