2CC Trams 0.9c & 2CC Cargo Trams v0.8r

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Re: [OTTD] 2CC|Trams - Nightly Betas Now Released

Post by te_lanus »

Bug report :D
Of particular note, as of this time all passenger trams in this set can be refit to haul either local town cargoes or all cargoes. More specialized cargo trams will be published in a future release.
Currently with those I tested (year 1950 and before) most can't be refitted. Also in the depot window the sprites are misalligned, making it near impossible to drag it to the sell button.
Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (7.1 KiB) Viewed 3932 times
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

te_lanus wrote:Currently with those I tested (year 1950 and before) most can't be refitted.
All of them seem refittable to me. Did you enable refits? (see pic below)
refit.PNG
refit.PNG (50.43 KiB) Viewed 911 times
te_lanus wrote: Also in the depot window the sprites are misalligned, making it near impossible to drag it to the sell button.
This is true. It seems they're aligned to the right of their box in the depot. Bug confirmed.

https://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/7759
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Now that BaNaNaS upload is fixed (thanks TrueBrain!), I've uploaded the beta to it for easier access through the online content.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I've just uploaded the second beta to the online content. There are no new vehicles, rather some other improvements. The depot and vehicle details graphics are fixed, as are the capacities of cargo refits. Also the very long purchase list is improved by allowing each vehicle to be purchased for 10 years, but you can go back to the old behaviour via a new parameter setting. Lastly the vehicle life of vehicles that never expire has been increased from 20 to 28 years.

Please test this new version. If no big issues arise, the beta label shall be removed for the next release. Before we do that, we'll allow some time (let's say two weeks) for translation updates.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

A proposal for a future expansion of the set. The Alstom Citadis Spirit, which will start operation in 2018 on the Ottawa Confederation Line. The line itself mostly runs grade-separated through the city and partially underground, but the vehicle itself is based on the Citadis 302 tram, with Citadis marketing it as suitable for in-city tram service as well as regional light rail service.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

kamnet wrote:A proposal for a future expansion of the set. The Alstom Citadis Spirit, which will start operation in 2018 on the Ottawa Confederation Line. The line itself mostly runs grade-separated through the city and partially underground, but the vehicle itself is based on the Citadis 302 tram, with Citadis marketing it as suitable for in-city tram service as well as regional light rail service.
I think that'd be a pretty neat addition to the set, I mean it looks cool and its usable as a Tram and/or Light Rail, so you could connect a city to its suburbs by light rail, but in the city it could run like a tram so long as the stops and road layout permit that.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Densha
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Densha »

Let me also do a proposal: the MIVB/STIB articulated PCCs. The 7700/7800 is the single-articulated version and the 7900 is the double-articulated version. Particularly the double-articulated version is quite charming IMO.

Another interesting Belgian tram might be the NMVB/SNCB S type, used on the vicinal tramways with up to two (or maybe even three) trailers.

The NMVB/SNCB also had articulated trams for use on the Coastal Tram Line (with doors only on the right side) and the Charleroi Premetro (with doors on both sides). As you can see on the wikipedia page, nowadays the trams running on the Coastal Tram Line have been rebuilt quite a bit; they now have an extra low-floor middle car and the front cab was changed. Before this change it was possible to run with two trams coupled together. The trams running in Charleroi can still run together because they have only received a new livery since their introduction. I particularly like how the trams looked like at their introduction date.

By the way, the BN trams were also built for the Manila LRT (Philippines) as double-articulated units. Up to three units can be coupled together This is how they looked like in their original state:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/25653307@N03/4224725156/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/25653307@N03/3040885522/
Rebuilt/re-liveried:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/eesti/140841644/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mmmoop/3444653574/

This ended up being four proposals in one, but oh well. 8)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

How is the 7700/7800 any different than the Amsterdam 8G that comes out in the same timeframe?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Wrt proposals... Please, I'll stop this right away.

Check the 2CC trams wiki pages, there's a list of all included vehicles. We have trams entering every 1 or 2 or 3 years, all the way from 1872 up to 2018, there are no timeframe gaps and I won't include anything else... except:

#1 - new modern trams that haven't existed while doing this set
#2 - futuristic trams but with at least some RL basis - no "concepts" will be considered unless they prove to be really considered IRL
#3 - someting EXTREMELY unique.

Also, for any of these suggestions I expect at least some stats or "no-go"...
---

OTOH if you have any suggestions for FREIGHT trams, those could possibly be improved, we're especially missing those from 1940s onward. Same as above... no stats - no-go.
---

EDIT: Foobar, I've spotted one mistake, I must have done it in the tracking table. The Manchester T-68 has a total capacity of 416 passengers while it should have 204. My bad.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Voyager One wrote:Foobar, I've spotted one mistake, I must have done it in the tracking table. The Manchester T-68 has a total capacity of 416 passengers while it should have 204. My bad.
Fixed.
I also noted the speed of the Indianapolis ACF Coach-Parlor Highspeed Interurban to be very high (134 km/h). Seems a bit much, but the source link listed in the tracking table doesn't work any more, unfortunately.
I set it to 80 km/h now, as that seems more true to the era for 'highspeed'. If the actual value can be found, I can always change it again.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

FooBar wrote:
Voyager One wrote:Foobar, I've spotted one mistake, I must have done it in the tracking table. The Manchester T-68 has a total capacity of 416 passengers while it should have 204. My bad.
Fixed.
I also noted the speed of the Indianapolis ACF Coach-Parlor Highspeed Interurban to be very high (134 km/h). Seems a bit much, but the source link listed in the tracking table doesn't work any more, unfortunately.
I set it to 80 km/h now, as that seems more true to the era for 'highspeed'. If the actual value can be found, I can always change it again.
Yes, it looks like the site updated and didn't port any of the old links over properly. Here's the source: http://cera-chicago.org/Resources/Docum ... ilroad.pdf
Page 6 wrote:The balancing speed of the high-speed cars with field taps is 83 mph., without taps 72 mph., and the gear ratio 24:43.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Hmmm, so that was correct then. I guess I'll unfix it then :D
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

I have been trawling more freight trams for Road Hog. I didn't check the 2CC|Trams list sorry, these might be duplicates of stuff you already have.

- Malmo Coal Tram http://www.pege.nu/WEB-bilder/T&UT/Malmo_pictures.htm
- Riga Works Cars (all maintenance, but adaptable) - tankers, flatbeds, locomotives http://web1591.fge1.5hosting.com/lfr-wp1/?p=4615
- Ottawa Mail Tram http://images.delcampe.com/img_large/au ... 25_001.jpg
- Budapest Freight Trams - many links http://www.jnsforum.com/community/topic ... /?p=115388
- Vienna Mail and Works Cars http://web1591.fge1.5hosting.com/lfr-wp1/?p=7446
- Romania Steeple Cabs http://petervelthoen.nl/timisoara/
- Arkhangel (photos 1-09 and 1-10) http://ymtram.mashke.org/gallery.php?g= ... lsk/1&l=en
- Melbourne (Sunkist Box Tram) http://tdu.to/97442.msg

Dunno if that's helpful. :)

There are more if North American interurbans are included, but eh.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Thanks Andy! I'll take a good look at these.

Also, if you want any, you can use any of my sprites for the Road Hog at your convenience. I don't know if the style and scale fits but feel free to use anything you need.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Voyager One wrote:Also, if you want any, you can use any of my sprites for the Road Hog at your convenience. I don't know if the style and scale fits but feel free to use anything you need.
Fanks :D Same the other way round.
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Cool. What do you have in mind for those Riga Works Cars? I like the idea of a snow sweeper and a railgrinder just (t)rolling around, doing their business and, in the latter case, completely disrupting the timetable of the trams running in revenue service. ;)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Valle wrote:Cool. What do you have in mind for those Riga Works Cars? I like the idea of a snow sweeper and a railgrinder just (t)rolling around, doing their business and, in the latter case, completely disrupting the timetable of the trams running in revenue service. ;)
Unless Voyager One has changed his mind, we agreed to not include vehicles that are essentially eyecandy only. The tanker/water cars, flat cars and wagons have a place, but rail grinders, snow sweepers and tower wagons I don't think serve any purpose. At least, not for this set. Maybe we (or somebody else) releases an eyecandy tram set, along with an AI that clogs up your networks.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Valle wrote:sweeper and a railgrinder just (t)rolling around
kamnet wrote:Unless Voyager One has changed his mind, we agreed to not include vehicles that are essentially eyecandy only
Kamnet, this isn't entirely true. :wink: If there's an "audience" demand for eyecandy I'm not against it, I just want to make a playable set first... We'll see. I might get bored when I'm done with the 2cc trainset and this set, 2cc trucks are to follow but later... who knows... :lol:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Voyager One wrote:
kamnet wrote:Unless Voyager One has changed his mind, we agreed to not include vehicles that are essentially eyecandy only
Kamnet, this isn't entirely true. :wink: If there's an "audience" demand for eyecandy I'm not against it, I just want to make a playable set first... We'll see. I might get bored when I'm done with the 2cc trainset and this set, 2cc trucks are to follow but later... who knows... :lol:
Correct, we agreed that these vehicles had to be playable and serve a useful purpose.

I'm not against eyecandy either. I've got tracking tables full of all sorts of other vehicles to pump out. Especially if we want interurbans :D
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

kamnet wrote:
Voyager One wrote:
Correct, we agreed that these vehicles had to be playable and serve a useful purpose.

I'm not against eyecandy either. I've got tracking tables full of all sorts of other vehicles to pump out. Especially if we want interurbans :D
I think interurbans would be nice, as some where built to run on rail and/or tram ways, I do believe there are some built just for tram line use only
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Graphics Development”