"Iron Horse" - A modular train set based slightly in reality

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

RichardJGE
Engineer
Engineer

Re: "Iron Horse" - A modular train set based slightly in reality

Post by RichardJGE »

Sylf wrote:It's because of two things happening:

1. train 1 is lost. train 1 is trying to go to the other station on the line, but cannot find a direct path to it (yet).
2. there's a piece of extra rail hidden behind trees.

Because of these two things, train 1 is entering that extra half tile rail - the path of least resistance. The unscheduled station and back-facing path signals are both considered source of resistance (penalty) according to YAPF path finder used in the game.

Now, let's dettach this latest thread and move it to OpenTTD Problems, as this has nothing to do with Iron Horse?
Ah, thank you for clearing that up. So if the path of least resistance involves a block, the train shall ignore it.

Yes, I am relieved that it has nothing to do with IH.

Best,
R.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Nice!
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Also repainted the NARS doodlebug and some coaches :) The screenshot shows the effect I wanted - the big modern diesels are much bigger than some of the older / smaller vehicles ;)
Attachments
antelope_2.png
antelope_2.png (144.58 KiB) Viewed 4699 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Nice to see progress :)

Two questions though: Will this roster contain the old electrics that DanMack drew a couple pages back? And will it be possible to combine rosters? (e.g. British + American)
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Emperor Jake wrote:Will this roster contain the old electrics that DanMack drew a couple pages back?
Nah, they're for something else, later ;)
And will it be possible to combine rosters? (e.g. British + American)
Nah, although it would be quite a trivial change in NML for anyone who wants to do it themselves and recompile.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

andythenorth wrote:Two more. :) Twin-pack freight loco, and a small narrow-gauge loco.
Looking good!
However, the shading is wrong in the NW-SE view (especially the cab). Are the diagonal views simply mirrored? :p
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Snail wrote:However, the shading is wrong in the NW-SE view (especially the cab). Are the diagonal views simply mirrored? :p
Yes. I've stopped shading 'correctly', the original sprites often don't do this, and it makes drawing very much slower.
The — views are also 'wrong'. :) But it looks ok in game.
kackofant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kackofant »

greetings!

i barely play ottd these days... but was zum fick?! the new african roster is great... even it lacks some african terrain. especially the hofman garatt is a gem!

is there any chance to include the old german engines in the early roster of this set? if you want i can provide some more informations :)
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

There will be a german / dutch tank engine :D The other stuff we'll include originates from multiple countries, or is made up ;)

There is a matching FIRS economy for the African roster - "In a Hot Country", which will be available in FIRS 2 (released "soon") or is in the nightly FIRS builds. :)

http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/push/
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/pus ... ot_country
kackofant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kackofant »

thats an information :) (regarding firs). may ottd gets interesting again? the iron horse south america roster was a great step in the right direction.

and my questions was a bit odd vebrlaise verbalised, sorry. but i will see what comes up. at least it look very promissing atm.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

The Big Goat Locomotive reminds me of a GE U50 or Alco Century 855, in size and power :P Was that intended or purely conuincidental that it looks similiar IMO
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Shinkansen500
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Shinkansen500 »

Great Newgrf set. I Love Iron Horse, but i have only one question. Is not possible to use all the roster trains "Pony", "Llama" and "Antelope" together? I don´t know with this is possible, to add a option to avaliable all trains together?
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Shinkansen500 wrote: Is not possible to use all the roster trains "Pony", "Llama" and "Antelope" together?
Nah. :) Playing with multiple simultaneously rosters was considered a couple of times and ruled out. The goal of Iron Horse is to have only a limited selection of trains available.

Players who really want to have multiple rosters active can get the source code and make that change for themselves. ;)

http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/iro ... repository
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

andythenorth wrote:
Shinkansen500 wrote: Is not possible to use all the roster trains "Pony", "Llama" and "Antelope" together?
Nah. :) Playing with multiple simultaneously rosters was considered a couple of times and ruled out. The goal of Iron Horse is to have only a limited selection of trains available.

Players who really want to have multiple rosters active can get the source code and make that change for themselves. ;)

http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/iro ... repository
Because I'm not a coder (can't manage to wrap my head around coding in general) I hope that it won't be too much to ask if someone could build a "All Roster" version of Iron Horse. I like the line up of vehicles in Iron Horse though for sets like these I like to have everything available.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “Graphics Development”