Cablecar GRF, fully functioning!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Cablecar GRF, fully functioning!

Post by Transportman »

As far as I know there are no new NewGRF features introduced in 1.2.1 since 1.2.0, so maybe you can set the limit this set to 1.2.0 or newer instead of 1.2.1?

And I didn't say it before, but it is a very interesting concept.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Beul
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beul »

Don't know why I typed 1.2.1 here, as it checks for 1.2.0 in reality :p tnx for noticing.
nicfer
Director
Director

Post by nicfer »

I think that cablecars would work better as road vehicles, but until roadtypes come, you can only replace trams, like the suspended monorails grf.
Sorry for my english I am argentinian
TTO don't crashes in Windows XP; XP crashes TTO

Formerly known as UnderBuilder.

MyMiniCity
Beul
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beul »

nicfer wrote:I think that cablecars would work better as road vehicles, but until roadtypes come, you can only replace trams, like the suspended monorails grf.
I beg to differ... cablecars usually have fixed distances between them.This effect can more accurately be mimicked by trains with signals, than rv's. Imho it would look even worse if two cable car cabins collide or go through each other like happens with current road vehicles. Furthermore cablecars do not have any 90 degree curves, and with current roads 45 degree turns are not a possibility.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

SwissFan91 wrote:@kamnet - surely it won't be too long (tm) that the patchpack is updated to 1.2.1 compatibility?
It looks like ChillCore is going to start a new patch pack rather than try to upgrade the current one. In either case, though, it takes a lot of effort and time to individually patch every file and make sure that it works correctly.
Beul
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beul »

kamnet wrote:
SwissFan91 wrote:@kamnet - surely it won't be too long (tm) that the patchpack is updated to 1.2.1 compatibility?
It looks like ChillCore is going to start a new patch pack rather than try to upgrade the current one. In either case, though, it takes a lot of effort and time to individually patch every file and make sure that it works correctly.
I have now conditionally enabled maintenance cost, so it *should* work in versions prior to 1.2.0 (not proir to 1.1.0 though, that will still produce a fatal error)
Michi_cc
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Michi_cc »

Transportman wrote:Different signals and bridges fore one specific track are not possible (yet), those are the same for all tracks.
Check your facts better 8)

-- Michael Lutz
Beul
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beul »

Michi_cc wrote:
Transportman wrote:Different signals and bridges fore one specific track are not possible (yet), those are the same for all tracks.

-- Michael Lutz
<CIA-4> OpenTTD: michi_cc * r24367 /trunk/src/ (7 files): -Feature: [NewGRF] Customisable signals for rail types.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Michi_cc wrote:

-- Michael Lutz
At the moment I made the post it was not yet possible :p When will it be possible to do this in NML, since currently it is only possible with NFO?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Hirundo
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hirundo »

Transportman wrote:At the moment I made the post it was not yet possible :p When will it be possible to do this in NML, since currently it is only possible with NFO?
As of NML r1904 it's possible, use the 'signals' callback. Documentation will follow later, for now you'll have to check NFO docs. If you're using windows, you may have to wait for the new nmlc.exe nightly (afaik 19:19 CET).
Create your own NewGRF? Check out this tutorial!
Beul
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beul »

Hirundo wrote:As of NML r1904 it's possible, use the 'signals' callback. Documentation will follow later, for now you'll have to check NFO docs. If you're using windows, you may have to wait for the new nmlc.exe nightly (afaik 19:19 CET).
Well, don't know about Transportman, but I doubt if I will have graphics ready by 19:19 CET anyway :P
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I've had a quick go at a 1x1 station for this.
station flattened.png
station flattened.png (1.12 KiB) Viewed 3014 times
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Streckenläufer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Streckenläufer »

Hello Beul,

I'm in charge of cablecar.grf problems with NuTracks, see Fig.
Regardless of whether
cablecar ago
nutracks or
nutracks ago
cablecar
Attachments
cablecar_error_1.jpg
cablecar_error_1.jpg (32.93 KiB) Viewed 2837 times
cablecar_error_2.jpg
cablecar_error_2.jpg (29.32 KiB) Viewed 2831 times
MfG Streckenläufer
OpenTTD V1.7.1, r27930 - Trafficlight - Bridge/tunnel Signals - Watertunnel - HousePlacing - SeaplaneAirport - Clipboard - Win7 64bit - MinGW/msys
!Sorry for my google English translator!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Nutracks consumes all railtype slots, leaving no room for any other railtype grfs. The other way round, with the cable car grf there's no room for nutracks to define all railtypes it wants to define.

A rather unfortunate error message, but the bottom line is that you can't use both together. I'm not sure, but maybe nutracks has parameters to reduce the amount of railtype slots it uses.
Streckenläufer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Streckenläufer »

Thank Foobar,
it worked, I nutracks parameter set to 4-track set now works cablecar.
Thanks for the tip
Attachments
cablecar3.jpg
cablecar3.jpg (29.04 KiB) Viewed 2818 times
MfG Streckenläufer
OpenTTD V1.7.1, r27930 - Trafficlight - Bridge/tunnel Signals - Watertunnel - HousePlacing - SeaplaneAirport - Clipboard - Win7 64bit - MinGW/msys
!Sorry for my google English translator!

Return to “Graphics Development”