I was afraid that having multiple tunnels within a railtype was not possible
So Let's stick to the 3 tracks we have now.
As for your last question: yes, one could display a tile instead of track
That is not what I meant
I mean still seeing tracks (that can be used by trains), but with full ISR tile as "ballast" around/under the track.
Regarding the tunnelentrance as stationtile:
I guess you mean that the entrance you would see will then be an overlapping tile. That is not a bad idea, but it has a disadvantage and that is that you would have to place a stationtile next to the entrance. This has a couple of problems:
- In the trainorders that stationtile should be set to non-stop (when it is not next to an actual station), not all players will have their setups as standard "all orders are non-stop"
- Also a name will be shown for that station.
- What should be drawn on the tile that is the actual stationtile to match it to the station next to it? Empty platforms, roofs, benches, grass, etc etc...
- Furthermore, most tunnels have slopes next to them and stations can't be placed on slopes.... So you would need an extra tile before you can have a slope.
- Also the overlapping tile will probably glitch when trains move through it, which doesn't look good.
And there are even more probems with the placing of the exit tunnel station tile, that I won't go into now.
Sorry that I shot down this idea
Because I really like it that people are exploring the idea of overlapping tiles!! But I think it has too many disadvantages that can be solved just by using a railtype (what we are doing now).
Winner of the following screenshot competitions:sep 2012
, jan 2013
, apr 2013
, aug 2013
, mar 2014
, mar 2016All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.