"Iron Horse" - A modular train set based slightly in reality

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: "Iron Horse" - A modular train set based slightly in rea

Post by andythenorth »

Release Candidate 1 (RC1) now on Bananaaaaas.

(and also we need a release thread...)

-- Release Candidate 1 --

*New Features / Changes*

- set buy and run costs for all wagons
- sprites for generation 3 hopper car
- use company colours on generation 3 box car
- separate speed limit for narrow gauge wagons

*Language Updates*

- Afrikaans (Telanus)
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Noice work Andy :)
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Noice work painting that covered hopper white Andy :)
kackofant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kackofant »

still waiting for continental europe roster :O
kackofant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kackofant »

i just wanted to make sure you do not change to my development speed :p (and scince the brittish roster is well choses, i am a bit impatient to see what your mind offers for this one...)
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Some remarks after intensive multiplayer session with ECS and ccargodist enabled.

1. old railways stock should expire (there is never_expire_vehicles setting for those who want have steam forever).

2. freight cars cargo class definition is very common - for example oil can be transported not only in tank,
but also box or open car. ECS oil seeds can be transported in open car despite of their CC_COVERED bitmask.
In my opinion, it is not a good feature to have too much refit options, because use of autorefit become unpredictable.
I suggest to apply more strict cargo classes allow/definition bitmask, at least for normal gauge freight cars.

3. Freight cars can be attached to metro units, is it intended?

4. Mixed passenger/express freight car is awesome for goods/supply distribution, such feature should be in every set.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

McZapkie wrote:3. Freight cars can be attached to metro units, is it intended?
Interesting. How did you get the freight cars to build in a metro depot? :) They don't appear in the buy menu for the metro railtype that Termite provides.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

andythenorth wrote:How did you get the freight cars to build in a metro depot?
Nutrack 247. Probably it is a nutrack issue, old 1.1.2 allows only metro vehicles in depot.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

McZapkie wrote:Nutrack 247. Probably it is a nutrack issue, old 1.1.2 allows only metro vehicles in depot.
Plausible. If a railtypes grf is in use, then vehicle<->track compatibility is determined by that railtypes grf.

I would rather the vehicle set provided the track too, but I'd get yelled at for that, because it restricts player choices, and imposes possibly unwanted stuff on players. So eh. :twisted:
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

NuTracks doesn't include "metro" tracks anymore, only regular tracks with third rail electrification. Those, of course, can be used by regular steam and diesel trains too. If you want to enforce a separate metro network, you'll need to use the Metro Track Set and disable third-rail-equipped tracks in the NuTracks parameters. (I removed the metro tracks after 1.1.2 because they didn't fit the "just tracks with speed limits" theme, because of the Metro Track Set, and probably because it meant less to recode...)
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

Having a similar issue with NuTracks and 2ccTrainsInNML, where if using NuTracks 2.0r247, it does not allow upgrade regular tracks with electrified ones, complaining that no compatible match is found, when using r239, everything works just fine.
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

what is a combine car ? i'm translating missing strings and no idea of what it is (can't install it to check atm.)

found out...some car that can take mail pax and warez
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

andythenorth wrote:
McZapkie wrote:Nutrack 247. Probably it is a nutrack issue, old 1.1.2 allows only metro vehicles in depot.
I would rather the vehicle set provided the track too, but I'd get yelled at for that, because it restricts player choices, and imposes possibly unwanted stuff on players. So eh. :twisted:
Couldn't a track set be included with this GRF set but with a paremeter to switch off incase the user doesnt want to use it?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

it's not only rude, but it also opens up a myriad of technical problems, should the player combine multiple sets that act the same way. not all people that experiment with NewGRFs know the consequences of certain features, or even the existence of parameters.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Then wouldn't the polite way be to include a rail set that a user must activate in parameters?

Return to “Graphics Development”