Uptodate Documentation

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Uptodate Documentation

Post by planetmaker »

darkstar7 wrote:Hello, i tried to make a pack of some 32bpp grafics using this guide, i manage to make some grf's but one time i got "png is true colour or is not a 256-colour image"
my question is if there is any script i can use to make all the sprites to convert them to dos pallete, if there is a little explanation how to work with it, im new to linux and gimp

Also i found this: http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tutorial-q ... -mode.html
is this helpfull to do it 1 by 1?
There's still a lot of very outdated information regarding creation of 32bpp NewGRFs and this also seems a bit outdated. Basically all you need now is the very same process as you need for any NewGRF without 32bpp sprites. But only additionally the 32bpp sprites.

As to conversion from 32bit to palette: you need to obtain the palette and can then use gimp like you link. It may have some problems with the special palette indices for palette animation. You might use TTDViewer to check results for that and hand-edit the results in case of doubt, if automatic conversion failed.

Return to “Graphics Development”