Nice work everyone, after playing it with just a few minutes I already like this set a lot! It's another great vehicle NewGRF that I just cannot avoid.
I've joined the GRF so you can tell me if there is something to correct.
Could you please create a parameter that allows the player to limit the top speed of all buses to a specific value through the NewGRF settings? It'd be awesome if such a parameter could feature several settings in a drop down list like with the loading speed (example: 80, 90, 100, 110, 120, 136 km/h (85 mph)).
While it's possible for players to limit vehicle top speeds through the timetable, I noticed that a vehicle with a higher technical top speed will never be passed by one with a lower top speed. If a player tries to replicate real-life conditions with speed limits featuring light utility vehicles / cars going faster than buses and trucks on motorways, this will break the gameplay for that player.
- highway speed limit for trucks >4 tons: 80 km/h
- highway speed limit for buses: 100 km/h
- highway speed limit for vehicles <4 tons: none
- truck >4 tons: MAN F90 (technical Vmax: 90 km/h) from the Hungarian Truck Set FIRS beta
- bus: Setra S415 HDH (technical Vmax: 186 km/h (!)
) from this set
- utility <4 tons: Bedford Astramax (technical Vmax: 120 km/h) from the BRBV set
If I limit the heavy truck to 80 km/h and the bus to 100 km/h, the bus will pass the truck. If the Astramax travelling 120 km/h approaches the bus from behind after passing the truck as well, the Astramax will slow down to 100 km/h and never pass the bus.
I guess I don't need to add that 186 km/h are pretty much impossible to achieve in real life unless you drive that bus off a cliff at 100 km/h or more.