ISR/DWE style dock and objects, Version 1.1 released

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: ISR/DWE style dock and objects, Version 1.0 released

Post by Supercheese »

FLHerne wrote:... it's not even possible to build more than one dock per station, let alone allocate ships to specific docks.
Unless you use the New Map Features patch ;) .
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

Supercheese wrote:
FLHerne wrote:... it's not even possible to build more than one dock per station, let alone allocate ships to specific docks.
Unless you use the New Map Features patch ;) .
I think that qualifies as "a lot of new code" as I said above. :P
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
skippern
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skippern »

As this touches up to my IRL job, I would very much like to play-test anything that have with ships, ports, waterways, etc, to do
Skippern
OpenTTD Mac user
Dante123
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dante123 »

Nice to see how you put a lot of the DWE set into objects! nice work
MrRB
Engineer
Engineer

Re: ISR style dock and objects, Version 1.4 released

Post by MrRB »

Quast65 wrote:There might be a couple of problems that may cause your issue if you are using all of those grf's in one game:

ISR style objects v1.0 and ISR style Overlapping objects V1.0 are obsolete. Only use ISR-style objects 1.4 (that version has the overlapping objects integrated in it), as these grf's takes up a lot of object-ID's it may be the cause of your problem with some objects not showing up in the menu.

Isr-style dock should as default change the normal dock into an ISR-tile with a watertile next to it. Doublecheck the parameter settings and if any parameters are set, just click reset.

I hope this helps. But be very aware that adding these grf's in a running game may cause serious troubles. Please be sure to use them in a new game!
Quast (or anyone who knows),

Thanks for all your input first of all. There's just one thing I can't seem to find out. That's where can I possibly find these parameter settings? I've tried in game, but I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks so much for any clarification!

All the best!
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

I'm running OpenTTD 1.4.2 under Linux, and there are no visible parameter settings for this NewGRF. The dock is a simple brown-green tile on land, and the sea tile is invisible. See screenshot.
dock.png
dock.png (29.74 KiB) Viewed 8021 times
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Hi guys,

To change the parameters, select the GRF in your GRF list (highlight it).
Click on "Set parameters"
Set number of parameters to 1 (with the arrows next to number of parameters)
Set parameter 1 to what you would like to see (with the arrows next of it). There is a description of what can be shown in the GRF information.
Press apply changes.
ParameterDock.png
ParameterDock.png (74.96 KiB) Viewed 7990 times
Regarding leifbk's post:
The color of the land tile is wrong, this is possibly due to a wrong setting of the palette.
Select the GRF in your GRF list (highlight it)
Press "toggle Palette"
Press "apply changes"
This should fix the wrong color.
The default setting of this GRF shows an empty land tile with a watertile, so what you see is correct.
This is why I created that:
example10.png
example10.png (92.72 KiB) Viewed 7990 times
I hope this all helps!
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Quast65,
thanks for the information, which was indeed very helpful. Nevertheless, the interface is very obscure, and even if I don't know much about NewGRF coding, I'm certain that it's possible to set the palette as well as providing named parameters in the code.
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

leifbk wrote:I'm certain that it's possible to set the palette as well as providing named parameters in the code.
Named parameters were only introduced relatively recently, and it's entirely possible Quast coded this before they were available. As for the palette, that is set in the GRF, but it does not mean you've got the correct version for your system. That's why the Switch Palette button was introduced.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

True, but at the time I developed this GRF (almost 2 years ago), I didn't know yet about setting the palette. Most of my more recent GRF's do have that feature now, that they automatically get the right palette.
Regarding the parameters, also at that time I didn't know how to make them with a nice tekst in the Set Parameter box. A lot of GRF's at that time did not yet have that and most people did know how to set parameters in the way I did.
Nowadays the Set Parameter box has become a lot more userfriendly. As this GRF is GPL-licensed, everybody is very welcome to alter it and make a more userfriendly version.

All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Pingaware wrote:
leifbk wrote:I'm certain that it's possible to set the palette as well as providing named parameters in the code.
Named parameters were only introduced relatively recently, and it's entirely possible Quast coded this before they were available. As for the palette, that is set in the GRF, but it does not mean you've got the correct version for your system. That's why the Switch Palette button was introduced.
These settings for palette and parameter description via action14 / grf block are available since 1.1.0, thus for roughly four years now.
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

planetmaker wrote:
Pingaware wrote:
These settings for palette and parameter description via action14 / grf block are available since 1.1.0, thus for roughly four years now.
I said *relatively*. Honestly couldn't remember, and four years ago when GRFs have been in development for eleven years is probably still just about *relatively*.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Bump...

May I ask for a small feature?

Currenly, all "ore"-associated objects (e.g. loaders, conveyor belts...) show only ore graphics while Cargo tiles have a pile of ore that changes color to black coal too. Please, can this color change be done for the first too?

Otherwise, I love this GRF!!! :bow:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Voyager One wrote:Bump...

May I ask for a small feature?

Currenly, all "ore"-associated objects (e.g. loaders, conveyor belts...) show only ore graphics while Cargo tiles have a pile of ore that changes color to black coal too. Please, can this color change be done for the first too?

Otherwise, I love this GRF!!! :bow:
I don't think NewObjects have any awareness of cargo waiting as they are not part of stations...
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

And there is an even more important reason why I use the brown colors for the conveyorbelts etc:
These are the block circle colors for the candy world, they work in the same manner as the watercycle colors.
So I dont need to draw a lot of animation steps for those to make them "work".
Turning them into black would mean animation, and thus a lot more sprites...

Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Quast65 wrote:brown block circle colors
OK, I can understand this but...

- as said, "ore" cargo piles (green circle) can get recolored from brown to black - no animation there
- some other tiles (yellow circles) have only brown ore colors and since there is no animation in these, they could be recolored to black, IMO
- and the last, animated tiled (red circles) clearly fall into the "brown block circle colors" talk so I'm not asking for those at all.

Another way to solve this completely, as we've done in the e.g. Dutch Trainset. We didn't use "brown circle colors", we used the "fire circle colors" for all cargoes and then recolored them to black/brown/yellow/gray/others via code. If you're interested in this, ask Transportman for details please. :wink: At the end, you could have ALL these "ore" tiles recolorable to all kinds of bulk cargos (ore, coal, grain, sand, fruit, grayish metals...)
Attachments
untitled.PNG
untitled.PNG (223.33 KiB) Viewed 1885 times
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Ok, I've just figured out that I've been using the outdated version 1.3 all this time because I assumed it was newer than the version 1.0 in my GRF list. And here I was wondering where everyone was getting that nice passenger terminal and car tiles :roll:

Great set BTW, might have been less ambiguous to name the latest version 2.0 is all I'm saying :wink:
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Kamnet requested if I could make a version of the ISR-style Dock GRF with GarryG's wooden wharf graphics.

Done, added two versions:
Example357.png
Example357.png (160.32 KiB) Viewed 5701 times
If you want to make it modern looking, just add the dock-overlapping objects that can be found in the ISR/DWE-objects GRF:
Example358.png
Example358.png (68.05 KiB) Viewed 5701 times
Sources:
ISRDock_v1_4_SOURCES.rar
(26.55 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
The new GRF (version 1.4) is ofcourse also on BaNaNas ;-)

Have fun!! :mrgreen:

Return to “Graphics Development”