[OTTD] Flogeza's sets

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [OTTD] Flogeza's sets

Post by flogeza »

Fredinho wrote: 20 Mar 2021 21:54 Don't know if ideas are welcome, but have you ever thought of doing this object without any trees? Would make for some great boulevard possibilities :)
Thank you. Actually never :D I have all these ofc without trees, but never wanted them in the set. I will put them in an upcoming update.
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

Funny ... I thought about it yesterday, that I miss these things too :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

City Objets Extras
  • parks
  • ships
  • airport objects
extras.PNG
extras.PNG (65.13 KiB) Viewed 7199 times
Attachments
COextrasv1.GRF
V1
(63.76 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

very nice! :bow:

One question though..
Why do you give the ships that black outline?
I think they look more natural in the water without it:
extrasQedit.PNG
extrasQedit.PNG (5.67 KiB) Viewed 7128 times
Same goes for some parts of the aircraftcarrier too.
Last edited by Quast65 on 24 Mar 2021 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

Quast65 wrote: 24 Mar 2021 09:57 very nice! :bow:

One question though..
Why do you give the ships that black outline?
I think they look more natural in the water without it:
extrasQedit.PNG
Same goes for some parts of the aircraftcarrier too.
They have a black layer near water level. https://cdn.portfolio.hu/articles/image ... 416774.jpg Thats why I made the carrier that way. The destroyers are Klutz's work and I didn't pay enough attention to it (they have black layer on the front and on the end too). I will delete those later. Thanks Quast.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

They have a black layer near water level.
I see, ignore my remark about the carrier.

EDIT:
I am not sure if your sets are GPL-licensed, but if they are then this may be interesting:
viewtopic.php?p=1218382#p1218382 (link to most recent sources)
The WSF-ferryset has a submarine (submerged and surfaced), that may be nice as an object too.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
perverted monkey
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by perverted monkey »

And link hints for adding some animated pixels (water). :wink:
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

Small update coming next week. With fixes for ships, for some park decoration tiles. Also some new stuffs:
coextraupdate.PNG
coextraupdate.PNG (131.34 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

City Objects Extras V1.1

-new park decorations
-tiles
-bus stops
-station entrances
-fixes

Attachments
COextrasv1.1.GRF
(140.59 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

Hey flogeza
Thanks for Your work. For me City Objects and City HQ are one of those add-ons from the "Must be" category. :)

However, I would have one small but big request...
City Objects - lack of version informiation.png
City Objects - lack of version informiation.png (30.3 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
There is a problem with the version designations - they are no. Neither in the name nor in the parameters. As a result, the order of versions in the list is very chaotic and it's hard to find the most recent version. The window sorts add-ons first by name (version in name), then by version in parameters, and if there is neither one, it sorts by MD5sum and hence such chaos. So I would ask you to add such markings. Andythenorth's add-on labeling is a good example, but whatever style you choose, it will be fine. :)

That's all for the important remarks. :) But I will write a few more from the category "I'll find something anyway";)

1. In the NewGRF settings window, the settings bar are active, although there are no settings. It's not very important, but if that's not problematic, you could add a cost multiplier. Some time ago, on one of the servers, your objects served as extended and very expensive company headquarters - they were the status of the company's position. The Empire State Building cost tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars. :) The problem is that Base Cost Mod raises the costs of all objects and then also fenced grass from OpenGFX + Landscape cost astronomical amounts. It's nice if it could be set independently.

2. Your set significantly increases the size of the objects build window. Meanwhile, most previews take up a very small fraction. There are only two big previews: Berlin TV Tower and Torso Tower. This problem was solved interestingly by Yazalo in the Polish Lighthouse set, where large objects in the preview window are made smaller. This is especially good for the thumbnails displayed on the right side of the window.

3. I'm not sure, but overbuilding one object to the same probably can be done without cost.

4. I draw at a rate of one pixel per hour, and it's not going very well, so I can't help, but it would be nice if you could add more objects with trees and some winding paths, maybe some ponds for possibility of creating larger parks. :)

Thanks again!
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

There is a problem with the version designations - they are no. Neither in the name nor in the parameters. As a result, the order of versions in the list is very chaotic and it's hard to find the most recent version. The window sorts add-ons first by name (version in name), then by version in parameters, and if there is neither one, it sorts by MD5sum and hence such chaos. So I would ask you to add such markings. Andythenorth's add-on labeling is a good example, but whatever style you choose, it will be fine. :) - I'll write it in the name next time.

1. In the NewGRF settings window, the settings bar are active, although there are no settings. It's not very important, but if that's not problematic, you could add a cost multiplier. Some time ago, on one of the servers, your objects served as extended and very expensive company headquarters - they were the status of the company's position. The Empire State Building cost tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars. :) The problem is that Base Cost Mod raises the costs of all objects and then also fenced grass from OpenGFX + Landscape cost astronomical amounts. It's nice if it could be set independently. - I'll check this.

2. Your set significantly increases the size of the objects build window. Meanwhile, most previews take up a very small fraction. There are only two big previews: Berlin TV Tower and Torso Tower. This problem was solved interestingly by Yazalo in the Polish Lighthouse set, where large objects in the preview window are made smaller. This is especially good for the thumbnails displayed on the right side of the window. - I'm slowly reworking things, every version above 0.7 had some fix from this type of problem. I'm on it.

3. I'm not sure, but overbuilding one object to the same probably can be done without cost. - What is the problem with this? :D .

4. I draw at a rate of one pixel per hour, and it's not going very well, so I can't help, but it would be nice if you could add more objects with trees and some winding paths, maybe some ponds for possibility of creating larger parks. :)
- I have graphics done for pond. I'm usualy working on objects for me, what I need in game, then for requests. Also the Auz sets have park with pond. But if you mean it as a request, I can make it.

fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

flogeza wrote: 19 Apr 2021 17:39
Hi ;) I'm here with 2 requests too :lol:

1. To add few more views.
CO.png
CO.png (25.74 KiB) Viewed 6577 times
1 - when I want to have a bend, I miss a smooth transition. It would be perfect to add grass and curve there.
2 - it's the same as case #1
3 - to have only grass or grass with trees, but have it 1 pixel higher. You have the grass separated from the sidewalk by a bollard, so it does this.

2. To tell me, how you connected City Objects with City Objects Extras
- I'm afraid I'll take over all available ID's over time. You did it perfect, that objects from Extras are in the same menu as City Objects. My NML has grfid: "FR\01\01"; I think that next nml file woulc be grfid: "FR\01\02"; and have the same #Object classes, am I right?

Thanks ;)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
LaChupacabra
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LaChupacabra »

flogeza wrote: 19 Apr 2021 17:39 I'll write it in the name next time.[/b]
It would be very good and basically enough but it would be even better if you also include a version note. ;) Yes, I know it's not nice asking for too much :) , but this allows the add-on in the list to be updated after downloading the new version - players can use the latest version more easily. Currently, the minimum compatible version parameter is broken, but it is also worth adding this information anyway.
flogeza wrote: 19 Apr 2021 17:39 3. I'm not sure, but overbuilding one object to the same probably can be done without cost. - What is the problem with this? :D
Well, while the Empire State Building costs $162m, changing the flag costs $122k. Getting the flag you want can be really expensive. :D
fridaemon wrote: 19 Apr 2021 18:04 1 - when I want to have a bend, I miss a smooth transition. It would be perfect to add grass and curve there.
2 - it's the same as case #1
3 - to have only grass or grass with trees, but have it 1 pixel higher. You have the grass separated from the sidewalk by a bollard, so it does this.
Regarding the paths that Frideamon is trying to build, I just think it would be easier if apart from those between the tiles, they were also entirely on one tile. For example, graphics of bends, forks - without the need to assemble several of them, which is sometimes impossible.
Yes, those curbs at the back seem to get in the way when you want to build a bigger park.
flogeza wrote: 19 Apr 2021 17:39 I have graphics done for pond. I'm usualy working on objects for me, what I need in game, then for requests. Also the Auz sets have park with pond. But if you mean it as a request, I can make it.
Well, combining different sets doesn't always produce a good effect, so it would be nice if you could create more different graphics that would allow to create larger parks. I think it would be good if CO and COE were one addition. :)
I am sorry for may English. I know is bed.
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

City Objects Extras V1.2

-new tiles
-fixes

Cityobj1.3.png
Cityobj1.3.png (166.78 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
Attachments
COextrasv1.2.GRF
(195.54 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

to fridaemon: I can only provide NFO, if you want that :D. Also I made some overlaping trees, to get the gap out, when mixing park tiles and added new tiles for inner corners.

to LaChupacabra: There are pond tiles in, but I kept the modular style. Fixed the graphics for the TV tower and Turning Torso. If I made correctly now versions are visible in the name.
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Wonderful, have been thinking about those corner pieces! Now all that's missing is one of those grass bits with path to get a palm tree on it :P
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

City Objects Extras V1.3

-new canal tiles
-palm stuff

Coextrasv1.3.PNG
Coextrasv1.3.PNG (165.38 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
Attachments
COextrasv1.3.GRF
(254.74 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=70997 Hungarian Stations 1 v3 uploaded
Attachments
hss1v3.png
(163.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Velociraptortillas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Velociraptortillas »

fe7xxc874vo71.png
fe7xxc874vo71.png (263.34 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
https://imgur.com/a/HYHvvlK

Can't seem to fix this. Doesn't seem to be a way to force a palette change.

City Object Extras v1.30

Any advice?

(Beautiful work, btw)
Edit: can't get the image to load inline, sorry.
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

Velociraptortillas wrote: 21 Sep 2021 14:32 fe7xxc874vo71.png

https://imgur.com/a/HYHvvlK

Can't seem to fix this. Doesn't seem to be a way to force a palette change.

City Object Extras v1.30

Any advice?

(Beautiful work, btw)
Edit: can't get the image to load inline, sorry.
Attachments
platte.PNG
platte.PNG (37.09 KiB) Viewed 4221 times

Return to “Graphics Development”