[OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

How do you use the regional parameters?

Only one region enabled
14%
Multiple regions (but not all) enabled
31%
All regions enabled
54%

Total votes: 138

Lionic
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [OTTD] 2cc TrainsInNML

Post by Lionic »

Does not matter. As long as it accelerates to maximum speed, I don't mind.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Some errors were found with the Turbobus, which have been fixed. There is however, still one error in, for some reason it does not make the articulated part needed for the 2/8 to complete the first 8/8 part to 10/8, but I can't find in the code what is going wrong. If anyone can take a look, that would be appreciated.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Since we now have 10/8 vehicles, do you want me to redraw it to 10/8 to make it simpler to code?
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

The sprites are already 10/8, I put it in the same template as your 10/8 railbuses. The issue is that vehicles longer than 8/8 aren't "officially" supported and must be "hacked" in by making it an articulated vehicle that looks like it's a single longer vehicle.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

A-ha, OK. Clear now.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Lionic
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lionic »

A bit of stupid question, but didn't we have Heavyweight coach capable of doing 177 kph? Or is it my imagination?
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Lionic wrote:A bit of stupid question, but didn't we have Heavyweight coach capable of doing 177 kph? Or is it my imagination?
Possibly, but that is the top speed of the NARS2 heavyweight coach
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Lionic wrote:A bit of stupid question, but didn't we have Heavyweight coach capable of doing 177 kph? Or is it my imagination?
I didn't change anything in that department recently, last changes to those files have been almost a year ago. Keep in mind that not all coaches are available in all regions, the heavyweights are only available in the North and South America and Oceania regions.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Lionic
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lionic »

Got one more small complaint. Currently playing as North America, first EMU comes in 1908. Dedicated MU wagons are not available by this date.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Lionic wrote:Got one more small complaint. Currently playing as North America, first EMU comes in 1908. Dedicated MU wagons are not available by this date.
Thanks, well spotted. I made an issue for it to keep track on it.

Some other news:
As some of you might have noticed, progress has been slow lately. This is largely on my end, last few weeks have been quite hectic on the personal level, and will remain so for the coming months. I still intend to finish this set, and release a new version somewhere in those coming months, but to do that I will place some issues on hold. This will mainly involve new features and probably some of the stat changes that are still pending, bug fixes and small improvements will still be included. After the next release, I will try to figure out something to allow me to have release bugfixes more often without having to care about new features that are not completely ready (which has been the case during the last year). I also expect this will allow me some more flexibility to work on things without having to complete them in one go.
DerekCZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DerekCZ »

Is there any practical use of service cars? Becouse they don't seem to have any (except eye-candy). I am not telling that they are useless, I like eyecandy stuff!
DerekCZ
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DerekCZ »

And, is it posible in NML that service cars will make train's reliability go down slower? Becouse, that's pretty much real-life purpose of service cars/cabooses. Just a little suggestion, ya 'now...
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

SPolygon wrote:And, is it posible in NML that service cars will make train's reliability go down slower? Becouse, that's pretty much real-life purpose of service cars/cabooses. Just a little suggestion, ya 'now...
I think it would be possible to do that in NML, but I see no real added value to include this feature.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Transportman wrote:
SPolygon wrote:And, is it posible in NML that service cars will make train's reliability go down slower? Becouse, that's pretty much real-life purpose of service cars/cabooses. Just a little suggestion, ya 'now...
I think it would be possible to do that in NML, but I see no real added value to include this feature.
Might be nice on long distance trains, even high reliability trains will wear out enough on longer journeys, which can cause ripping issues for heavily used networks (like passengers not getting places fast enough or getting picked up, thus lowering station ratings and company rating with towns)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Hey, I know not much progress has been made here lately, but after playing on a server which recently switched to the 2cc set, I realised just how outdated the version on Bananas is. There's no autorefit, many new trains are still missing and old bugs are still present. Would it be possible to release a recent nightly as a beta version on Bananas?
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Emperor Jake wrote:Hey, I know not much progress has been made here lately, but after playing on a server which recently switched to the 2cc set, I realised just how outdated the version on Bananas is. There's no autorefit, many new trains are still missing and old bugs are still present. Would it be possible to release a recent nightly as a beta version on Bananas?
Yes, that is certainly possible. There is one change I need to make before the current version would be good to upload (the articulated part of the Maglev railbus). I will try to do that somewhere this week or in the weekend.

Scratch that, I just did it.
Awesometrains
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Awesometrains »

Transportman wrote:
Twyster wrote:Is the LNER A4 still pending, or will it no longer feature in this set?
It is pending. In principle it is coded, but I do not know who made the original sprites, so I can't include those sprites at the moment. If new sprites are provided, or the original artist steps forward (and agrees with a change of license to GPL2 if needed), it is just a matter of including those sprites and uncommenting two lines of code.
just use the sprite for the Ginzu A4
Qa'pla!
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Awesometrains wrote:
Transportman wrote:
Twyster wrote:Is the LNER A4 still pending, or will it no longer feature in this set?
It is pending. In principle it is coded, but I do not know who made the original sprites, so I can't include those sprites at the moment. If new sprites are provided, or the original artist steps forward (and agrees with a change of license to GPL2 if needed), it is just a matter of including those sprites and uncommenting two lines of code.
just use the sprite for the Ginzu A4
It is a terrible idea to reply to very old post without giving more context, or know the full, up-to-date context of that topic.
In this particular case, the sprite was already drawn.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Transportman wrote:
Scratch that, I just did it.
Thank you Transportman :)

Now to get the reddit server admin to update the GRFs...

Return to “Graphics Development”