Graphics without .nfo files [needs coders!]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

A LOT has been posted here resontly :shock:

I might have a go at coding one or two...
Or I might do my homework. :x

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Lakie, don't look here :p

Edit: Added the wood stake car
Attachments
Damn, I'm working fast today, I bet I can finish a small cargo set's graphics by tomorrow
Damn, I'm working fast today, I bet I can finish a small cargo set's graphics by tomorrow
Large_Passenger_wagon.PNG (9.18 KiB) Viewed 4362 times
Wood_car.png
Wood_car.png (2.88 KiB) Viewed 4343 times
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

I made graphics for the hopper wagon with iron ore for both sizes, as well as the stake car with steel pipes
I also edited a few of the graphics, here's a png file with all my cargo creations
Edit: Added yellow and black tank as well as a livestock van
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Tanker misses shading, and A LOT of nice extra features you could include
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Well, I did say it was undetailed/imcomplete a few posts back

Here's a station I made, a few parts of it were made by Purno
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

I might take on the station at the weekend, been looking for a chance to look into how to code them ;)

I 'might' also code that LARGE set of cargo graphics. (probably parts of it anyway), but I wouldn't expect anything soon :P

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Bah, I decided to make all the wagons of the same size
Everything holds 20 units of something, except the passenger van which holds 30 passengers and the mail van which holds 20 bags of mail
Attachments
Wagons.PNG
Wagons.PNG (15.84 KiB) Viewed 4173 times
squishycube
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by squishycube »

I believe 20 is the same as 20
(referring to you saying the mail van had a different capacity as well as the passenger carriage.)
I heard the stories that they tell of how they labored for this company which sold it's soul to hell

It's my alter ego in my avatar, not me!
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

Well, im just making sure the coder doesn't code the mail van to hold 20tons of mail, it wouldn't be right :p
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

I feel its time to start coding now, haven't done anything since reading the wiki and making experimental trains (I'm hopeless at graphics). I don't want to work on the large sets, so I would be happy to do some coding here. I'll start posting soon. Is there a list of available vehicle ID's somewhere?
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Well, there's http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=VehicleIDs

If you're making single-vehicle sets (or sets with only a few vehicles), you should also implement variable vehicle IDs, see http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... eVehicleID
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

Well, I was thinking more of the DBSet and USSet. Not too many people use the default graphics (and those who do won't use these).

Well, after posting I remembered Purno's topic on that, and wrote those action6's . But I still need a 'Default' ID.

I tried to do the mail wagon above in singaporekids post, but NFOeditor is being very buggish, and refuses to save the nfo properly. And then when I open the grf in wingrf, the colors are all yellow/pink (pallette issues) and most of the wagons (nfoeditor makes them almost all of them 16*8 ) are cut off. Then in the game, the wagon is invisible. absolutely transparent (and it seems to use VehID 01, somehow). Could someone please help me?
Attachments
singaporekid_wagonsorig.grf
The little codeing I have seems to work, If I could fix these palette/NFOEditor issues, then I could do this properly. I used the above image->PCX@8 BBP.
(2.36 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Well,

I didn't state that I was coding all of the cargo wagons in a big set... :oops:
But, I am working on it...

If you want I can stop (But I will complete a version even if never released.) and let you try Spontaneus Combustion.
Sorry, haven't looked at the nfoeditor, I prefer to do it the old way, by hand.

~ Lakie
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Spontaneus Combustion wrote:And then when I open the grf in wingrf, the colors are all yellow/pink (pallette issues)
Make sure you're decoding WinTTD GRFs with "grfcodec -dp 2"
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Spontaneus Combustion wrote:Well, I was thinking more of the DBSet and USSet. Not too many people use the default graphics (and those who do won't use these).

Well, after posting I remembered Purno's topic on that, and wrote those action6's . But I still need a 'Default' ID.
As far as I know the next version of the DB Set XL will have no unused IDs at all. So you might as well pick a number out of a hat.
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

Lakie wrote:Well,

I didn't state that I was coding all of the cargo wagons in a big set... :oops:
But, I am working on it...

If you want I can stop (But I will complete a version even if never released.) and let you try Spontaneus Combustion.
No, go ahead. If I manage to get this working, I'll do something else.
DaleStan wrote: Make sure you're decoding WinTTD GRFs with "grfcodec -dp 2"
"-m 0" and "-m 1" make little difference. Nor do any of the "-p x" values. There is no -dp parameter as far as I am aware of.

Anyways, the wagon is completely invisible in TTD, whatever I do. Dunno what I did there.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Sounds like a problem fire87 had when he tried making the bm73 a grf a while back...

Interesting, I will have a look at it soon.

~ Lakie
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

WayOT:
Spontaneus Combustion wrote:
DaleStan wrote:Make sure you're decoding WinTTD GRFs with "grfcodec -dp 2"
"-m 0" and "-m 1" make little difference. Nor do any of the "-p x" values. There is no -dp parameter as far as I am aware of.
In GRFCodec, as with most programs that use the GNU command-line parsing system, "-dp X" expands to "-d -p X". Dale, being lazy, prefers to omit unnecessary characters.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Ok this is something new:
Terran battlecruiser(TTD palete)

I see that A LOT of moders just modify the bc(edits some parts of it)
i saw that in Shadow Of space and blizzard seems to alow that(as long if it's not being sold for money)

So i have used MPQ wiev and Retro GRP to extract the 8 main sprites so i'm now requesting someone to code it to have vertical landing and takeoff this thing must not have high speed(the one in starcraft will fit)
And make it carry decent amount of goods.
Availibilyti from 2070(or later)
Attachments
Spriteset.rar
A ttd palete compitable bmp spriteset
(16.14 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

You cannot intorduce anything after 2034.

Return to “Graphics Development”