Polish PKP Set 2.0 - development thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Jogio
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Polish Trainset (PKP)

Post by Jogio »

Hi,
I made a german translation for your set. Maybe you can add it in your next version.
You can find it on the new translation site on the devzone.

I think there are some small mistakes in a few English strings:

Code: Select all

STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_MCAR        :You can not attach motor car as an ordinary wagon.
STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_EZT1        :Incompatible couplers. You can not couple EMUs and clasic engines/wagons.
STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_TROLLEY     :Incompatible types. You can not couple trolley and clasic engines/wagons.
STR_TRAIN_TOO_LONG              :There is too many vechicles attached to {STRING}.

Bye.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Jogio wrote:I made a german translation for your set. Maybe you can add it in your next version.
You can find it on the new translation site on the devzone.
Thanks! I will add it to newer version of my set. :)
I changed described english strings. I hope, now it is better:

STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_MCAR        :You can not use motor car as an ordinary wagon.
STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_EZT2        :Incompatible couplers. You can not couple EMUs because of different types of couplers.
STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_EZT1        :Incompatible couplers. You can not couple EMUs with clasic engines/wagons. 
STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_TROLLEY     :Incompatible types. You can not couple trolley with clasic engines/wagons. 
STR_TRAIN_TOO_LONG              :There are too many vechicles attached to {STRING}.
Jogio
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jogio »

Hmm, there are still some typos. (clasic->classic, vechicles->vehicles)
Grammar is hard for me, too. I think my English is hardly better than yours. So I don't wanted to suggest what is better then the old strings. But this is what I would write:

STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_MCAR        :You can not use a motor car as an ordinary wagon.
STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_EZT2        :Incompatible couplers. You can not couple EMUs because of different types of couplers.
STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_EZT1        :Incompatible couplers. You can not couple EMUs with classic engines/wagons. 
STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_TROLLEY     :Incompatible types. You can not couple trolleys with classic engines/wagons. 
STR_TRAIN_TOO_LONG              :There are too many vehicles attached to {STRING}.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Thanks! I've corrected this typos. :)

New version Polish PKP Set 2.0.8 is now available from bananas. :D
Bob_Mackenzie
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bob_Mackenzie »

STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_MCAR :You cannot use a motor car as an ordinary wagon.
STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_EZT2 :Incompatible couplers. You cannot couple these EMUs because of different types of couplers.
STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_EZT1 :Incompatible couplers. You cannot couple these EMUs with classical engines or wagons.
STR_ATTACH_DISALLOW_TROLLEY :Incompatible types. You cannot couple a trolley with classical engines or wagons.
STR_TRAIN_TOO_LONG :There are too many vehicles attached to {STRING}.

I'm not sure classical is the word you want, but I'm not sure how the set works. Would ordinary or normal be a better word?

Cheers

Bob
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

"conventional"?
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Bob_Mackenzie wrote:I'm not sure classical is the word you want, but I'm not sure how the set works. Would ordinary or normal be a better word?
In this text "classical" means "typical", "standardized". "Normal" seems good word too.
praguzz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by praguzz »

Those 2x8bpp Sprite is Awesome. However, Is this Intentional?
Attachments
Seeninghill Transport, 22nd Jul 1945.png
(42.77 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

The german class 52 (polish Ty2) (simplified war-version of the german class 50) is designed especially for smaller branch lines, which often have rather small turntables, which the engine would not fit on, so it is designed to go backwards at the same speed as forwards.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

The links in first post are not working, any chance of a fix?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Jolteon wrote:The links in first post are not working, any chance of a fix?
The first post is very old... Maybe it should be good idea to split this thread for old and new version of this set?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

TadeuszD wrote:
Jolteon wrote:The links in first post are not working, any chance of a fix?
The first post is very old... Maybe it should be good idea to split this thread for old and new version of this set?
Then please report the posting which you want to be the start of the new thread with an appropriate request :-)
hippeebus
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Polish PKP Set 2.0 - development thread

Post by hippeebus »

Howdy all, long time no post. Noticed when playing with the PKP Set a slight issue - namely, the EU44 "Husarz" is unusable, as it claims a heating mismatch regardless of the number of carriages attatched to it and the fact that it generates 450kw of heating power.

Is it just something with my game, or do others have this problem? It seems odd for it to only occur for the one locomotive type.
Long Time Member, Sporadic Poster, Always Drunk.
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

hippeebus wrote:..the EU44 "Husarz" is unusable, as it claims a heating mismatch regardless of the number of carriages attatched to it and the fact that it generates 450kw of heating power..
This bug was fixed in version 2.0.8. Please download it from bananas. ;)
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

On https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/pkpset/files I uploaded the test version of new PKP Set 2.0 release (2.0.9). Welcome to test it! :)

List of changes:
New wagons added: Eamos, Tadns, WLABd and Bh("bonanza"),
Loading_speed property changed for Eaos, Res, Sgs, Fals, Falns and Gags,
Model_life property changed for Kddet,
Running_cost_factor property changed for Bipa,
Visual glitches fixed in Habbins,
Cargo_age_period for A/Bdnu differs for 1st and 2nd class,
Visual glitches fixed in SU45 and SU46,
Refit to MAIZ allowed for normal covered wagons (i.e. Kdt, Kddet, Gags),
Refit to MAIZ disallowed for normal self-discharging wagons (Fals, Falns),
New translations added: Croatian and Spanish (not completed).
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

I uploaded new test version of Polish PKP Set 2.0.10 to https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/pkpset/files . Welcome to test it! :)

List of changes:
New wagons added: A/B9mnopuz, Sdgmnss,
Refit option to shorten version (3- or 2-part) added to double-deck carriage Bipa,
Corrected problem with non-zero refit cost and TRAIN_FLAG_AUTOREFIT flag,
Autorefit option added to almost all wagons, except post vans and freight wagons which change your apperance after refit,
Refit cost added for passenger wagons, when rebuilt to first or second class,
Cargo subtype strings changed to allow refiting more than one type of passenger wagons at one time,
Increased running costs for all wagons.

Described changes triggers changes in language files. Translators, please look at the corresponding files in https://translator.openttdcoop.org/project/pkpset

Additionaly, I added in this version a new rolling stock painted in ZOOM_LEVEL_IN_2X:
Attachments
New rolling stock in ZOOM_LEVEL_IN_2X
New rolling stock in ZOOM_LEVEL_IN_2X
Pddk30-demo.png (53.84 KiB) Viewed 4005 times
Manuel18
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Manuel18 »

TadeuszD wrote:I uploaded new test version of Polish PKP Set 2.0.10 to https://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/pkpset/files . Welcome to test it! :)

List of changes:
New wagons added: A/B9mnopuz, Sdgmnss,
Refit option to shorten version (3- or 2-part) added to double-deck carriage Bipa,
Corrected problem with non-zero refit cost and TRAIN_FLAG_AUTOREFIT flag,
Autorefit option added to almost all wagons, except post vans and freight wagons which change your apperance after refit,
Refit cost added for passenger wagons, when rebuilt to first or second class,
Cargo subtype strings changed to allow refiting more than one type of passenger wagons at one time,
Increased running costs for all wagons.

Described changes triggers changes in language files. Translators, please look at the corresponding files in https://translator.openttdcoop.org/project/pkpset

Additionaly, I added in this version a new rolling stock painted in ZOOM_LEVEL_IN_2X:
Really nice. I think you need help with Spanish i could help you. BTW i've finished the direct translation "English - Spanish" here you have a TXT.
Attachments
Es_Es.txt
(13.41 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198029896773]Image[/url]
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

Manuel18 wrote:I think you need help with Spanish i could help you. BTW i've finished the direct translation "English - Spanish" here you have a TXT.
All translations are located in https://translator.openttdcoop.org/project/pkpset .
You can find the existing Spanish translation at https://translator.openttdcoop.org/tran ... pset/es_ES . Is this Spanish translation wrong?
TadeuszD
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by TadeuszD »

I decided to add a few tips for translators:

1) For strings:

STR_ABDHMNU_NAME
STR_AB9MNOPUZ_NAME
Names "InterCity" and "EuroCity" means train categories used in Europe. InterCity means train category dedicated for high speed communication inside the country. EuroCity means cross-border train category within the European rail network ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroCity ). "InterCity" and "EuroCity" names should not be translated to local languages.

2) For strings:

STR_SUBTYPE_OLD_xxCLASS
STR_SUBTYPE_NEW_xxCLASS
The subtype "OLD" means passenger coaches where seating places are arranged in classic compartments. Typically there are 6 or 8 seats in one compartment. Compartments are separated from the corridor by doors. The subtype "NEW" means passenger coaches with seats arranged in an open layout (aircraft-style). Those two types of seating arrangement should be translated to local languages if they have its jargon names.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

TadeuszD wrote: The subtype "OLD" means passenger coaches where seating places are arranged in classic compartments. Typically there are 6 or 8 seats in one compartment. Compartments are separated from the corridor by doors. The subtype "NEW" means passenger coaches with seats arranged in an open layout (aircraft-style).
Some nit-picking here. :cool:

The correct term would be "open coach", and these aren´t "new", but were already invented in the US before 1850. It was only in some parts of Europe, that they were used much later, but some railway companies over here were using those "American coaches" right from the start, for all of their trains.

And the prototype for this kind of design isn´t "aircraft", but it´s the passenger cabins of American river steamers. Passenger planes were invented only very much later.

Other than this, nice drawing.

regards
Michael

Return to “Graphics Development”