Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:09 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Zephyris wrote:
Wow, that is more sprites than I was expecting. I remember now that I only converted some of the GUI sprites to 32bpp as it ended upgiving a very inconsistent appearence having the GUI elements (windows, text, etc) in old 8bpp style and the icons as 32bpp. I think I would actually err towards removing all the 32bpp GUI elements for now!

Well, yes... not all need a 32bpp equivalent (especially the window decorations you mentioned), but it actually shows at the higher zoom levels for the GUI. And it makes a difference for the main toolbar. I could make a more detailed break-down as to which would be really nice-to-have.
If you like, I could remove all GUI elements from zBase for now, though and have it fall back to OpenGFX-style. But even there, the 2x and 4x zoom would be nice to have for the sprites.

Zephyris wrote:
In terms of the canal sprite alignment that is just a matter of hard work and tweaking to get it all sorted. It should definitely done by altering the alignnments rather than the graphics though, to ensure that any updates to the blend file renders in the future can be easily transferred to in-game.

Definitely messing with the alignment would be first thing to do

Prepping OpenGFX and zBase for the OpenTTD 1.5 era is definitely on my list.

Zephyris wrote:
I am still waiting for internet access at home in my new place (so much for German efficiency) but once I do I think I will take a look at some updates.

He, you moved over to the continent? Welcome :) Efficiency goes this way here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=403aQFfSUpo And especially phone companies are notorious for their basically non-existing customer support.

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:47 pm 
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Zephyris wrote:
Wow, that is more sprites than I was expecting. I remember now that I only converted some of the GUI sprites to 32bpp as it ended upgiving a very inconsistent appearence having the GUI elements (windows, text, etc) in old 8bpp style and the icons as 32bpp. I think I would actually err towards removing all the 32bpp GUI elements for now!

Personally on 24' 1080p screen I'm using Zbase with a GUI at 1.5X, 2X seems too big.

Zephyris wrote:
In terms of the canal sprite alignment that is just a matter of hard work and tweaking to get it all sorted. It should definitely done by altering the alignnments rather than the graphics though, to ensure that any updates to the blend file renders in the future can be easily transferred to in-game.

Ok!

Zephyris wrote:
I am not sure there is a better way to align the foundations, trying to make them look more 3D will always cause some alignment wierdness because it forces an optical illusion. The office block being completely misaligned is definitely my fault though :)

IMO I would drop the 3D effect, I looks weird, like in the road foundations screenshot.

Zephyris wrote:
I am still waiting for internet access at home in my new place (so much for German efficiency) but once I do I think I will take a look at some updates.

Thanks for responding :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:54 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

planetmaker wrote:
What is the 1.5 era bringing?

planetmaker wrote:
Zephyris wrote:

He, you moved over to the continent? Welcome :) Efficiency goes this way here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=403aQFfSUpo And especially phone companies are notorious for their basically non-existing customer support.
Yeah, been in Germany for about 1 month so far, and learning some basic german veeeery slowly! I am now regretting doing a full OS reinstall just before coming out though, I can't even do local commits because I didn't reinstall tortoise SVN :s At least I can play OpenTTD offline :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:09 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Zephyris wrote:
planetmaker wrote:
What is the 1.5 era bringing?

Well, GUI zoom as a client-side setting (thus ogfx+biggui is now obsolete). Thus base sets preferentially provide the GUI sprites in 1x, 2x and 4x zoom level. And I want to give OpenGFX the same river sprites with horizontal and vertically flowing rivers which are already in OpenGFX+Landscape.

Zephyris wrote:
planetmaker wrote:
Zephyris wrote:

Yeah, been in Germany for about 1 month so far, and learning some basic german veeeery slowly! I am now regretting doing a full OS reinstall just before coming out though, I can't even do local commits because I didn't reinstall tortoise SVN :s At least I can play OpenTTD offline :)

tortoiseHG is quickly installed. But yeah... without internet access it's difficult to obtain :) But playing is a good thing, too. Gives more ideas to spend time on later :P

Attachments:
Unnamed, 26th Jan 1987.png
Unnamed, 26th Jan 1987.png [ 139.05 KiB | Viewed 5915 times ]

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:19 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

i hear you can get prepaid mobile internet sticks at certain supermarkets. it probably won't be fast, but better than no internet at all...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:40 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Eddi wrote:
i hear you can get prepaid mobile internet sticks at certain supermarkets. it probably won't be fast, but better than no internet at all...

It will probably will be very expensive also. Don't you have a nice neighbour you can ask to share the connection until you have your own connection?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:43 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Nice to see it is not forgotton :)
Everyone i play with is using Zbase now, It just makes it feel smoother and compliments OpenTTD's new features.

Almost like a TT- 2 :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:03 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Just noticed an update.
Any big changes?
Thanks!

Edit: Thanks for reply (below)

Last edited by Glynbd on Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:21 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

No big changes really, but a number of bug fixes and some additions as required by OpenTTD 1.5.

* Fix: Various recolour maps were incorrectly using the W palette. Symlink them to OpenGFX, where they have already been fixed.
* Fix [FS#6258]: Do not crop the default-window-size icon.
* Add: Recolour sprite in extra grf as needed by OpenTTD since r26869

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:44 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Transparent arctic house sprite:
http://devs.openttd.org/~planetmaker/ti ... 0x1200.png
You can see them in top left corner on title screen (version 1.5.1)
In regular game, such transparent houses are spawned too (in snow areas).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:17 pm 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

looks more like a 32bpp bug in that graphic set

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:18 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Phreeze wrote:
looks more like a 32bpp bug in that graphic set

Yes... and he reports it here right in that thread where it belongs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:52 am 
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

lol i thought i was in the general forum....must get more sleep ^^

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:06 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Is this project still alive?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:35 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

All sources are available, it builds out of the box.

If you want to fix things, yes please, submit fixes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22