[32bpp/EZ] YETI Extended Towns and Industries

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

V453000 :)
President
President

Re: [32bpp/EZ] YETI Extended Towns and Industries

Post by V453000 :) »

Thanks to Sylf, there is a new version 1.0.3, fixing some bugs with ground tile drawing, and rebalances mail YETI. :)
ImageImageImage
President
President

Further bugfixes thanks to Sylf. :)
ImageImageImage
einsteinyh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by einsteinyh »

Images of 2AA,2BB, 2CC and 2Y are lost in previews page (404 DB error)
dirace
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dirace »

Hi V,
I fund an un-aligned animation sprite, please refer to the screenshot.
无标题.jpg
无标题.jpg (81.74 KiB) Viewed 8092 times
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

dirace wrote:Hi V,
I fund an un-aligned animation sprite, please refer to the screenshot.
无标题.jpg
I've logged that bug. Thanks for reporting.
https://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/8329
dirace
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dirace »

Hi V&Sylf,
Does no factory receive the Clay? In my memory, the Clay should be swallowed by Construction Yard. Does the origin design change?
clay bug.png
clay bug.png (87.09 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

dirace wrote:Hi V&Sylf,
Does no factory receive the Clay? In my memory, the Clay should be swallowed by Construction Yard. Does the origin design change?
That looks like version 0.1.3. That bug was fixed in 0.1.4.
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

My brother showed me this the other day and I had to try it for myself as it seemed pretty awesome. Started off great but then after half way through my 8th year into the game, most of the industries shut down so I'm now pretty much stuck. I noticed this bug is already on your tracker, is there any workaround I can use so my game isn't just over already?
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

khamseen wrote:My brother showed me this the other day and I had to try it for myself as it seemed pretty awesome. Started off great but then after half way through my 8th year into the game, most of the industries shut down so I'm now pretty much stuck. I noticed this bug is already on your tracker, is there any workaround I can use so my game isn't just over already?
Until the bug is fixed, you just need to keep playing on the same map - other industries will eventually come back. If you are playing the mode where the YETI worker yards require passengers or mail, you can continue to deliver them to the yards. Things are tougher if you play with tired YETIs - you'll have to play with what's left on the map, and/or develop some passenger service in the mean time.

Other industries will come back in a few years.
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

Sylf wrote:
khamseen wrote:My brother showed me this the other day and I had to try it for myself as it seemed pretty awesome. Started off great but then after half way through my 8th year into the game, most of the industries shut down so I'm now pretty much stuck. I noticed this bug is already on your tracker, is there any workaround I can use so my game isn't just over already?
Until the bug is fixed, you just need to keep playing on the same map - other industries will eventually come back. If you are playing the mode where the YETI worker yards require passengers or mail, you can continue to deliver them to the yards. Things are tougher if you play with tired YETIs - you'll have to play with what's left on the map, and/or develop some passenger service in the mean time.

Other industries will come back in a few years.
Ok, thanks for the fast reply. I don't mind pushing through the hard times if I at least know that others will come back. It's just saddening when you were prepping all your rails and feeding industries you wanted to make use of, only to end up with the destinations up and vanishing haha.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

yep, it happens.

Simplest solution is to first quickly setup a small amount of deliveries, to reduce the chance that the industry disappears. Once that is done, you can invest heavily into more robust infra structure for servicing the industries.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

I stumbled over this nice video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwMVBcoOQpw and tried to find the few necessary 32bit vehicles to load the special cargoes in vain.
Nuts is only low resolution and doesn't work for me at all. So far I found only one car for yeti dudes in Pinapple trains but not for the other cargoes.
Can someone help me out?
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Don't Know if this will help ,https://wiki.openttd.org/Playing_with_32_bpp_graphics . ..http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/nuts/activity... Not much else I can suggest , all the best in your quest .
President
President

you can get these trains in nuts 0.7.8 ... which you can obtain only by taking a savegame which uses it (you can get that at openttdcoop's public server archives, for example http://www.openttdcoop.org/files/public ... _Final.sav ), as 0.7.9 doesn't have these 32bpp trains.

I don't think any other train set has graphics for yeti cargoes.
ImageImageImage
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

V453000 :) wrote:you can get these trains in nuts 0.7.8 ... which you can obtain only by taking a savegame which uses it (you can get that at openttdcoop's public server archives, for example http://www.openttdcoop.org/files/public ... _Final.sav ), as 0.7.9 doesn't have these 32bpp trains.

I don't think any other train set has graphics for yeti cargoes.
That explains why I thought I already had the 32bpp trains from the nuts set, I was using the 0.7.8 version on my previous runs. Why were the 32bpp trains removed in the newer version?
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

Thanks, I have NUTS 0.7.9 and created my own scenario with zbase starting in 2099, after I found out what vehicles are in highresolution in an old thread on reddit:
RAINBOW SLUG, vehicle available in 2099 ... there are earlier generations of it which will haul the same wagons - Animal Express from 2016 and THE SLUG from 2070.
and that the "universal" waggons always need to be refitted.

Edit: I had a nice game on a small tropical map 128x128 with a handful medium towns and a worker yard in every town, grf-parameters set to industry oriented no extras.
While I like the slugs, in the long run I prefer the high-res-vehicles from the older gfr-version 0.7.8 that you see in the video.
Perhaps the cargo-IDs could be made compatible to the basic 32bpp-version of zbase, so that you could use for example trucks or ships? In 2020 zbase doesn't seem to have buyable standard locomotives anymore.
At least cargoes like food, steel, wood, grain, livestock, ironore, oil, passengers and mail could be compatible.
I didn't try the parameter tired yeti grf-setting, but yeti and tired yeti could share the same ID, so that you can transport them in the same train (but probably not in the same waggon). If vehicles would work normally without refitting this would take some work away from the player and avoid empty retours.
nirasa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nirasa »

I want to report a bug.
OpenTTD version of JGR 0.31 - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=73469
YETI 1.6
In the JGR version, it is possible to assign a type of load to the train to be loaded (Load by cargo type). If I select YETI, Clay is also selected. The error affects all vehicles = trains, airplanes and trucks.
thx
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/nirasa/videos Czech language. :D
President
President

Hi, unfortunately I have no idea what does JGR change to break it.

Honestly, I don't care about supporting JGR patchpack, but if someone cares and does investigation about this issue, let me know what would I need to change to make it properly compatible. If it's something that does not mean rewriting half of YETI, I will try to add it.

I'm sorry but I don't even understand what the problem is.
ImageImageImage
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

There is nothing wrong with the GRF, the error is at my end.
It is fixed now and will be in the next patchpack release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
President
President

That's nice :) Thank you very much for clarification!
ImageImageImage

Return to “Graphics Development”