[32bpp/EZ] YETI Extended Towns and Industries

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

nicfer
Director
Director

Re: YETI Extended Towns and Industries

Post by nicfer »

Other 2 questions:

1. Can you make worker yards spawn/fundable like banks in temperate? That's, replacing houses, but without any population limit. One problem is that banks can't be funded at game creation, would this also apply to WYs if changed?

2. How much heavy should turn YETI if all industries get their animation? Doing that for one increased 153MB, with your new method you said it would halve the size, but still that's like 75MB for each animated industry. That would rise the GRF size to something like 1 Gig, which would not be very accepted. Maybe it's better to leave everything static, with a reasonable 28MB filesize?
Sorry for my english I am argentinian
TTO don't crashes in Windows XP; XP crashes TTO

Formerly known as UnderBuilder.

MyMiniCity
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

Do not worry chrswk, the newGRF will keep being updated so you can simply play it to see what is new :P

nicfer: 1. why? Not much would be different to current state. Atm Worker Yard can be funded, only has to be on an empty tile instead of building tile - but some 30 manhattan tiles away from town center maximum.

2. the HALF was for 3X Machinery factory. Other animations are considerably smaller! :) Plus, not all industries will be animated (much). The new method means that the less animated, the less size I get.

Examples:

I attach all 5 examples of current animations, you can clearly see that they are so much smaller than 3X! :)
(3C doesnt even show the car all the time)
Attachments
industry_3X_OVERLAY_f0000.png
3X
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
industry_3B_OVERLAY_f0000.png
3B
(879.96 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
industry_3C_OVERLAY_f0020.png
3C
(864.72 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
ImageImageImage
President
President

... +2
Attachments
industry_1X_OVERLAY_f0000.png
1X
(906.72 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
industry_3AA_OVERLAY_f0000.png
(885.86 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
ImageImageImage
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

Looks quite nice
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

I have been playing the game of pushing cargo chains; build a circle of deliveries, and see what happens :)

I had a nice collection of worker yards, where the workers were moving to the quarry with a few feeders. Bringing building material nicely explodes the yeti production, the station to the top-right needs a bit more attention, I notcied :)
worker_yards.png
(971 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Stone quarry seems to collect workers:
stone_quarry.png
stone_quarry.png (271.86 KiB) Viewed 5196 times
If I do more with the workers yard station at the top-right, the number of workers will probably grow even higher.

Stone gets moved to the stone/tree crusher aka construction yard:
construction_yard.png
construction_yard.png (305.34 KiB) Viewed 5196 times
No surprises here.

It takes a bit getting used to the continuous production, but I like it. In this short game, it seems to have a nice effect on the train flow, even with 2 platforms you can continuously have a train loading at one platform while the other platform is used for the departing and arriving train.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

nicfer wrote:One problem is that banks can't be funded at game creation, would this also apply to WYs if changed?
no, that is freely configurable by the NewGRF
President
President

I think the production is even a bit too high Alberth, but yeah it all depends on how many worker yards you get.

After there are some bonuses and more motivation to get various industries, it should get a bit harder to get this much stuff so quickly :)
ImageImageImage
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Just for the record, I have been keeping tabs on this thread and looking at the pretty pictures you have been showing! But I can see why you may deviate elsewhere...
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

as said in chat, perhaps you can note yourself to add some really basic "ground sprites" that are visible in transparent mode. even if it's just plain gray tiles, I can see where the industry is placed :)
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

When trying to play with Pikka's Pineapple Trains grf, looks like there is no support for the Uranium cargo from any of the wagons. Is this something that can be addressed in this grf, or is it something that the Pineapple Trains grf has to fix?

(by looking at the NML, looks like the Cargo code for Uranium is URAN, so unlikely there is support for that in common sets, which usually support all the "standard" cargo labels, as defined in http://newgrf-specs.tt-wiki.net/wiki/CargoTypes)
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

missing cargo support is generally the vehicle set's fault. it should use cargo classes, and should avoid cyclical exclusions.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Assuming URAN is bulk+non-pourable, this was indeed a blind spot in Pineapple Trains. I'll fix it next version.

Edit: apparently this isn't the problem. That's still a bug in Pineapple Trains though, so thanks. :)
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

YETI source says uranium is cc_hazardous.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Sylf wrote:YETI source says uranium is cc_hazardous.
If it's only that class, that's going to cause problems with most vehicle sets. :) It should probably have at least one of the basic cargo classes added too (express, bulk, piece, or liquid).
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

Added a new language translation for Russian - https://translator.openttdcoop.org/tran ... yeti/ru_RU but don't see it automatically be committed to the source repository. Is there anything I'm missing in the steps of what I should do?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

aantono wrote:Added a new language translation for Russian - https://translator.openttdcoop.org/tran ... yeti/ru_RU but don't see it automatically be committed to the source repository. Is there anything I'm missing in the steps of what I should do?
When did you add / change that? The language changes are pushed to the repository once a day, around 18h GMT+2
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

planetmaker wrote:
aantono wrote:Added a new language translation for Russian - https://translator.openttdcoop.org/tran ... yeti/ru_RU but don't see it automatically be committed to the source repository. Is there anything I'm missing in the steps of what I should do?
When did you add / change that? The language changes are pushed to the repository once a day, around 18h GMT+2
It was yesterday, around 2pm CST (GMT+6).
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

Just noticed a possible Bug. Looks like Steel is listed as a cargo twice.
The game is running no other GRF but YETI - Using version 1.4.2
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1949.png
(390.29 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1949#1.png
(245.8 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

aantono wrote:Just noticed a possible Bug. Looks like Steel is listed as a cargo twice.
The game is running no other GRF but YETI - Using version 1.4.2
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1949.png
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1949#1.png
As far as I know, any original cargoes in each climate aren't disabled in the current version of YETI. So you'll see battery twice in toyland, food twice in arctic and tropical climate, etc.
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

Sylf wrote:As far as I know, any original cargoes in each climate aren't disabled in the current version of YETI. So you'll see battery twice in toyland, food twice in arctic and tropical climate, etc.
Looking at the NML it looks like it is being disabled.

Code: Select all

disable_item(FEAT_INDUSTRIES);

disable_item(FEAT_CARGOS, 0, 29);
// don't disable 30, it's used by NARS 2 for regearing and disabling it breaks NARS 2
disable_item(FEAT_CARGOS, 31, 31);

Return to “Graphics Development”