Development of polroad set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Development of polroad set

Post by STD »

McZapkie wrote:New version 4.2 was downloaded.

Thanks to Sojita contribution, a bunch of passenger cars is now available. I added also some buses, truck and universal vehicle UAZ, which can replace universal horse carriages.
Cars have low but non zero costs, to use it with Town Cars AI, setup this AI accordingly.

New option allow to define model life span: realistic, never expire or extended period of availability.
Thank you to your team for the work done :) I just wrote about all of their wishes for the development of this set. And now it's all there. The perfect gift. Thank you again :)
Polroad 42.png
Polroad 42.png (76.88 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
I think now it is the turn to add new vans to this set. Then there will be more different types :wink: .
Another idea in my head there - you may want to add a few trolleybuses. And in the settings you can change will be the tram and trolleybus with contact line. This is likely should to add to the set of polish trams. Interesting to hear your opinion on this matter.
Do you still have the plans for the development set?
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Thank you STD for poster with all current polroad vehicles, looks impressive if compared with image from the original post :)

Time to make final release and prepare spreadsheet with information about all types functions and availability periods.
I want to add concept van Ursus:
it would be nice ending of this set, because first Polish van in 192x was also Ursus.
I consider also to add second branch of articulated city buses, because it is convenient to have alternative series of similar vehicles (to choose better reliability, or to assign to different routes/towns).
If speaking about trolleybuses, I would rather wait for road patch.............
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I'll wait for further updates of the set that you plan to do :) And about the new roads - I hope the developers as soon as possible bring to mind new types of roads. I agree that then it will be possible to use both trolleybuses and trams. So better and more efficiently, just like in real life :) Just have to wait.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Set is almost finished.
Ver. 44 have several bugfixes (mainly airdrag tweaking), Mercedes Sprinter van with trailer (in case when somebody need small capacity vehicle which, goes only via trough stops), long distance bus Fiat 666RN which fill gap between pre-war and post-war production, and Hanomag Straßen-Schnelltransporter, of course civilian post-war version. This road tractor can pull freight trailers, or can be refitted to the large passenger semitrailer:
and is useful as intermediate upgrade between horse carriages/steam tractors and modern semitrailers/articulated buses.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
openttdfan2020
Engineer
Engineer

Will any Citizen Vehicles appear?

Post by openttdfan2020 »

I just only saw the citizen cars as a passenger cars
but can you make citizen cars with zero price?
I love those cars! :bow:
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

There are two types of civilian cars: small ones, which carry nothing, with no cost, and larger ones, which can carry a little (and used as taxi in RL) - they need to be paid for (and they are convenient tool to increase station rating due to their speed).
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
openttdfan2020
Engineer
Engineer

Post by openttdfan2020 »

Can you name two types of them?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

openttdfan2020 wrote: 02 Nov 2020 04:34 Can you name two types of them?
For example Fiat 126 (0 capacity) and Fiat 125 (4 pax capacity).
openttdfan2020
Engineer
Engineer

Post by openttdfan2020 »

can you make Cap 0 and Running Cost 0 Vehicles.

List of Cars
Mercedes-Benz 300 D (1976–1986)
Mercedes-Benz 380 SE (1979-1991)
Mercedes-Benz 300 SE Lang (1961–1965)
Toyota Corolla (E80) (1983-1987)
Peugeot 505 (1979–1992)
BMW 5 Series (E28) (1981–1988)
BMW 5 Series (E12) (1972–1981)
BMW M1 (1978–1981)
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

New version 48 is available.
Added Honker SUV and some bugfixed, but most importantly, thanks to courtesy of Andrew350 and GarryG,
Polroad set is not equipped with own set of New Road Types:
ROAD (cobblestone default road)
OFFR (dirt road)
ASP0, ASP1 (asphalt slow/medium road)
HAUL (concrete slabs road)
ASP2 (asphalt fast road)
HWAY (asphalt freeway)

Why own road types? Because it allow me to make some restriction for some groups of vehicles.
For example, slow vehicles (horse carriages, farm tractors) are not allowed to go on HAUL, ASP2 HWAY.
On the contrary, heavy trailer trucks, bedny buses and intercity buses are not allowed to go on OFFR.
Main reason was to ensure that slow and fast vehicles will be not mixed.
Second reason is to divert incoming and outcoming traffic into separate stop bays.
For example, if same station is used for waiting full load trucks and tractor feeders, latter would be blocked by waiting trucks,
but if one bay is OFFR, it will be never occupied by waiting trucks - because is not accessible for them.

Polroad is compatible with AI (at least Roadrunner works fine, of course only cobblestone road is constructed).
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Development of PolRoad set

Post by Wahazar »

And fast roads have poles. So now newgrf name checks out :)
Attachments
polroad_nrt.png
polroad_nrt.png (872.96 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

This looks great! It's a nice and tidy alternative to other road type sets :D

Besides that, is there a reason you chose to use the label HAUL for the concrete slabs?
I think for concrete slabs there is the label CONC from Timberwolfs set, which would fit nicely as well, I think.

PS: That said, my SUV set will support your road types either way. I think both sets complement each other well :)
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Seriously, I had no idea which label should be applicable to concrete slab road, especially if it is 1930 concrete highway, like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... B_9%29.JPG
Where I can find list of used road types ID's ?
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

McZapkie wrote: 30 May 2021 17:23 Seriously, I had no idea which label should be applicable to concrete slab road, especially if it is 1930 concrete highway, like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... B_9%29.JPG
Where I can find list of used road types ID's ?
As far as I know, there is no repository or standardised scheme yet. I.e. Ufiby's U&Ratt uses SRD2 for concrete slabs and, as mentioned, Timberwolf uses CONC.

This is the list I support in my sets ...

Code: Select all

ROAD,
OFFR, SAND, /* country roads */
FORD, FRZN, IWAY, /* water ways */
HAUL, /* hauling road */
DIRT, GRAV, ASPT, HWAY, /* spool */
OLD_, SETT,  ASP0, ASP1, ASP2, /* ratt */
AUZB, AUZC, AUZD, AUZE, AUZ5, AUZF, AUZ1, AUZG, AUZ4, AUZH, /* AuzRattRoads */
ORD0, ORD1, ORD2, ORD3, ORD4, SRD0, SRD1, SRD2, ARD0, ARD1, ARD2, ARD3, ARD4, ARD5, WRD0, WRD1, URD0, URD1, IRD0, IRD1, /* U&RaTT */
CONC, TOWN, B_RD, A_RD, MWAY, /* Timberwolfs Roads */
BIKE, BRIC, NL30, NL50, NL5F, NL60, NL80, NL10, NL12, /* Dutch Road Project */
I guess at one point we need a good scheme to summarise it all :lol:
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

Thanks for an update, but in these versions I miss cost and purchase options. Running costs are very high, f.e. mostly of vehicles has around 15 000 000 CZK per year, but your set is 58 000 000 CZK and it's relly enough. Hope cost factor will come with next update ...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

fridaemon wrote: 03 Jun 2021 08:37 Thanks for an update, but in these versions I miss cost and purchase options.
It is weird, I see purchase and cost options: Low/Med/Hi. Do you have version 48?
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

yess, I changed version 44 by newest one. 48.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Don't you have such options in newgrf menu?
polroadmenu.png
polroadmenu.png (48.03 KiB) Viewed 2651 times
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

I can't download the version from 5.2 onwards.

Return to “Graphics Development”