Development of polroad set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Development of polroad set

Post by STD » 28 Dec 2017 11:53

McZapkie wrote:New version 4.2 was downloaded.

Thanks to Sojita contribution, a bunch of passenger cars is now available. I added also some buses, truck and universal vehicle UAZ, which can replace universal horse carriages.
Cars have low but non zero costs, to use it with Town Cars AI, setup this AI accordingly.

New option allow to define model life span: realistic, never expire or extended period of availability.
Thank you to your team for the work done :) I just wrote about all of their wishes for the development of this set. And now it's all there. The perfect gift. Thank you again :)
Polroad 42.png
(76.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I think now it is the turn to add new vans to this set. Then there will be more different types :wink: .
Another idea in my head there - you may want to add a few trolleybuses. And in the settings you can change will be the tram and trolleybus with contact line. This is likely should to add to the set of polish trams. Interesting to hear your opinion on this matter.
Do you still have the plans for the development set?
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

McZapkie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by McZapkie » 29 Dec 2017 17:17

Thank you STD for poster with all current polroad vehicles, looks impressive if compared with image from the original post :)

Time to make final release and prepare spreadsheet with information about all types functions and availability periods.
I want to add concept van Ursus:
it would be nice ending of this set, because first Polish van in 192x was also Ursus.
I consider also to add second branch of articulated city buses, because it is convenient to have alternative series of similar vehicles (to choose better reliability, or to assign to different routes/towns).
If speaking about trolleybuses, I would rather wait for road patch.............

STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD » 29 Dec 2017 17:25

I'll wait for further updates of the set that you plan to do :) And about the new roads - I hope the developers as soon as possible bring to mind new types of roads. I agree that then it will be possible to use both trolleybuses and trams. So better and more efficiently, just like in real life :) Just have to wait.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017

McZapkie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by McZapkie » 15 Jan 2018 23:43

Set is almost finished.
Ver. 44 have several bugfixes (mainly airdrag tweaking), Mercedes Sprinter van with trailer (in case when somebody need small capacity vehicle which, goes only via trough stops), long distance bus Fiat 666RN which fill gap between pre-war and post-war production, and Hanomag Straßen-Schnelltransporter, of course civilian post-war version. This road tractor can pull freight trailers, or can be refitted to the large passenger semitrailer:
and is useful as intermediate upgrade between horse carriages/steam tractors and modern semitrailers/articulated buses.
My experimental openTTD server: 149.156.194.203:3979 non-standard client, now testing: JGRPP http://tiny.pl/ggnch
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, preindustrial houses, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set.
Addicted to freeciv longturn.

Return to “Graphics Development”