Logistic Centers (bigger truck depots)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

misieq666
Engineer
Engineer

Logistic Centers (bigger truck depots)

Post by misieq666 »

Hi all. I have been thinking if it is possible to make truck depot which can support more than two trucks/buses. If someone solve it and modified airfield (now it is posibble to support 8 airplanes), maybe there is also way to build depotes for 10 or more trucks !
It would be awesome. Maybe there is already something like that, if yes send me a link to that grf please.

Ave
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Logistic Centers (bigger truck depots)

Post by andythenorth »

misieq666 wrote:maybe there is also way to build depotes for 10 or more trucks !
I'm guessing you mean truck stations (for loading/unloading), not depots (for servicing/building vehicles)?

You can build truck stations next to each other, they will act as one station. Here's a station with four drive through road vehicle stops:
rv_stops.png
rv_stops.png (81.44 KiB) Viewed 11781 times
cheers,

Andy
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

and it doesn't have to be drive-through stops. Old-fashioned terminus stops can also be chained. Any incoming vehicle will automatically pick a loading dock that's free.
misieq666
Engineer
Engineer

Post by misieq666 »

Yeah, of course i mean stations :P sorry my mistake :P
And I know chaining method but i am searching for somethong like that:

Ave
cmoiromain
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by cmoiromain »

Once the newgrf airports will be complete, it is planned to extend them to road and sea ports. And it seems that darkvater intends to work with richk on that feature, so hopefully we will have that relatively shortly.
I am little, ugly, and nasty. How do you do?
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

cmoiromain wrote:Once the newgrf airports will be complete, it is planned to extend them to road and sea ports. And it seems that darkvater intends to work with richk on that feature, so hopefully we will have that relatively shortly.
Well, if it can be supported in code, I would add a 'tipping' sprite to my dump trucks. It would need code to reverse the truck, and newgrf support for an 'unloading' state separate to a 'loading' state (currently load/unload use the same sprites, with the order switched).

That way we could have improved stations for loading and unloading mineral cargos. But it might all be getting a bit too much... :wink:

cheers,

Andy
SirXavius
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by SirXavius »

All excellent ideas that deserve further exploration....
atalantino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by atalantino »

I think what he wants in reality is realism,(i will be quick, before Belugas comes), he wants to see things big, but it wont have sense unless the loading time is slightly streched.
FORZA BERGAMASCA CALCIO ATALANTA
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

Check out Industrial stations Renewal v.8.0 - there are a lot of tiles that can be used to build one of those big intermodal terminals- warehouses, container platforms, etc. etc.

When I use multiple drive-through road stops, the stupid truck drivers queue up at the first one they come to, and rarely take a free one. Heaven forbid they drive around to the back of a stop, either, even if it's the same distance. Any suggestions? With Cargodest, I find myself in desperate need of better intermodal centers.
Who is John Galt?
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

ostlandr wrote:When I use multiple drive-through road stops, the stupid truck drivers queue up at the first one they come to, and rarely take a free one. Heaven forbid they drive around to the back of a stop, either, even if it's the same distance. Any suggestions?
Go bug Celestar about FS#1944
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Take a look at this. It should work well enough until the problem described in the bug report is solved.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

ostlandr wrote:When I use multiple drive-through road stops, the stupid truck drivers queue up at the first one they come to, and rarely take a free one. Heaven forbid they drive around to the back of a stop, either, even if it's the same distance. Any suggestions? With Cargodest, I find myself in desperate need of better intermodal centers.
In a multiplayer game I made a loadbalancer by having two entrances (non-stop drive through stations as waypoints) and used conditional orders based on relability of the vehicles to distribute them over the two entrances. At the entrance for those with bad relability I had a depot so they would go to the other one next.

It was far from prefect but at least a creative try. :)
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Post by ostlandr »

Hey! Thanks! :D I switched my RVs to NPF instead of YAPF and the drivers ended their "work to rule" slowdown. At least they didn't hold out for better health insurance. Seriously, it worked- the trucks use all bays of multi drive-through stops instead of queueing up at the first one.
Who is John Galt?
Paltala
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Paltala »

Hi all, this is my first post so be nice :D
anyway, i read this thread and decided to have a go at making a solution, admittedly its not the best of pictures but i cant find the ingame scrn shot button >.<
Its based off the picture of the truck centre further up and its just a simple solution tbh
Attachments
Logistics Centre.jpg
Logistics Centre.jpg (63.97 KiB) Viewed 9151 times
ImageImage
ImageImage
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

Paltala wrote:Hi all, this is my first post so be nice :D
anyway, i read this thread and decided to have a go at making a solution, admittedly its not the best of pictures but i cant find the ingame scrn shot button >.<
Its based off the picture of the truck centre further up and its just a simple solution tbh
hi there :)

the screen shot button is in the dropdown menu to the very right, or use Ctrl+S :) Be sure to set the used file format in the game options to .png because that's better for screenshots than .jpg ;)
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CommanderZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CommanderZ »

Welcome :)

Are you aware, that your "logistic parks" will fail for articulated vehicles?
Paltala
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Paltala »

CommanderZ wrote:
Welcome :)

Are you aware, that your "logistic parks" will fail for articulated vehicles?
i do know that you mention it but the parking and drop off bays can be switched to drive through stops with some modifications to the layout of the area
ImageImage
ImageImage
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

If you want to make pretty demonstration screenshots, you should really have a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=737157#p737157
Paltala
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Paltala »

Korenn wrote:
If you want to make pretty demonstration screenshots, you should really have a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=737157#p737157
thanks for the list but i made that pic before i downloaded newstations so i didnt have A LOT to work with except for the bus and truck stations
ImageImage
ImageImage
zilfondel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by zilfondel »

This is from the OpenTTD Coop Wiki:

It's really easy to build a multi-platform station that can handle an insane amount of freight!

This is another good example using the Long Vehicles GRF:

This is my own busy station - trucks drop off ~1000 units/mo of livestock & grain from 2 farms:

I will agree that NPF seems to do well in preventing pile-ups. However, I suggest a station layout that is centrally-fed, with 1-tile side roads for the drop-off points. Trucks and road vehicles will typically queue up at stations UNTIL an intersection, as long as you have enough empty bays. Linear designs obviously work best, as road vehicles take a large penalty everytime they make a turn.

Return to “Graphics Development”