Development of polroad set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Development of polroad set

Post by arikover »

I don't know if it's been reported, but there's a bug with the 'HCP first steam tractor': when refitting to 3 trailers, all trailers are drawn on top of each other (Just a glitch, not really a bug, because the vehicle works fine). With 1 or 2 trailers, trailers are drawn just fine.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Version 2.2 with some bugfixes (including above mentioned, thanks) and new translations, is available via online content.
Ordinary trucks are now initially refitted to GOODs, null passenger refit is available only for semitrailer trucks (it produce empty lorry without trailer).
Autoreplace should now works without problems, including horse carriage to trucks conversion.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by paulicus25 »

Hi

Currently have a problem with this set, version 5. Downloaded via Bananas.

I assume that this set has not been updated to match the current version of firs or equivalent. Vehicles only can be refitted to a small selection of cargoes.

For example Semi-Trailers can only be refitted to 8 cargoes. Tried against old and new versions of firs. Same error occurs.

Any suggestions? Anyone else have this problem?
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Wrong version, the current one is 22. I think you may be fell in the trap, the current version isn't Polish Road Set, its Polroad.
See image :wink:
Attachments
Clipboard011111.png
Clipboard011111.png (11.03 KiB) Viewed 5286 times
paulicus25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by paulicus25 »

Aha. This would explain things! Ta. Much appreciated. Hopefully this one works slightly better :).

Edit: Much better. Very impressive set. Now added to my regular roster of road vehicle sets!
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Glad that you like it and it is useful.
Maybe I should change name to something like 'Polroad - the new Polish Road Set', to indicate that it is nml continuation of old version created with use of Grfmaker (however most of all sprites was repainted and functionality/usage is much different)?

New 23 version with updated translations and some minor costs tweaks was uploaded to bananas service.
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

McZapkie wrote:Maybe I should change name
that is probably useless. the "old" version should simply not be available for download, if it is superceded by this one.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Eddi wrote:
McZapkie wrote:Maybe I should change name
that is probably useless. the "old" version should simply not be available for download, if it is superceded by this one.
If this new version is another entry in Bananas than the old version, then I suggest you set the maximum OpenTTD version for the old version to something very low (like 1.2 or so). People who need the NewGRF for a savegame will still be able to get hold of it, irrespective of OpenTTD version, but it won't be offered to people who don't need it.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

planetmaker wrote: If this new version is another entry in Bananas than the old version, then I suggest you set the maximum OpenTTD version for the old version to something very low (like 1.2 or so).
Unfortunately, this is new entry, because somebody else uploaded old version and I had no write permission.

By the way, new version (24) is available, with new buses (Setra and touristic double decker MAN) and defined sounds.

Some sounds are from 'freesounds' source, I'm not sure, how I should maintain licence - mixed one (GPL for all+CC Attribution for sounds) or common GPL is enough one?
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

I spotted another bug: The 'two horse heavy cartload', when refitted to Grain, can carry 10 units of cargo. When refitted to livestock, it can carry 40 units of cargo.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

arikover wrote:I spotted another bug: The 'two horse heavy cartload', when refitted to Grain, can carry 10 units of cargo. When refitted to livestock, it can carry 40 units of cargo.
It is not a bug, it is a feature - vehicle have fixed load in tons, not in pieces, livestock weight is much smaller than 1 t. (however it depend on industry set, I must fix it in future version, using cargo_unit_weight and additional limit to avoid excessive amount of light cargo),
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

McZapkie wrote:It is not a bug, it is a feature - vehicle have fixed load in tons, not in pieces, livestock weight is much smaller than 1 t. (however it depend on industry set, I must fix it in future version, using cargo_unit_weight and additional limit to avoid excessive amount of light cargo),
Come to think of it, it makes sense.
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

McZapkie wrote:livestock weight is much smaller than 1 t
If livestock is meaning chickens that makes sense, but have you ever weighed a fully grown cow?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Eddy Arfik wrote:
McZapkie wrote:livestock weight is much smaller than 1 t
If livestock is meaning chickens that makes sense, but have you ever weighed a fully grown cow?
Livestock weight in openttd is 3/16, probably pigs. Standard multilevel trailer takes about 200 pigs.

EDIT: I rewrote description of vehicles - hope it is more clear now. Important informations are depicted by gold colour:
newdesc.png
newdesc.png (5.41 KiB) Viewed 4875 times
In case of buses, comfort is literally cargo_age_period value. I want to change it to percentage value, where 100% = 185,
but not sure if % sign is allowed in lang file?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

i believe some trucks don t have the right alignment with their trailer...and even the wheels of the "truck" don t seems totally right, also it seems to drive too much in the center on two view.

On the screenie is the volvo FH13 from Polroad 23.
Attachments
Polska Rail, 19 Avr 2019.png
the truck drive over the "middle lane" on two view here, and you can see misalignement of trailers
(155.38 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Basically all sprite offset may be wrong, because I just guessed them - I don't know exactly, how 90 and 180deg turns algorithm works.
I need to put much more effort on this in future.

Meanwhile, new 2.8 version is available online.
Vehicle description was simplified and is more readable. Important values are emphasises in gold colour.
Maximum load is using built in function 'cargo_unit_weight', which solve problems with different weight of same cargo
(for example, LVST is 0.3t/piece - probably pigs, but almost 1t - probably cows, in case of ECS).
Some new vehicles were added - Ikarus 620 bus (with courtesy of Collossus), Jelcz-Berliet bus and Fiat 508 'Balilla' taxi.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

2.9 hotfix was uploaded to bananas - new translations, fixed bug with light commercial vehicles capacity,
removed custom sounds due to some weird bugs (only build-in sounds are played on start now).
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Hotfix 3.1 was uploaded - corrected serious bug with wrong capacities of lvst and ensp,
Zubr and Jelcz semitrailers are back (their code was accidentally commented out).
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Just spotted a bug (or at least an inconsistency):

Ursus-A cargo van can only transport 1 bag of mail instead of the 16 advertised (using version 3.1)
*edit* Same problem with Polski Fiat 621L. So maybe it's to be expected with other models too...
Is it a normal behaviour?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

It was a bug, and was correct for version 3.1.

Return to “Graphics Development”