Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

User avatar
Dave
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 17209
Joined: 26 Dec 2005 20:19
Location: Harringay, North London
Contact:

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Dave » 14 Jul 2018 22:07

This is magic, Andrew!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr


Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Kruemelchen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 132
Joined: 18 Feb 2017 17:47

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Kruemelchen » 15 Jul 2018 20:16

I really like this GRF, it's fun to play a post-apocalyptic game :D

It also runs well before 2077 if you play with vehicles new grf :)

However, I've spotted that the weight of passengers / wastelanders is 1 ton per person, which makes life really hard for the usual coach... As I am playing pre-2077 I can't compare it yet to the vehicles of this set, but I'm wondering if this is intentional?

User avatar
Andrew350
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor
Posts: 503
Joined: 19 Dec 2011 07:54
Location: Washington State, USA
Contact:

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Andrew350 » 15 Jul 2018 21:05

Kruemelchen wrote:I've spotted that the weight of passengers / wastelanders is 1 ton per person
Oops! Definitely not intended, probably should be .1 ton per person. I even went through the cargo weights and fixed some of them for this release, didn't think to check the passengers though :oops:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll fix it in the next release :)

Lesarthois
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 61
Joined: 29 Apr 2017 19:49

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Lesarthois » 19 Jul 2018 09:05

Kruemelchen wrote:wastelanders is 1 ton per person,
Damn those Level 80 Vault dwellers with tons of equipment!

Kruemelchen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 132
Joined: 18 Feb 2017 17:47

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Kruemelchen » 19 Jul 2018 22:34

Maybe they drank just way too much Nuka Cola :lol:

On Topic again, I also noticed Vehicles which normally wouldn't be able to transport CC_PASSENGER were able to transport if I recall correctly at least Wastelanders. Is this expected behaviour?

User avatar
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 3945
Joined: 16 Aug 2008 22:26
Skype: neko-master
Location: Oshawa, Ontario, CANADA

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by NekoMaster » 19 Jul 2018 23:29

Kruemelchen wrote:Maybe they drank just way too much Nuka Cola :lol:

On Topic again, I also noticed Vehicles which normally wouldn't be able to transport CC_PASSENGER were able to transport if I recall correctly at least Wastelanders. Is this expected behaviour?
I'd like to think that wastelanders dont have the money for proper transit so they have to make due with Boxcars, goods trucks, and what not
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

User avatar
Andrew350
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor
Posts: 503
Joined: 19 Dec 2011 07:54
Location: Washington State, USA
Contact:

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Andrew350 » 20 Jul 2018 00:41

Kruemelchen wrote:On Topic again, I also noticed Vehicles which normally wouldn't be able to transport CC_PASSENGER were able to transport if I recall correctly at least Wastelanders. Is this expected behaviour?
I'm assuming this is still with a separate vehicle set?

Passengers and Wastelanders fall in the same cargo classes, which include CC_PASSENGERS, but also CC_EXPRESS. I'm guessing that may be causing the weird behavior since typically CC_EXPRESS is meant for goods, not passengers.

It may also be due to the fact that Wastelanders use the "MAIL" cargo label, which might be hardcoded in some sets. Either way, I haven't been particularly careful to make this work with "normal" vehicle sets, since it is really meant to be played with vehicles designed for this set. If other vehicle grfs work then that is just a bonus :)

That said, I could probably remove the CC_EXPRESS cargo class from passengers since I'm 90% sure that is the cause, and I don't think there's any real reason to use it there (I think it's just a leftover from some early tests).

Kruemelchen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 132
Joined: 18 Feb 2017 17:47

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Kruemelchen » 20 Jul 2018 20:30

I guess this is probably what's causing this. Transporting Wastelanders as MAIL (basically wood class) totally makes sense to me :)

I think there's no reason why other vehicle sets wouldn't work well with your GRF. I think it works astonishingly awesome with my SUV set, as using this weak trucks (in 'rosty' CC livery) really makes the game challenging and created quite a desperate atmosphere. It has definitely been harder than I expected it to be, I really like it :D

User avatar
Andrew350
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor
Posts: 503
Joined: 19 Dec 2011 07:54
Location: Washington State, USA
Contact:

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Andrew350 » 29 Jul 2018 01:15

Been drawing a few simple buses:
Quigley & Co., 28th Apr 3000.png
Quigley & Co., 28th Apr 3000.png (61.72 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
This is just a preview of course; the final vehicles will likely be different. But progress :)

User avatar
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 3379
Joined: 17 Oct 2005 20:56
Location: Estonia

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by ISA » 30 Jul 2018 08:28

Very nice set coming along.

More I look these pictures I am thinking do You actually need to draw the sprites. Just take what You wish, save PNG as .jpg and Your sprite are done as the quality is lowered :D,

agentw4b
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 156
Joined: 14 Apr 2017 15:51
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by agentw4b » 06 Aug 2018 16:21

After fifty years of play, there was no food lab, cement plant, chemical plant.
It does not seem to me normal and complicates playing.

I turned on "Enable static secondary industries" before starting play. Do you think this has caused this?
Owner and admin of servers:Experimental games 01 (92.63.57.152:3979), Experimental games 02 (92.63.57.152:3879), Experimental games 03 (92.63.57.152:3779), Experimental games 04 (92.63.57.152:3679), Experimental games 05 (92.63.57.152:3579).
My heightmaps: Flat Earth Map and United nations logo
My scenarios: Game Fallout 1,2,3 Map scenario
My gamescripts: City Founder GS

User avatar
Andrew350
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor
Posts: 503
Joined: 19 Dec 2011 07:54
Location: Washington State, USA
Contact:

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Andrew350 » 07 Aug 2018 23:51

agentw4b wrote:After fifty years of play, there was no food lab, cement plant, chemical plant.
It does not seem to me normal and complicates playing.

I turned on "Enable static secondary industries" before starting play. Do you think this has caused this?
That is definitely not normal. Can you post the savegame where this occurs so I can look into it?

edit: just to clarify, when you say "before starting play", you do mean in the main menu prior to generating the map, correct?

agentw4b
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 156
Joined: 14 Apr 2017 15:51
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by agentw4b » 08 Aug 2018 04:51

Andrew350 wrote:
agentw4b wrote:After fifty years of play, there was no food lab, cement plant, chemical plant.
It does not seem to me normal and complicates playing.

I turned on "Enable static secondary industries" before starting play. Do you think this has caused this?
That is definitely not normal. Can you post the savegame where this occurs so I can look into it?

edit: just to clarify, when you say "before starting play", you do mean in the main menu prior to generating the map, correct?
Yes, I turned on this option before creating a map and then I played it for 50 years and the secondary industry did not build. Unfortunately, I do not have the original Sav file. I played it in multiplayer on my server. I started another game where I turned off this option and everything was normal again. I apologize for English, I use Google translators.
Owner and admin of servers:Experimental games 01 (92.63.57.152:3979), Experimental games 02 (92.63.57.152:3879), Experimental games 03 (92.63.57.152:3779), Experimental games 04 (92.63.57.152:3679), Experimental games 05 (92.63.57.152:3579).
My heightmaps: Flat Earth Map and United nations logo
My scenarios: Game Fallout 1,2,3 Map scenario
My gamescripts: City Founder GS

agentw4b
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 156
Joined: 14 Apr 2017 15:51
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by agentw4b » 08 Aug 2018 06:04

Andrew350 wrote: That is definitely not normal. Can you post the savegame where this occurs so I can look into it?
I started game again. Still no food lab, no cement plant, no chemical plant after 10 years.

I am sending you the scenario and the savegame.
Attachments
After 10years.sav
(333.38 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Fallout_123_game_map_scenario-3.tar
(290 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
industries.png
industries.png (27.57 KiB) Viewed 1314 times
Owner and admin of servers:Experimental games 01 (92.63.57.152:3979), Experimental games 02 (92.63.57.152:3879), Experimental games 03 (92.63.57.152:3779), Experimental games 04 (92.63.57.152:3679), Experimental games 05 (92.63.57.152:3579).
My heightmaps: Flat Earth Map and United nations logo
My scenarios: Game Fallout 1,2,3 Map scenario
My gamescripts: City Founder GS

User avatar
Andrew350
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor
Posts: 503
Joined: 19 Dec 2011 07:54
Location: Washington State, USA
Contact:

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Andrew350 » 08 Aug 2018 22:14

agentw4b wrote:I am sending you the scenario....
Before I get to the answer, a word of caution: that scenario is definitely corrupted. I can tell because the Water Pump industry available at game start (in Necropolis) is stuck on the 2x2 layout from previous versions, whereas the latest update (0.4.0) changed it to 3x3, and is incompatible with previous versions. There is no way to have that old layout present without having forced the incompatible 0.4 update onto an old save. Add to that the presence of several other corrupted industries and the evidence is pretty clear that that scenario has been compromised. Maybe things might seem to work okay for now, but the fact that GRFs were changed after creation completely voids any warranty of that game working properly. Please keep that in mind in the future; and remember new versions are incompatible for a reason!

Now, the reason you have no secondary industries is easy: your scenario doesn't include them from game start. The "Enable Static Secondary Industries" parameter forbids any secondary industries from closing down or spawning during the course of the game. Meaning, if you want any secondary industries with that setting turned on, they need to exist on the map already. This shouldn't be a problem with random map creation since the game should always force at least one instance of every industry, but when making a hand-made scenario like this, those industries must be placed before game start. :wink:

agentw4b
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager
Posts: 156
Joined: 14 Apr 2017 15:51
Location: Czech Republic

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by agentw4b » 09 Aug 2018 07:28

Andrew350 wrote:
agentw4b wrote:I am sending you the scenario....
Before I get to the answer, a word of caution: that scenario is definitely corrupted. I can tell because the Water Pump industry available at game start (in Necropolis) is stuck on the 2x2 layout from previous versions, whereas the latest update (0.4.0) changed it to 3x3, and is incompatible with previous versions. There is no way to have that old layout present without having forced the incompatible 0.4 update onto an old save. Add to that the presence of several other corrupted industries and the evidence is pretty clear that that scenario has been compromised. Maybe things might seem to work okay for now, but the fact that GRFs were changed after creation completely voids any warranty of that game working properly. Please keep that in mind in the future; and remember new versions are incompatible for a reason!

Now, the reason you have no secondary industries is easy: your scenario doesn't include them from game start. The "Enable Static Secondary Industries" parameter forbids any secondary industries from closing down or spawning during the course of the game. Meaning, if you want any secondary industries with that setting turned on, they need to exist on the map already. This shouldn't be a problem with random map creation since the game should always force at least one instance of every industry, but when making a hand-made scenario like this, those industries must be placed before game start. :wink:
OK thank you for answer. The game scenario was originally created on the lower version of NewGRF Wasteland. I created new version of scenario (on Bananas).
Owner and admin of servers:Experimental games 01 (92.63.57.152:3979), Experimental games 02 (92.63.57.152:3879), Experimental games 03 (92.63.57.152:3779), Experimental games 04 (92.63.57.152:3679), Experimental games 05 (92.63.57.152:3579).
My heightmaps: Flat Earth Map and United nations logo
My scenarios: Game Fallout 1,2,3 Map scenario
My gamescripts: City Founder GS

Kenny_AU
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Sep 2018 11:17

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - Testers wanted

Post by Kenny_AU » 18 Sep 2018 11:35

Andrew350 wrote:Ah, yes, that was an important part of the design. The way I've done that is by simply using the building_flag HOUSE_FLAG_ONLY_SE, which seems to allow those houses to be built only during town generation. :)
Hi Andrew350, loving the GRF and have played a few maps so far.
However, I am having issues with the building products are not accepted by towns.
What am I missing?

User avatar
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon
Posts: 1944
Joined: 03 Nov 2017 18:57
Location: Courbevoie, near Paris, France

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by acs121 » 18 Sep 2018 17:34

Check with terrain inspection tools (marked in the toolbar as this : ?) the acceptation of buildings. You need to have 8/8.

User avatar
Andrew350
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor
Posts: 503
Joined: 19 Dec 2011 07:54
Location: Washington State, USA
Contact:

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Andrew350 » 19 Sep 2018 01:13

Kenny_AU wrote:Hi Andrew350, loving the GRF and have played a few maps so far.
However, I am having issues with the building products are not accepted by towns.
What am I missing?
Hi Kenny, without any more details of what you're doing, I can only guess that there simply are no(t enough) shack buildings present in the town. There needs to be at least a few of them present within a station's catchment area for you to be able to deliver building materials to them. If shacks are not present, or are too spread out and not within range of the station, you won't be able to deliver building supplies.

Kenny_AU
Engineer
Engineer
Posts: 2
Joined: 18 Sep 2018 11:17

Re: Wasteland [WIP] - 0.4.0 Released July 8, 2018!

Post by Kenny_AU » 19 Sep 2018 02:06

Thanks Andrew350, in that case, what do the shack buildings look like in the towns? Can you supply a screenshot?

Post Reply

Return to “Graphics Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests