2CC Trams 0.9b & 2CC Cargo Trams v0.8o

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: 2CC Trams 0.9b & 2CC Cargo Trams v0.8o

Post by kamnet »

Tsylatac wrote:
10 Oct 2020 05:14
kamnet wrote:
09 Oct 2020 10:10
In my original research and spreadsheets, I actually did note the various couplings of trams.
Is more research needed e.g. for trams that have been added more recently to the project? I don't code or draw, but I sure can nerd out and look stuff up. :P
For 2CC Trams, we're finished for now. However, 2CC Cargo Trams could probably use some more vehicles. Most cargo trams were not purpose created, but were cobbled together by operating companies who pieced them together from wrecked and salvaged passenger trams (typically much older and obsolete equipment for passenger revenue service) in order to suit their own needs. It was pretty common to rebuild a car, gut the passenger seats, and either close in all the windows and doors to make a box car, or to just seal off the operating cab and turn it into a flat car, or attach equipment to the deck to turn it into a work truck like a tower ladder, boom truck, crane or side-dump trailer. But, some companies like Brill, Jewett and Kuhlmann did build purpose-built work equipment. Some examples I've found include refrigerated meat cars for South America, tanker cars, plows and brooms to clean the railways, freight motors (cargo & mail vehicles), etc.

Our biggest challenge here is finding documented photos and specs. Lots of people have documented this info for passenger cars, but work vehicles don't typically get this type of attention.

MLG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MLG »

[Cargo tram suggestion] If you will add more vehicles to cargo trams, what about adding this one: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cate ... 2_(Prague), stats are similar to Tatra T3 tram (in fact it was build for purpose in 1990 for Prague Transport Authority (DPP), for transporting stuff, by repairing one T3 tram). Later, they changed its purpose to oiling tracks, and later a water tank for watering grassy track parts was added. At page, I linked to, are many photos of it. Cargo capacity is not known, so feel free to put there something for gameplay purposes. [End of cargo tram suggestion]
And that existing Prague cargo tram, should be named like that: Prague Ringhoffer+Křižík cargo tram (electric), not like it is now, that Střešovice is name of transport museum, where it is now, not manufacturers. And now let me work on that trolleybus table. :)
You can write to me in English, or Czech.
Můžete mi psát česky, nebo anglicky.

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Hey guys!
As Kamnet has said, I've never had an interest in drawing 2x zoom stuff. As for the "normal" stuff, I'm truly sorry but I simply don't have the time to do it. However, I'll be more than happy if someone will continue my work and I'd give as much support as I can.
Anyways, I'm happy to see that this development goes on in my "absence" and I'm truly glad to see so many enthusiasts pushing things forward!
Cheers!
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield

Arnoud
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] 2CC|Trams - Nightly Betas Now Released

Post by Arnoud »

Tsylatac wrote:
09 Oct 2020 06:47
Arnoud wrote:
29 Jun 2020 16:45
And a much smaller update:

-fixed London Joh Grantham's steam engine being coded as electric vehicle, this allso means that electrified tramtrack is no longer available on 1800s starts.

-added translations.
Running RattRoads 1.0.2, all 2CC Trams appear to be coded as electric - they're not available in non-electrified tram depots, though seven of the 2CC Cargo Trams are. That aside (and other cosmetic issues like invalid stats/strings in the purchase window), it looks great so far! I love the variety. :D

Beggars and choosers, but: Eventually, would it be possible to purchase (or refit, a la HEQs) certain interurban/LRV type vehicles in coupled form? I know this might make the capacity a bit overkill (side beg: Eventually, can we have cost/capacity balance parameters a la many many other sets?), but... well, for example, Portland MAX almost always runs two-car trains, so it feels odd seeing them singly here when I've never seen them run that way in person :? And all 3 generations of SF MUNI's LRVs could/can run coupled, and do so when capacity and route allow - the USSLRV even briefly ran with four-car consists through the subway.
The issue of invalid strings in the purchase window should no longer be present in the latest build of the passenger trams, please make sure you have deleted any old version from your graphics folder because that can cause issues like this.
The steam passenger trams not showing up on early starts is most likely due to the default paramater setting of short vehicle lives; on certain early starts all their short lifetimes have expired and so none are available, if you change this paramater it should solve the problem.

Arnoud
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arnoud »

The cargo set I think is not in need of more sprites at the moment; there are still uncoded sprites for quite a few trams, some of them quite cool ones.

What would be usefull to have is a list of what you think the vehicles should cost, right now vehicle costs are mostly eyecandy.

After that the next big issue to make the set more playable is fix the cattle class capacity, I allready have an idea on how to do this, though this would be a large update and I havent come around to that yet.

Once these 2 issues are resolved I can start to add the remaining trams.

Tsylatac
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] 2CC|Trams - Nightly Betas Now Released

Post by Tsylatac »

Arnoud wrote:
16 Oct 2020 17:58
The issue of invalid strings in the purchase window should no longer be present in the latest build of the passenger trams, please make sure you have deleted any old version from your graphics folder because that can cause issues like this.
Ah, thanks for the tip. For one thing, turns out changing the file extension from ".tar" to ".tar.old" does nothing to prevent OpenTTD from finding it. :P It looks like the current 0.9b release in the fruit store identifies itself as v5777 (you may want to correct this), so the "newer" v5884 I had downloaded four years ago was taking priority.
Arnoud wrote:
16 Oct 2020 17:58
The steam passenger trams not showing up on early starts is most likely due to the default paramater setting of short vehicle lives; on certain early starts all their short lifetimes have expired and so none are available, if you change this paramater it should solve the problem.
This was actually with Vehicles Never Expire turned On for testing (the steam trams were available, but only from electrified depots), but that complaint is moot as it works properly now that I have the current version loaded.

Return to “Graphics Development”