Fake Airport Anthology - Development & Test Release Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Fake Airport Anthology - Development & Test Release Thre

Post by STD »

kamnet wrote:Introducing the new corner connector, and rotated view of the hotel entrance.
Looks very good on the screenshot :) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Fake Airport Anthology: RST Unified - version 0.1 beta release

I've still got about 30-50 sprites left to work on and encode, but here's a small test release, mostly focusing on the new terminal and hotel (old terminal) buildings from the previous Fake Diagonal Airports releases. Released under GPL v2 license. Do NOT use this in games you expect to be able to continue playing or distributing, as station IDs will most likely change in future versions. I'm releasing this for feedback and reporting of any bugs (color issues, sprite misalignments, etc.).
Attachments
faa-rst.grf
(98.28 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

kamnet wrote:Nine downloads, no comments?
faa.png
faa.png (101.17 KiB) Viewed 1984 times
Then I will tell my opinion. Here's a screenshot. Downloaded and decided to test. Looks beautiful. All elements of the approach to the airport. So to say fit well. Waiting for the next version :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Looks very nice, but I'm not a fan of huge airports. Are there any plans for fake buildings to go with the smaller airports?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Purno wrote:Looks very nice, but I'm not a fan of huge airports. Are there any plans for fake buildings to go with the smaller airports?
Rspeed never drew any, so there aren't any immediate plans. That said, one of the new terminal auxiliary buildings that I've drawn could probably double as a smaller building, and based on RSpeed's style I could possibly come up with others. I'll take a look into it when I a chance later in the week.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

While not exactly the same as this, there's the OpenGFX Airports as Objects grf on Bananas, which has the sprites used for small airports. It doesn't have anything the normal (small) airports have, but it's a start at least.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

After taking a look over all of RSpeed's sprites, I don't think I could use anything from his work to create a small building that would be of any good looking use. So, I think I'll leave that out for this round. That said, I do plan on some other versions of this set that are not based on RSpeed's work, and can look at developing some new buildings, possibly in better scale to OpenGFX's building design.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

CHIPS has an interesting building that looks nice with the small airport:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 0#p1078219
The storage hut.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Man... sickening news... my online backup cloud service inadvertently deleted ALL my work. No way to recover it. :-( Unless there's a copy on my laptop that hasn't been deleted, which I'm doubtful of. I'm so completely distraught.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

kamnet wrote:Man... sickening news... my online backup cloud service inadvertently deleted ALL my work. No way to recover it. :-( Unless there's a copy on my laptop that hasn't been deleted, which I'm doubtful of. I'm so completely distraught.
I see you've encountered one of the downsides of relying on cloud storage. Bummer. :(
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The bad part isn't the cloud storage per-se, the bad part is that it synced its corrupted online storage to my local files. :-(
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

That sucks! So sorry! This is one of the reasons I love my USB sticks...
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Isn't storing files on the cloud sort of like keeping all one's money in a bank in Cyprus? :P
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

That's why I've always preferred to upload any work on these forums, so I know they're safely at the place they belong. Even though browsing to lots of attachments takes some time, I'll find it eventually.

Good luck kamnet. This is a pretty demotivating situation.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The OpenTTD angels were watching me, and in my time of trouble hid my work away in a secret location, unknown even to the clouds!

Found my most recent work on my laptop's hard drive, for some reason NOT synced to my Box account. All is preserved.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

kamnet wrote:The OpenTTD angels were watching me, and in my time of trouble hid my work away in a secret location, unknown even to the clouds!

Found my most recent work on my laptop's hard drive, for some reason NOT synced to my Box account. All is preserved.
'Tis a Christmas miracle! :)
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

kamnet wrote:Found my most recent work on my laptop's hard drive, for some reason NOT synced to my Box account. All is preserved.
BAH HUMBUG! That cursed un-syncable Molly Brown strikes again! :P

:lol:

Return to “Graphics Development”