The 2cc Bus Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The 2cc Bus Set

Post by romazoon »

Valle wrote:If I limit the heavy truck to 80 km/h and the bus to 100 km/h, the bus will pass the truck. If the Astramax travelling 120 km/h approaches the bus from behind after passing the truck as well, the Astramax will slow down to 100 km/h and never pass the bus.
meanwhile you can try Cirdan newmapfeature version, this "bug" have been fixed there a few weeks ago ;)
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

romazoon wrote:
Valle wrote:If I limit the heavy truck to 80 km/h and the bus to 100 km/h, the bus will pass the truck. If the Astramax travelling 120 km/h approaches the bus from behind after passing the truck as well, the Astramax will slow down to 100 km/h and never pass the bus.
meanwhile you can try Cirdan newmapfeature version, this "bug" have been fixed there a few weeks ago ;)
Cool, I didn't know that. To be honest, however, I feel that as long as this feature hasn't made it into trunk yet, road vehicle sets should try focusing on realistic data to ensure a properly functioning gameplay.
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

need that 186kmh bus to travel :D
ssmit132
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ssmit132 »

It looks like you're doing a brilliant job on another 2cc set. :)

I was wondering though - in 2CC Trains you included the flag in the selection sprite for each locomotive (unless you changed that as well), and here I can see you simply have "BUS" in the same place. Will the country of origin be listed in the purchase window for people who are interested in where a particular vehicle came from (and without having to look at the tracking table or something :P)?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Unfortunately, flags for buses are too complicated because of several reasons.

First of all, if I put a flag of a country where the bus is made - that would be wrong.

If I start poking around in what country is a certain bus used - that's too complicated as well - 99% of the buses are (were) used in many many countries and by many many operators. Yes, there are some buses produced specifically for a specific operator (and country) but those are very few, the others are (were) simply used all over the world.

Furthermore, if I decide to assign a flag anyway, it would be hell to balance these flags around the world, most would be concentrated in Europe+Russia and N.America and I wouldn't like to "discriminate" other regions.

We've had an easier job for 2cc trains - specific trains belong to a specific operator (and country) but these buses are less "specific" and more "generalized" or better said "generic". The same thing applies for 2cc trams - again we have managed to pinpoint all vehicles to a certain city (and therefore a certain country).

So, all in all, I'm afraid this is the lesser of to evils and the same thing will have to apply for 2cc trucks as well.

However, if anyone has a good idea how to solve this problem... please say so.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
ssmit132
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ssmit132 »

No problems! I confess I hadn't really thought of the issue too much and I understand now why you've taken this route. :)
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

...what happened to this project? It disappeared as suddenly as it got started. :?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

No it didn't. Jyratos has been busy with RL but the coding is proceeding AFAIK. Patience, patience... :wink:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

he's just drawing faster than they can code :shock:
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

My bad! :lol:

OTOH, we've been preparing to start a 2cc truck set, made a great tracking table, I've selected reference pictures for all... and I haven't drawn a single pixel in 3 weeks. :P
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Jyratos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jyratos »

Actually, all the busses are coded and I corrected all the major problems(I hope). But I'm having problems with parameters concerning speed limits and I don't have a lot of time to code for the moment.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Ask Jake for any help you need. I'm sure he'll be glad to take a look at whatever bothers you within the code.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

Jyratos wrote:Actually, all the busses are coded and I corrected all the major problems(I hope). But I'm having problems with parameters concerning speed limits and I don't have a lot of time to code for the moment.
Great :)

Commit it to the repo so other people can help out :D
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

A wonderful set, with great pleasure that I use in the game :)) . Later will upload screenshots and show :) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

@Jyratos - have you uploaded the GRF somewhere? If not, I suggest you do it so we can start testing and looking for bugs. :wink:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Jyratos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jyratos »

Voyager One wrote:@Jyratos - have you uploaded the GRF somewhere? If not, I suggest you do it so we can start testing and looking for bugs. :wink:
Sorry, I'm very, very busy until the end of the next week but here is the last compiled grf.

Happy testing ! :D
Attachments
2CCbusSet.grf
(245.42 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

I've had enough time for a 10-minute testing and...

FANTASTIC!

Kudos Jyratos! Mighty work! :bow:

I've tried 20-30 buses at random and they all seem fine. Sorry I haven't had time for more checking, especially stats.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Hey people, sorry for the doublepost.

Planetmaker was kind enough to spend some of his time and enable the webtranslator for this set. So... you can start... :wink:

https://translator.openttdcoop.org/project/cc-bus-set
Leon

Image Image Image Image
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

Voyager One wrote:Hey people, sorry for the doublepost.

Planetmaker was kind enough to spend some of his time and enable the webtranslator for this set. So... you can start... :wink:

https://translator.openttdcoop.org/project/cc-bus-set
Will the openttdcoop server build a daily build?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

If I've understood correctly, it should be a two-way automatic process. Whenever you upload a new "base language" (I suppose English) file, that gets transferred to the webtranslator and gets ready for translation. And whenever someone translates it, that translation gets automatically transferred back to the repo.

Then again, I'm not sure, I don't know much about this stuff. I suggest you ask Jake or if he doesn't know, ask planetmaker.
Leon

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”