New Temperate carriage (Done)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

ChrisCF wrote:The de-GPLing of that annoyed me quite a bit. You can learn quite a bit from looking at the DB set, and Michael has essentially stopped people from doing that. Not smart.
Well, as a practical matter you can do what you like with it, it is inconceivable that he would sue and no court would have jurisdiction anyway, since there were damages of $0 what are they going to award? The only real risk would be that he would get pissed off and we would never get the Alpine set. I've had this argument several times and I'm just as frustrated as you, I guess my policy is that if I have to have something from another set, I'll take it regardless and copiously credit where it came from, so at least there is no plagiarism, but if possible I'll use all new. Of course the best course is to get the original artist involved in the new set, which is what happend with the JetTrain and DDA40X, uzurpator, and the US set.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Born Acorn wrote:how would I add new grpahic to your site? email you or Pm you or upload them myself somehow?

I have made an 'intercity livery sh125
That looks really great! I always liked that train, and it looks a heck of a lot better with *real* coaches.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

thanks! :D
Saiyan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Saiyan »

Acorn,

Could you please post the original (non-US) carriages in GRF format?
Saiyan
(TTDPatch Hungarian translator)

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I don't know how to yet :?
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

maybe somone else could?

or point moi to a good tutorial?
krtaylor wrote:I think, at the least, that your first carriage there should be included in the Tropicset.
do you really think so?
Cool! 8)
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

There's a tutorial in the Wiki but it is fearsomely difficult. The GRF Creator program will make life easier but it isn't done yet. You could PM uzurpator and ask him if he'll put it in his Tropicset.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Saiyan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Saiyan »

Born Acorn wrote:I don't know how to yet :?
I think eis_os had a "grdtogrf" (or something like that) utility to transform .exe and stuff to .grf, but his site seems to be down "because of direct linking to it"...
Saiyan
(TTDPatch Hungarian translator)

"By all means marry. If you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

now it ups and heres a dos and win
Attachments
newtemperatecarriagew.zip
win
(849 Bytes) Downloaded 100 times
temperatecarriage.zip
dos
(847 Bytes) Downloaded 84 times