Dutch Rail Furniture Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

jor[D]1
Director
Director

Re: Dutch Rail Furniture Development

Post by jor[D]1 »

No, you are wrong there is only a hand full of ADOB (full closing)
Most are still AHOB (half closed), although most bicycle path are closed off fully, by an AHOB.
View my (train)pictures on Flickr
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:most of the netherlands have both-way beams (blocking both lanes with either 2 beams or 1 beam stretching both)

security reasons...

any chance that works in ottd as well?
Please try to refer to the official names of the railroad crossings to avoid confusion :P

Most of the Netherlands have AHOBs (half beams), to prevent people getting locked in on the railway crossing.

security reasons...
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

http://www.nicospilt.com/index_overwegen.htm

Halfway you see why they didn't introduced ADOB earlier (At ADOB in diemen), it was not safe for automatic crossings. (And still isn't 100% safe.)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Dutch Rail Furniture 0.1.0 released!

Well, it's nothing particularly interesting, as it includes only the level crossings that Purno drew recently. However, I think they look great and deserve to be in a grf. I even put it up on Bananas! After the "longer girder, steel bridge" this is the smallest grf I ever did. But it'll get bigger somewhen in the future, as the goal is to include the Dutch signals and Dutch catenary in this as well. But you already knew that, right?

Anyways, have a picture. Downloads are as usual on the online content and the DevZone.
Attachments
picture.png
picture.png (46.25 KiB) Viewed 3328 times
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Nice. For the catenary, have a look at issue 3831, you can take the offsets+graphics from the Track Set.

And now there is a release and some development, maybe also add it to the list with Dutch NewGRFs? Or am I a bit too fast with that?
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Ah yes, thanks.

And of course it should be added to the page with Dutch newgrfs, I'll add it now. The picture will come later.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Woosh, nice job FooBar! :bow:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

only working in Ottd 1.2?

:( :(
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Yes, the requirements are the same as those the Dutch Trainset. There's no real reason for it though, I may change that later.
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

:( Want to use it with chillpatchpack :( :( :(
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I'll remove the restriction, but even then you still need to grab the source and encode in NML 0.2.x. The compile farm builds GRFv8 NewGRFs using the most recent NML, which requires at least OpenTTD r23166.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

imo dutch railway signs should be included in the furniture, as well as catenary, both are drawn by Purno afaik and should be merged with the new road-crossing
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:imo dutch railway signs should be included in the furniture, as well as catenary, both are drawn by Purno afaik and should be merged with the new road-crossing
Ill agree, but I do like to use Dutch catenary in other games as separate grf as it looks nicer as original on.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Dutch Signals and Dutch Catenary will eventually move to this grf (as stated in the first post). There will be parameters to disable the individual bits though. Of course you can also keep using the current separate grfs, but this combined approach will save some grf slots :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I'm starting to doubt wether merging the catenary into the furniture is a good idea. The catenary is quite popular amongst non-Dutchies too, and perhaps merging it into the furniture set makes it harder to find and would cause people to end up being confused.
Image Image
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

You can keep the old set available too? But shouldn't the centenary be a part of the dutch track set?
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

jor[D]1 wrote:You can keep the old set available too? But shouldn't the centenary be a part of the dutch track set?
There's a Dutch Track Set too? Oh boy, now the lines between Dutch tracks, rail furniture and road furniture become very vague...

If there's a Dutch Track Set, then yes, it'd make sense the Catenary and the Signals get merged there. The Dutch railway crossings could either be placed in the Dutch Track Set, or Dutch Road Furniture Set (considering there's no Dutch Roadset).
Image Image
jor[D]1
Director
Director

Post by jor[D]1 »

Topic: https://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=59201

I once made a screen which looked really dutch (Except a missing traffic jam.), Trains to and from germany on the betuwe route.

FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Purno wrote:There's a Dutch Track Set too? Oh boy, now the lines between Dutch tracks, rail furniture and road furniture become very vague...

If there's a Dutch Track Set, then yes, it'd make sense the Catenary and the Signals get merged there.
My idea is to have the catanery, signals and crossings in both. The track set is, well, a fully blown track set that not everybody may wish to use, especially when not using the Dutch Trainset. This rail furniture on the other hand will be static-safe and can therefore be used for instance in addition to the activated grfs in multiplayer games. So they will be similar, but serve a different market.
Klaasgras
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Klaasgras »

I found a minor bug: The AKI sprites shift between two places in. When a train enters a crossing, the lights jump a few pixels to the right.
Here, take a look a my screenshot thread: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=59701

Return to “Graphics Development”