Development of polroad set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Development of polroad set

Post by arikover »

Oops sorry.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I have here a proposal for the update polroad set - you can add several types of taxi in your set? :roll: I have another idea - add in a set of trolleybuses. How difficult is it for you to do?
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

It is not possible to introduce trolleybuses due to openttd limitation (it is possible to have 'fake' trolleybuses instead of trams, but I would prefer to keep Poltram project alive).
I already started to introduce 'taxi', see Fiat 508 'Balilla', which can carry 4 passengers, 1 crate of goods or 2 bag of mail - excellent tool for keeping high station rating, especially for small towns or suburbs if cargodist is enabled. In future I plan to add some successors (Warszawa, Polonez, FSO Lanos, Opel Astra)
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

You could throw in a switch to activate either trams or trolleybuses.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

McZapkie wrote:It is not possible to introduce trolleybuses due to openttd limitation (it is possible to have 'fake' trolleybuses instead of trams, but I would prefer to keep Poltram project alive).
I already started to introduce 'taxi', see Fiat 508 'Balilla', which can carry 4 passengers, 1 crate of goods or 2 bag of mail - excellent tool for keeping high station rating, especially for small towns or suburbs if cargodist is enabled. In future I plan to add some successors (Warszawa, Polonez, FSO Lanos, Opel Astra)
Waiting for the addition of new transport models in the set :D .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Meanwhile new version 32, with updated transslation, corrected minor bugs with beer and water capacity,
and new buses filling huge time gap: pre-war 'Bielany' produced on Chevrolet licence, and post-war imported Chausson APH47.
Uploaded to bananas.
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Awesometrains »

STD wrote:
McZapkie wrote:
Thanks for any support. First version has truck only because I've done some experiments with universal truck refits and it was easier to maintain truck only (and bus only grf exists also). Now it is almost finished and therefore I integrated it al together.
by the way, there is option to disable some groups of RVs.

Yeah, I saw this option. Do you still plan to add something to the set?
He might (assuming this is not dead)
Qa'pla!
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New 33 version is available on bananas service.
Besides new translations and milk capacity bug fixed, new Solaris Urbino 18 Metro Style bus was added. This articulated bus have similar parameters as standard U18 one, is much more expensive but thanks to the hybrid engine, have better acceleration and less operating costs.
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
luxtram
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by luxtram »

McZapkie wrote:New 33 version is available on bananas service.
Besides new translations and milk capacity bug fixed, new Solaris Urbino 18 Metro Style bus was added. This articulated bus have similar parameters as standard U18 one, is much more expensive but thanks to the hybrid engine, have better acceleration and less operating costs.
Does it take time to update to new version? As I still see the old version (5) there.

Edit: will probably take time, as it is listed here https://bananas.openttd.org/en , but not here https://bananas.openttd.org/en/newgrf/
California City Sets viewtopic.php?t=76786
1000 building set viewtopic.php?t=75250
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version is called Polroad, I have no edit access to old outdated Polish Road Set version.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New 34 version uploaded, tweaked some truck bulk capacity, urban bus comfort, added intercity Bova Futura coach.

PS. I recommend to use 'reduced passenger payment' newgrf for better balance, because urban buses have real capacity and therefore their revenue is much higher than trucks. You can also increase truck max load in this grf settings.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

McZapkie wrote:New 34 version uploaded, tweaked some truck bulk capacity, urban bus comfort, added intercity Bova Futura coach.

PS. I recommend to use 'reduced passenger payment' newgrf for better balance, because urban buses have real capacity and therefore their revenue is much higher than trucks. You can also increase truck max load in this grf settings.
Thanks for another new version Polroad set. I love to play with this set in the game :)) .
What are you planning to add? What ideas you want to implement?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

STD wrote: Thanks for another new version Polroad set. I love to play with this set in the game :)) .
Nice to see, that it is useful.

I have limited time by now, but I would like to draw small cars (luggage taxi) for 4...5 passengers or 1..2 bags of mail or crate of goods.
And line of non-articulated self-unloading bulk trucks.
Basically stuff for pumping station rating by using full load in station bay placed before pass-trough station - some sort of cheat maybe :)
But very useful in case of cargodist.

I want also to add some future concept buses, for example electric Urbino 24 bus:
http://infobus.pl/powstaje-solaris-urbi ... 38004.html
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

McZapkie wrote:
STD wrote: Thanks for another new version Polroad set. I love to play with this set in the game :)) .
Nice to see, that it is useful.

I have limited time by now, but I would like to draw small cars (luggage taxi) for 4...5 passengers or 1..2 bags of mail or crate of goods.
And line of non-articulated self-unloading bulk trucks.
Basically stuff for pumping station rating by using full load in station bay placed before pass-trough station - some sort of cheat maybe :)
But very useful in case of cargodist.

I want also to add some future concept buses, for example electric Urbino 24 bus:
http://infobus.pl/powstaje-solaris-urbi ... 38004.html
Looking forward to the updates set to the next version. Thanks for the great work on the set :)) .

Have one more wish for the development set. I suggest to add a few new cars as the set of Generic cars, but all cars from Poland. (one in each age, age - 20 years or less). I understand that you're busy. Maybe in the future you will want to implement this proposal. If not, then not.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version 36 uploaded, with updated translations and minor graphic glithes fixed,
new feature: reduced running costs if vehicle is standing in depot (usable only in case of vehicle timetable patch),
new vehicles family: dumper trucks (skippers) - non-articulated, with fairly large (in comparison to general trucks) bulk capacity.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

McZapkie wrote:New version 36 uploaded, with updated translations and minor graphic glithes fixed,
new feature: reduced running costs if vehicle is standing in depot (usable only in case of vehicle timetable patch),
new vehicles family: dumper trucks (skippers) - non-articulated, with fairly large (in comparison to general trucks) bulk capacity.
Thank you for the update set. Excellent work, McZapkie. Well done :)) .
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

McZapkie awesome work :)

Any chance you could upload the source code?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Updated version 3.8: bulk cargo palettes compatible with FIRS 3, added Jelcz315 with trailer (predecessor of MAN TGA container truck).
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version 4.2 was downloaded.

Thanks to Sojita contribution, a bunch of passenger cars is now available. I added also some buses, truck and universal vehicle UAZ, which can replace universal horse carriages.
Cars have low but non zero costs, to use it with Town Cars AI, setup this AI accordingly.

New option allow to define model life span: realistic, never expire or extended period of availability.

Return to “Graphics Development”