[32bpp/EZ] YETI Extended Towns and Industries

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Sylf
President
President

Re: YETI Extended Towns and Industries

Post by Sylf »

Haskey wrote:Very cool set! Do we have in addition full compartable ROAD vehicles 32bpp set?
You can try GRVTS.
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

NUTS in 32bpp with YETIs is coming! :D
Attachments
flatbeds.png
(1.36 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
ImageImageImage
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Looks like a case for Nuts Stations!
President
President

ImageImageImage
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

\o/
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Haskey
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Haskey »

Sylf wrote:
Haskey wrote:Very cool set! Do we have in addition full compartable ROAD vehicles 32bpp set?
You can try GRVTS.
Thanks a lot!

Another question is what AI is better to use with YETI set?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i somewhat doubt any AI has been tuned to the intrinsic mechanics of YETI yet.
President
President

:idea: I guess we can add even MORE animations to YETI if people still feel like their CPU is not suffering enough already and are considering to use AIs XD :idea: :idea: :idea:
ImageImageImage
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

I've bumped into a serious problem, unfortunately, it's my fault...for my first outing with YETI.

I traditionally play largeish maps with few towns. My game is 512 ^2 with just 10 towns and I've nowhere near enough worker yards to power everything. I've got food and building materials in production but now I've run out of workers to enable me to make machinery.

I suppose I could reroute a few from existing yards to power the machinery chain but then that impacts on the other chains until I get machinery producing.

I realise the answer is to start with more towns (or create a few more).

Any advice?

BTW, it's a nice compact set of industries with everything cleverly linked and I do like the stockpiling system...I just need more workers!
President
President

3iff wrote:I've bumped into a serious problem, unfortunately, it's my fault...for my first outing with YETI.

I traditionally play largeish maps with few towns. My game is 512 ^2 with just 10 towns and I've nowhere near enough worker yards to power everything. I've got food and building materials in production but now I've run out of workers to enable me to make machinery.

I suppose I could reroute a few from existing yards to power the machinery chain but then that impacts on the other chains until I get machinery producing.

I realise the answer is to start with more towns (or create a few more).

Any advice?

BTW, it's a nice compact set of industries with everything cleverly linked and I do like the stockpiling system...I just need more workers!

I would just enable founding towns, and fund more towns :) 10 towns is really low amount :D
ImageImageImage
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

For most games I play it's a convenient amount so I can concentrate on freight. For this set I now realise it's far too low.

I can already found towns and have them set to a cheap rate (basemod) but almost never bother with doing that, however I shall create a lot more.

Thanks.
President
President

3iff wrote:For most games I play it's a convenient amount so I can concentrate on freight. For this set I now realise it's far too low.

I can already found towns and have them set to a cheap rate (basemod) but almost never bother with doing that, however I shall create a lot more.

Thanks.
With YETI towns matter, even their growth does - at some point if your town population is too low, you cannot get more YETI dudes anymore ... just a hint ;)
ImageImageImage
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

So I should also carry pass/mail to towns? The docs were vague on this matter.
President
President

3iff wrote:So I should also carry pass/mail to towns? The docs were vague on this matter.
The effect only appears after you deliver really a lot / focus on just one town ... just play and if you see food stockpile too much somewhere while low amount of workers is produced, just put some busses in the town center and it will grow on its own.
ImageImageImage
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

Thanks. I'll be playing it a lot over the weekend so I'll see what I can come up with.
Sylf
President
President

YETI version 0.1.0

Post by Sylf »

YETI Extended Towns and Industries hits Version 0.1.0

I've been contributing to YETI coding since version 0.0.6 or so. We've been making improvements over last a few releases, and this feels like a major mile stone. Please allow me to highlight some of the recent changes.

Documentation
I wrote a brief Play Guide for YETI. I highlighted how to run YETI games smoothly, as well as details on how different cargo chains work.

Animations
There are some industries that have full animations. Those are some delicious animations.

New Industry
exmerchant.png
exmerchant.png (394.71 KiB) Viewed 6777 times
A new industry, Exchange Merchant, has been introduced to the game. You can exchange excess building materials for extra food to get more YETI workers to work for you!

New Interaction with towns
Amount of YETI workers working for you depends on how much food and building materials you deliver to worker yards, as well as the size of the nearby town.
Also, towns in snowy/desert area require monthly delivery of food/building materials to grow.
Add some town growth limiting scripts, like my own Town Growth Limiter or Zuu/TrueBrain's Neighbours are Important for additional challenges.

Compatibility with more vehicle sets
Cargoes in original YETI was incompatible with most vehicle sets. We've improved the cargo compatibility.
Not only that, sets like NUTS and Pineapple Trains are adding custom sprites for YETI. I've also seen YETI sprites drawn for 2cc Trains.

That should be it for the some of the updates that's worth mentioning.
But we are not done. We are cooking more ideas to improve YETI. I hope this post will encourage at least a few of you to give the new YETI a try.
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

I have my own Industry set, but I had to reply to say, WHHHHHAAAAATTTT a cool screenshot! :mrgreen:

It made me try it :D

So far seems good! It may not be my type of cargos, but congratulations on the commitment and quality of the work! :o
Zynmaster
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zynmaster »

CAN YOU PLS UPLOAD A NUTS UNREALISTIC SET READY MADE 32BPP?, coz I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE OTHER INSTRUCTION ON MAKING IT 32BPP MANUALLY

:mrgreen:
President
President

What do you mean manually?

NUTS Unrealistic Train Set is already 32bpp, but only for some trains:

Maglev FAST and MEDIUM classes
all Chameleon class trains
SLUGs (Animal Express, THE SLUG, RAINBOW SLUG)

Getting NUTS to be 100% 32bpp/extrazoom for all trains will take a lot of time still, am making some other 32bpp newGRFs at the moment.

V
ImageImageImage
dirace
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [32bpp/EZ] YETI Extended Towns and Industries

Post by dirace »

Hi V453000,
I think it's better if you add some transition effects at the edge of YETI image, just like the Industrial Station Renewal does. please refer to the attachment screenshot.
Attachments
yeti+industrial staion.png
yeti+industrial staion.png (1.28 MiB) Viewed 1288 times

Return to “Graphics Development”