Polish PKP Set 2.0 - development thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Polish Trainset (PKP)

Post by TadeuszD »

Snail wrote:If you really wanted to be as realistic as possible, then you'd have to require heating only from November to April :p
It is not allways true. ;) Modern passenger carriages use heating power source for supplying air conditioning, lightning and other electric equipments over the whole year...
...not all the early wagons that did have brakes also had a brakeman's cab; there were wagons with an automatic braking system as early as 1870 (when the Westinghouse system was patented). So, a "braking" wagon would not necessarily need a cab. Don't know whether this was also the case with Polish trains though...
Yes, you right. The wagons with automatic brakes were known in Poland as early as you wrote. But the brakeman's cab is the nice "eye candy" addition which helps OTTD user to select proper wagon... ;)
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

TadeuszD wrote:
Snail wrote:If you really wanted to be as realistic as possible, then you'd have to require heating only from November to April :p
It is not allways true. ;) Modern passenger carriages use heating power source for supplying air conditioning, lightning and other electric equipments over the whole year...
True, but those modern wagons will be coupled with modern engines, which will most likely provide the electric power needed for all that. I've never seen a heating van being used any later than the early Eighties.
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Snail wrote:...those modern wagons will be coupled with modern engines, which will most likely provide the electric power needed for all that. I've never seen a heating van being used any later than the early Eighties.
Yes, it is. Polish PKP Set distinguish two types of heating system - steam and electric. The heating van produces only steam (like steam engine) and can be used only with old carriages with steam heating system. Modern carriages have electric heating system and need modern engines with electric system too.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

TadeuszD wrote:
Snail wrote:...those modern wagons will be coupled with modern engines, which will most likely provide the electric power needed for all that. I've never seen a heating van being used any later than the early Eighties.
Yes, it is. Polish PKP Set distinguish two types of heating system - steam and electric. The heating van produces only steam (like steam engine) and can be used only with old carriages with steam heating system. Modern carriages have electric heating system and need modern engines with electric system too.
Oh, so you're using electric heating vans when you couple modern carriages with old diesels that can't provide electric heating? I see. I've never seen that combination in other countries (usually what they do is to refit old diesels so that they can produce the electricity required for the coaches).
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Snail wrote:Oh, so you're using electric heating vans when you couple modern carriages with old diesels that can't provide electric heating?
No, there is no electric heating wagons in Poland... Using diesels with passenger trains is a little complicated. It depends on diesel engine type.
In the rule, freight diesel engines have no heating system at all. You can use those engines only in combination with heating wagon and old passenger cars. Some diesel engines dedicated for passenger trains are equiped with steam boiler, which produces steam for heating. And some "modern" passenger diesel engines are equiped with electric generator, which allows use this engines with modern carriages. You can find all necessary information in OTTD purchase menu.

The same problem applies to old electric engines. The first polish electric engine (EP01) has no heating system. It requires additional heating wagon for passenger trains.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Kogut wrote:
TadeuszD wrote:
Kogut wrote:Livestock carried in "goods wagon" - looks properly, but name is weird.
"universal..." or "generic box car" will be better?
It would be less weird, but I would wait for a native speaker.
I decided to use english names from UIC classifications. In this case "ordinary covered wagon" or simply "covered wagon" should be used.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Next stage in Polish PKP Set development. I've created additional ZOOM_LEVEL_IN_2X graphics in 8bpp for most used wagons. Ultimately, all wagons and engines will have zoom 2X graphics. It means that I must prepare almost 1000 sprites...
Attachments
ZOOM_2X-1.png
ZOOM_2X-1.png (47.03 KiB) Viewed 4772 times
ZOOM_2X-2.png
ZOOM_2X-2.png (49.76 KiB) Viewed 4772 times
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

kamnet wrote:Those 2x 8bpp sprites look great!
+1. These looks great.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

That's totally epic. Awesome!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Will this removes 32bpp in the future ? :mrgreen:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

YNM wrote:Will this removes 32bpp in the future ? :mrgreen:
Why not? ;) Only 8bpp mode supports advanced techniques like palette recoloring. I'm using this techniques in my set for cargo recoloring and switching on/off lights at the end of the train. So, 32bpp mode is completely useless for me... :roll:
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

LONG LIVE PIXEL ART ! :lol:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

I wonder how one of your set's engine would look like in 32bpp
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

YNM wrote:LONG LIVE PIXEL ART ! :lol:
8bpp vs. 32bpp ≠ Pixel art vs. Not pixel art
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Supercheese wrote:
YNM wrote:LONG LIVE PIXEL ART ! :lol:
8bpp vs. 32bpp ≠ Pixel art vs. Not pixel art
Indeed. It's always nice to be able to pick colors outside of the 8bpp palette. Sometimes you need a color the TT palette just isn't providing.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

My first engine repainted in ZOOM_LEVEL_IN_2X. Of course, it is still in 8bpp mode. ;)
Attachments
Ty2.png
Ty2.png (5.58 KiB) Viewed 5317 times
Klaasgras
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Klaasgras »

Looks good!
Here, take a look a my screenshot thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59701
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

:shock: epic!
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

TadeuszD wrote:My first engine repainted in ZOOM_LEVEL_IN_2X. Of course, it is still in 8bpp mode. ;)
That looks very, very impressive! Great work!
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread

Return to “Graphics Development”