2CC Wagon Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 2CC Wagon Set

Post by Emperor Jake »

Voyager One wrote:Consider it done. I'll send you these sprites by next weekend for sure.
Thanks! No need to send me anything though, I can help myself :mrgreen: (everything's on the Dutch trainset devzone repository)

EDIT: unless you meant you were going to 2cc-ize them for me? I'll try to fiddle around with recolour sprites anyway.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Emperor Jake wrote:unless you meant you were going to 2cc-ize them for me? I'll try to fiddle around with recolour sprites anyway.
Yeah, I meant to "2cc-ize" them for you. :lol: Get your hands off my sprites and get coding! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Voyager One wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:unless you meant you were going to 2cc-ize them for me? I'll try to fiddle around with recolour sprites anyway.
Yeah, I meant to "2cc-ize" them for you. :lol: Get your hands off my sprites and get coding! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wouldn't want you to spend an hour doing something I got done in 5 minutes :wink:
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

OK, OK... :lol:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Klaasgras
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Klaasgras »

Hello. I liked the screen on the first page, when I saw it for the first time, I knew I needed this set! But for some reason, I only get a nice Talgo Pendular coach. And as far as I can tell, that´s not the intention of this set :P

I actually did read the Readme, but I didn´t made it very clear. I assume I have to compile something? I hope someone can help me!

Thanks in advance.
Here, take a look a my screenshot thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59701
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Question: Does it also works with OpenGFX+trains?
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Sorry for that. Yes it does work. And it works great! See example:
Attachments
Driedoorn Transport, 27 Jul 2020.png
(263.55 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

Is this wagon set available in online content repository (bananas)?
or maybe at least publish a compiled grf on this thread???
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

aantono wrote:Is this wagon set available in online content repository (bananas)?
or maybe at least publish a compiled grf on this thread???
Yes, and in first post of the topic.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Great set here, though I'd really like to see those wagons that popped up on the 2cc set thread. Is work still being done on this set or has it been put on the back burner?
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

NekoMaster wrote:Great set here, though I'd really like to see those wagons that popped up on the 2cc set thread. Is work still being done on this set or has it been put on the back burner?
I haven't gotten around to working on this lately, but I intend to start again if I find the time. It is planned to include a wide variety of freight wagons that were drawn for the 2cc set.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Emperor Jake wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:Great set here, though I'd really like to see those wagons that popped up on the 2cc set thread. Is work still being done on this set or has it been put on the back burner?
I haven't gotten around to working on this lately, but I intend to start again if I find the time. It is planned to include a wide variety of freight wagons that were drawn for the 2cc set.
Yeah, freight wagons are probably the biggest thing the set is still missing. Assuming the problems with the 2ccSet code still exist, I take it those freight wagons will be added to the 2cc Wagon Set? (Which may be a good idea anyways, so it's better compatible with other 2cc sets like NARS and UKRS without flooding the depot list with a sh*tload of engines :mrgreen: )
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Well, all is drawn, literally HUNDREDS of wagons wait on devzone for coding.

Too bad that DJ left in the most critical moment... :( I'm sure that Jake has a tough job to pick up the code, figure it out and continue.

I'm starting to think that re-coding all from ground zero might be easier... :?
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Voyager One wrote:Too bad that DJ left in the most critical moment... :( I'm sure that Jake has a tough job to pick up the code, figure it out and continue.

I'm starting to think that re-coding all from ground zero might be easier... :?
That depends. I'm not sure a re-code ensures backwards-compatiblity. I guess it also depends wether DJ can still be contacted for questions and such. But in the end, it's Jake's decision and we need to rely on his skills (meaning that if he can't figure out DJ's code, a re-code seems to be the only option, wether we like it or not :P )

But since this set isn't called the "2CC Passenger Wagon Set", I see no objection of adding cargo wagons to this set. The only problem is that the 2ccSet contains wagons from itself, so there needs to be some kind of check to prevent duplicates, but I guess that applied to passenger wagons as well.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Unfortunately, both Jake and I have tried to contact DJ several times but he has not responded so the problem remains. Jake is busy with his college, figuring DJ's code takes a lot of time and the result is that the project is still on hold.

All in all, I vote to discard and backward compatibility. Choosing a lesser evil...
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Voyager One wrote:Jake is busy with his college, figuring DJ's code takes a lot of time and the result is that the project is still on hold.
Now lets not think that as a disaster. Plenty of projects have been on hold for years without any kind of proper release. The 2ccSet is doing pretty good with a good playable release and still plenty of people working on it.

No rush.
Image Image
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Voyager One wrote:Unfortunately, both Jake and I have tried to contact DJ several times but he has not responded so the problem remains. Jake is busy with his college, figuring DJ's code takes a lot of time and the result is that the project is still on hold.

All in all, I vote to discard and backward compatibility. Choosing a lesser evil...
The good thing is: the graphics are there. They have a clear license. Thus it's easy for anyone to actually pick-up the project - or possibly only the graphics - and make a (new) NewGRF from it. Thus the work on the graphics is anything but wasted and in very good shape to be used.

Am I right that the graphics are found in issues of the 2ccTrainSet?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

planetmaker wrote:Thus the work on the graphics is anything but wasted and in very good shape to be used.
Nah, I didn't even consider that. All will be used for sure.
planetmaker wrote:Am I right that the graphics are found in issues of the 2ccTrainSet?
Yep. IIRC, there is a separate "issue" with all pax and freight wagons in a zipped archive. All templated, with P-menu sprites, all differentiated into separate file folders...

Actually, here they are:
https://dev.openttdcoop.org/issues/2851

Once again, I must point out that those are free to use for anyone of good intent. :lol:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

If i was able to wrap my head around C++\NML I'd help with the coding, but alas coding is not for me at the moment.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

That's the reason I'm making this wagon set, because I couldn't figure out the 2cc set's code very well. However I don't intend to rewrite the existing 2CC set, for the sake of backwards compatibility, and because the engines and MUs work quite well as they are. It is also very easy to add more trains and improve/tweak sprites. However the wagons were coded differently so I decided they would need a complete rewriting, and I decided to put this in a separate GRF so as not to bloat the codebase of the 2CC set even more, and to enable it to be used separately and with other sets.

Also, I have already added some freight wagons in my local development version, I'm implementing bits of code from the Dutch trainset and experimenting with refit variations and recolours to give lots of variety. (Not lately though, but after the exams I might find some time to continue work) :)
Attachments
Freight wagons added so far
Freight wagons added so far
freight.png (10.34 KiB) Viewed 2519 times

Return to “Graphics Development”