SkiddLow's Road Vehicles formerly IRVS

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Indonesian Road Vehicles Set (IRVS)

Post by Supercheese »

UseYourIllusion wrote:And then downscale it to 8bpp?
If you want. You might as well leave it 32bpp, though, there's little reason not to. You can just provide a batch-converted 8bpp sprite, since 8bpp sprites are required, but such a conversion takes very little time.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

Again :

Agya/Ayla

Intro : 2013

Speed : 28 m/s

Brio

Intro : 2012

Speed : 22 m/s
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

Found :

Vios

Intro : 2003

Withdrawn : N/A

Speed : 24 m/s (2003)
26 m/s (2006)
27 m/s (2013)
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Found loads more for you....
Good luck with drawing.....
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

Wait a minute, how come there's not traffic jams in the Transjakarta busway lanes as well? Traffic that heavy should force cars to move to the busway lanes as well.
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
praguzz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by praguzz »

UseYourIllusion wrote:Wait a minute, how come there's not traffic jams in the Transjakarta busway lanes as well? Traffic that heavy should force cars to move to the busway lanes as well.
Because the Transjakarta Bus Lane is exclusive for the Transjakarta Buses. Why bother making an exclusive bus lane if any vehicle can use it :)
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

praguzz wrote:
UseYourIllusion wrote:Wait a minute, how come there's not traffic jams in the Transjakarta busway lanes as well? Traffic that heavy should force cars to move to the busway lanes as well.
Because the Transjakarta Bus Lane is exclusive for the Transjakarta Buses. Why bother making an exclusive bus lane if any vehicle can use it :)
If you've ever been to Jakarta you can see there are many vehicles which violates this rule. Vehicles, especially during heavy traffic, move into the busway lanes as an attempt to get to the destination faster. However, this jams the busway lanes so not only are the vehicles jammed but more importantly the Transjakarta buses as well, so the busway lanes become useless.
praguzz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by praguzz »

UseYourIllusion wrote:
praguzz wrote:
If you've ever been to Jakarta you can see there are many vehicles which violates this rule. Vehicles, especially during heavy traffic, move into the busway lanes as an attempt to get to the destination faster. However, this jams the busway lanes so not only are the vehicles jammed but more importantly the Transjakarta buses as well, so the busway lanes become useless.
I'm aware of that, That's why now some part of the bus lanes are protected by a barrier guarded by police officer. The TransJakarta bus are made to force people to use the public transport right? so the Traffic Jam problem in Jakarta can be relieved.

and also, Happy Holiday!
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

praguzz wrote:I'm aware of that, That's why now some part of the bus lanes are protected by a barrier guarded by police officer. The TransJakarta bus are made to force people to use the public transport right? so the Traffic Jam problem in Jakarta can be relieved.
Not really, people would rather stay in their cars/motorbikes than being crushed in the old, dirty buses, because they run infrequently. Also, you wouldn't want to risk being molested.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

People, don't speak about our bad behavior on an international forum. Our Ministry of Tourism is going to be very pissed. :mrgreen:

To clear up : That's Thamprin road, which entering the dedicated lane AT ANY OCCASION will be fined by the police.

Anyway, when are you gonna start drawing ? Just post it up with the specs and I'll code them and compile them into an usable GRF.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

YNM wrote:People, don't speak about our bad behavior on an international forum. Our Ministry of Tourism is going to be very pissed. :mrgreen:
This is a transport-related forum. Of course we talk about problems about transport in our countries.
YNM wrote:To clear up : That's Thamprin road, which entering the dedicated lane AT ANY OCCASION will be fined by the police.
I don't know, a few weeks ago I was there and plenty of cars went into the lane, including the car we hired. The driver didn't get fined.
YNM wrote:Anyway, when are you gonna start drawing ? Just post it up with the specs and I'll code them and compile them into an usable GRF.
When I master the tutorials (which will probably take a long time) :(
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

YNM wrote:
UseYourIllusion wrote:
YNM wrote:Draw road vehicles !
I'll try, but I need specifications (length, height etc.)
You could look up some tutorial to draw a (quite) correct size for (O)TTD(P). For actual vehicle height, length, and width, you could look up at their respective official site (ie. Toyota, Honda etc).
So I had a go drawing the side view of the articulated bus of Transjakarta. Again, please fix mistakes, especially at the 'bendy' part.
transjakarta.png
transjakarta.png (2.1 KiB) Viewed 4216 times
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

I don't think the perspective on that is correct. In OTTD, we should be looking at the bus from a higher angle, as if you were above it rather than at the same level. For example, here are some quick renders I made of this model using this plugin. You can see the different, higher angle for the West-facing view.
Attachments
Transjakarta.png
Transjakarta.png (132.57 KiB) Viewed 4210 times

TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

Supercheese wrote:I don't think the perspective on that is correct. In OTTD, we should be looking at the bus from a higher angle, as if you were above it rather than at the same level. For example, here are some quick renders I made of this model using this plugin. You can see the different, higher angle for the West-facing view.
Oops :lol: I tried to follow the tutorial here, and there was a picture of the side view of a bus so I assumed I just draw the side view (there wasn't any picture with a roof showing clearly)!

Plus how do you convert the 3D-sprite colours to match the TTD pallette properly? It's possible to convert the colours with GIMP but it looks horrible and doesn't look like TTD-style graphics.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

UseYourIllusion wrote:Plus how do you convert the 3D-sprite colours to match the TTD pallette properly? It's possible to convert the colours with GIMP but it looks horrible and doesn't look like TTD-style graphics.
Well, raw conversion from 32bpp to 8bpp indexed will almost certainly end poorly due to the drastically reduced color options in the 8bpp colormap, and there's little to be done other than manually retouching the areas with poor coloration. However, I see little reason to care about this when you can always have 32bpp sprites displayed. 8bpp sprites seem to be still mandatory (legacy support, likely) but you can tell OTTD to always use your grf's 32bpp sprites and ignore the 8bpp ones. My Fake Subways grf does this and it seems to work just fine; the 8bpp sprites are never displayed.

YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

UseYourIllusion wrote:So I had a go drawing the side view of the articulated bus of Transjakarta. Again, please fix mistakes, especially at the 'bendy' part.
transjakarta.png
Looking good ! 7 more views to go, and don't forget your mistake that Supercheese mentioned !

Also, could you (at one point, because I haven't understood much how to code them properly either) draw articulated parts of articulated buses separately ? just some request, quite easy to take-edit-fit too through.
Supercheese wrote:here are some quick renders I made
You have any ideas of how to properly using 32bpp images in NML Supercheese ? I do aware that it's doable,but I wonder how.
Last edited by YNM on 11 Aug 2013 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

YNM wrote:You have any ideas of how to properly using 32bpp images in NML Supercheese ? I do aware that it's doable,but I wonder how.
http://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/NMLTutorial/32_bit_sprites ;)

YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

I've predicted you'll just link me to the wiki actually :mrgreen:
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

Supercheese wrote:the 8bpp sprites are never displayed.
unless someone forces OpenTTD to use 8bpp per command line parameter/config file option.
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Eddi wrote:
Supercheese wrote:the 8bpp sprites are never displayed.
unless someone forces OpenTTD to use 8bpp per command line parameter/config file option.
Sure, I guess. But when would anyone do this...?

Return to “Graphics Development”