[OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

How do you use the regional parameters?

Only one region enabled
14%
Multiple regions (but not all) enabled
31%
All regions enabled
54%

Total votes: 138

Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML

Post by Transportman »

Emperor Jake wrote:
Transportman wrote:
Scratch that, I just did it.
Thank you Transportman :)

Now to get the reddit server admin to update the GRFs...
I only forgot to update the changelog in the release, and in my rush to fix it on the Devzone, I duplicated part of the 1.0 changelog instead of only including the 2.0-alpha1 changes... So I have to fix that, but who is looking at the changelog anyways?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Awesometrains »

Sylf wrote:
Awesometrains wrote:
Transportman wrote: It is pending. In principle it is coded, but I do not know who made the original sprites, so I can't include those sprites at the moment. If new sprites are provided, or the original artist steps forward (and agrees with a change of license to GPL2 if needed), it is just a matter of including those sprites and uncommenting two lines of code.
just use the sprite for the Ginzu A4
It is a terrible idea to reply to very old post without giving more context, or know the full, up-to-date context of that topic.
In this particular case, the sprite was already drawn.
OH...
BTW , cool sprite
Qa'pla!
RedEclipse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RedEclipse »

Not sure if its glitch, but for some reason train DB 601VT11 TEE (alike flying hamburger) cannot load passengers/mail.

upd. my mistake, everything works :o
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

RedEclipse wrote:Not sure if its glitch, but for some reason train DB 601VT11 TEE (alike flying hamburger) cannot load passengers/mail.

upd. my mistake, everything works :o
Can you explain what the problem was? Maybe something needs clarification in the game or in the readme.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

May I request a feature if it's not too difficult to add it?

I would like to be able to disable all maglev trains which come in the 2cc TrainsInNML, so that I can use the maglevs from the Modern Maglev Trains set instead. Some of the trains are included in both sets, and the Modern Maglev set won't be updated again for a while, if ever (according to the last post by the person who made it). I think it would also be useful if someone wanted to use the Monolev Replacement Set's trains.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Lionic
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lionic »

Almost completed my North American region game and would like to share my experience.

The region maybe the easiest for those who would like to have a profitable railway company running by the beginning of XX century. Engines are available early, their performance is the best for their time, some of the stuff designed in the beginning of XX century is going to survive until 2050 in my game. The region is the first to introduce 1000+ hp locomotive (2-8-0), 2000+ hp locomotive (Light Mikado), metro (Brooklyn Union Gate car). The best freight (Big Boy) and passenger (GS-4) steam locomotives also come from North America. Electrification is not necessary due to the availability of potent steamers and diesels, however EP-2 Bipolar and Pennsylvania GG-1 are well worth trying, introduction of 200kph+ passenger electric locomotives may also require an electrification. MU's and railbuses are uncommon and not very useful, except TurboTrain, LRC and Acela Express. Unfortunately no dedicated freight locomotives appear after 1983 (even though SD70 is available in Asia nd ES40 in Africa), therefore Trainmaster and DDA 40X remained in service decades after they were gone in the real life.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

SimYouLater wrote:May I request a feature if it's not too difficult to add it?

I would like to be able to disable all maglev trains which come in the 2cc TrainsInNML, so that I can use the maglevs from the Modern Maglev Trains set instead. Some of the trains are included in both sets, and the Modern Maglev set won't be updated again for a while, if ever (according to the last post by the person who made it). I think it would also be useful if someone wanted to use the Monolev Replacement Set's trains.
It's not difficult to add, but would require a parameter, just to disable a certain vehicle type. I'm not sure that is really worth it.

And what is the problem to not use the maglevs from this set?
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Transportman wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:May I request a feature if it's not too difficult to add it?

It's not difficult to add, but would require a parameter, just to disable a certain vehicle type. I'm not sure that is really worth it.

And what is the problem to not use the maglevs from this set?
True. Just a suggestion, I figured the answer might be no.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Hi

I m using your great set (2.0 alpha 1, that is on bananas )and i spotted a misalignment on some "early" passengers wagons, it seems to be a problem only in one direction (see screenshot)
Attachments
Compagnie Parisienne, 26 Mar 1868.png
(122.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

That indeed does not look right. Do you have a list with which wagons are affected? From your screenshot, it looks like only certain liveries are affected.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

no list, i only have seen this wagon from screenshot so far, i supose the name in english should be something along the line of : wood compartment car with 3 pair of wheels, and liveries are random so i have no clue what the name of that delivery.

and indeed only one wagon and delivery seems affected, also only in one direction (see new screenshot where i mounted all kind of passenger wagon available early game)
Attachments
Compagnie Parisienne, 14 Nov 1870.png
(96.52 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Thanks, I made an issue for it and will investigate and solve it. Probably is some wrong numbers in the code, or an alignment in the sprite file that is wrong, so should be an easy fix.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

I just pushed a set of changes to the repository, that contain the last vehicle that was waiting to be coded. It has been waiting for a year, but now it is in. It is also the first of its kind in the set, it is a MU that can transport goods.

Now there are only a lot of small issues to check (and hopefully no new things come up with the last vehicle).
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Transportman wrote:I just pushed a set of changes to the repository, that contain the last vehicle that was waiting to be coded. It has been waiting for a year, but now it is in. It is also the first of its kind in the set, it is a MU that can transport goods.

Now there are only a lot of small issues to check (and hopefully no new things come up with the last vehicle).
So that means theres a bunch of new stuff now? :)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

If you mean by bunch 1 new train and special MU wagons for it, then yes, there is a bunch of new stuff. Else there is just a new train.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Transportman wrote:If you mean by bunch 1 new train and special MU wagons for it, then yes, there is a bunch of new stuff. Else there is just a new train.
Well either way I updated and I'm finding a bunch of stuff I didn't see before, but then again I havent updated 2cc Trains in a while.
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Nice work.

I have a few questions regarding the vehicle fleet concept and specifically two vehicles. Thus far, I identified three cogwheel vehicles, which, by their technical nature with unusually high levels of tractive effort, allow the player to use extremely steep railways in a reasonably realistic manner.

- SBB CFe 3/3 (Electric railbus, Switzerland, 1911)
- MVR Beh 2/4 (Electric railbus, Switzerland, 1998)
- RFFSA He 4/4 (Electric Locomotive, Brazil, 2013)

a) Does the coding of the cogwheel railbuses mentioned below reflect this ability? The He 4/4 locomotive does, I just checked that (its adhesive effort would be only 240 kN), but I don't see a big deviation between other railbuses and the ones listed above.

b) Is there a chance for one or two earlier cogwheel locomotives and perhaps one more cogwheel railbus to fill these enormous timeline gaps? I think it's clear that the demand for this niche is too low to justify having cogwheel vehicles in all regions and from all power sources, but combined across all regions this might just be justifiable. In order to make players notice these unique abilities, could this be denoted in the buying menu somewhere? If you're interested in that idea, I'll do some research for fitting examples.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Valle wrote:a) Does the coding of the cogwheel railbuses mentioned below reflect this ability? The He 4/4 locomotive does, I just checked that (its adhesive effort would be only 240 kN), but I don't see a big deviation between other railbuses and the ones listed above.
Based on the TE-coefficients set, the RFFSA does seem to take this into account, the other two not (0.63 vs 0.15-0.27)
b) Is there a chance for one or two earlier cogwheel locomotives and perhaps one more cogwheel railbus to fill these enormous timeline gaps? I think it's clear that the demand for this niche is too low to justify having cogwheel vehicles in all regions and from all power sources, but combined across all regions this might just be justifiable. In order to make players notice these unique abilities, could this be denoted in the buying menu somewhere? If you're interested in that idea, I'll do some research for fitting examples.
Not sure if it would add much, they would probably just be added as regular locomotives without special treatments (such as railtypes). If they are added, I might tag them for names and purchase texts, as I also have some plans on that front (but I first want to release a 2.0.0 version before adding those purchase texts, as I need/want to rewrite some stuff to make it all a bit more easy to manage).
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

I like your idea of not forcing them into separate railtypes as it would cause unnecessary complexity. Names and purchase texts are what I had in mind, too - perhaps even a logo (like lightning over a cogwheel for an electric cogwheel vehicle).

The tractive effort of the RFFSA MRS He 4/4 is correct as it's officially rated at 760 kN (4x 60 kN adhesive + 4x 130 kN cogwheel).

That said, it looks like a simple coefficient wouldn't quite cut it. While looking up a few other cogwheeled locomotives, I noticed that the benefit of their cogwheels on the TE can vary quite significantly. For example, the MGB HGe 4/4 II is rated at 230 kN adhesive and 280 kN cogwheel. This is just an example I managed to find data for, it wouldn't fit into the set as it's too recent (taking the RFFSA MRS He 4/4 by Stadler into account) and a potential cheat vehicle with its adhesive top speed of 100 km/h).
Last edited by Valle on 24 Aug 2016 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Too bad there wasn't a way to code Cogwheel locomotives to increase TE when climbing a steep hill (ie multiple rail tails on an incline with no flat spots to make the line less difficult for regular locomotives to climb)

Return to “Graphics Development”