Thanks for the feedback everybody, I have been running into massive problems with making the animation work properly in order to reduce file size of the newGRF massively. (it now has 220MB with 5 animations, 0.0.5 has 144MB with 1 animation)
After 2 months of utter wtf, I have managed to get it done so you can expect YETI 0.0.6 very soon.
YETI 0.0.6 will not change many things too drastically as the point of the animation properly is you not being able to see that it is done differently now.
What will change however is:
- animations for more industries (all of the ones which have .wmv preview in Files on devzone)
- default tile extents mean that trains will not show through industries nor will they glitch with foundations in front of them
- all cargoes except passengers/mail/regearing will be removed properly
- all cargoes will have added cargo classes to make other train sets than NUTS work with YETI - I must say though that having at least one wagon with CC_ALL_CARGO_CLASSES does not sound like a bad idea to me for any train set.
- added translations
- perhaps something extra, not sure
Couple of additional answers and notes:
- there are people who dislike the 3-X style prefixes, there are people who like it. From my point, YETI is very based on proper system of the industries, these shortcuts are used everywhere in the code and sprites, also the schemes on devzone Overview page, and many people actually do use the shortcuts in chat to quickly address industries. Either ignore it or get used to it but I will keep it there.
- animation runs all the time without interaction to industry behaviour is simply because I did not figure out how to code it that way. For now.
- after YETI 0.0.6 there can start to be versions with new mechanic to the industries - link to town size, bonuses when you deliver more than 2 cargoes instead of flat addition "process food", "process BDMT" and done.
- meanwhile I have written documentation to both technical side of graphics, and some basic coding tutorial, both found on YETI wiki. Hope it could be useful to anybody who wants to do something similar to what I am doing, is just interested in the behind-the-scenes thing, or can use it in any other way.http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/yeti/wiki/Techhttp://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/yeti/wiki/Code
both of these pages are accessible from the overview main page or through Wiki http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/yeti
- also, while fixing the animation I have created two new industries - currently missing 2-C farm and future 5-X trade port, you can see those in the Wiki/previews http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/yeti/wiki/Previews
... those industries will not be in 0.0.6 yet
- the devzone now builds YETI, so for the ultra cant-wait people, you can get YETI from https://jenkins.openttdcoop.org/job/yeti/
... but those versions are not very polished yet