Suggestions: New Japan BulletTrain

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

_RaK_ wrote: I'm sure I'm opening GameGFX.exe then appear said "Version Incorrect!" then I tried to opening TTDX.EXE then it say "Version Incorrect!"

What the hell are those problem. Seem it bugs.
what is the version of GAmeGFX.exe ?? (while playing last icon on right and select ABOUT and second line from the top) also what is language of your TTD ? (it could get corrputed during translatation)
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
BobXP
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobXP »

he said he can't open it... so how is he meant to see the about box? -_-
<!-- End Of Post !-->
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

but he can run it, can't he ?
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

_RaK_ wrote:I'm sure I'm opening GameGFX.exe then appear said "Version Incorrect!" then I tried to opening TTDX.EXE then it say "Version Incorrect!"

What the hell are those problem. Seem it bugs.
What exactly is the filesize of your gamegfx.exe file, in bytes? I've seen problems like this before when a file was infected with a virus that changed the filesize so TTDPatch (or TTDAlter) didn't recognize it. Maybe check to see if it has a virus, or otherwise reinstall it and see if it works then.
mr anderson
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr anderson »

yeah, ive heard about this virus before (and had it myself). its a real (swear word) to get rid of, but i managed to work around it for TTD anyway.

first, get a program like winzip and put GameGFX.exe (take a copy from the cd, or the download file) and (ttdpatch.exe or ttdpatchw.exe) in a zip file. the virus will not penetrate the zip file! then, if file in the TTD directory becomes infected, just unzip a new one. a long way round, i know, but hopefully this will help. as yet i havent found a way to kill the virus, but as soon as i do ill post it

also i notice that the infected GameGFX.exe is 1,830 kb instead of the usual 1,6 something something kb. the ttdpatch file is also around 200kb larger. i wonder what the hell this virus writes into these files...?
what is control?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

It might not be a bad idea to properly take care of the problem by downloading a sample virus scanner program and getting rid of it.
CZAR ALEKSANDER
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

the new high speed record is held by Japan

Post by CZAR ALEKSANDER »

hello people:

the new highspeed train record is held by Japan by two high spped trains

1. RTR2 the 4 car set speed 590 mph
2. E-4 6 car set speed 535 mph

this is in current japanese magazines for Japanese trains for 2004

thank you
Czar Aleksander
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Last edited by uzurpator on 30 Dec 2003 22:57, edited 1 time in total.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I thought so, 590 mph is a little rough. I don't think you the average passenger would enjoy the g-forces needed to get the thing on speed before the train has arrived at it's next station.
Me_Simon
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Me_Simon »

i read in a 1980's book that australia was going to introduce a high speed line from sydney to melbourne called VFT (Very Fast Train) [crap name if you ask me] - with speeds of 350km/h

and a question....the speed of trains climbing hills, does it depend on their horsepower or are they all fixed at 40km/h? i got tired at looking at trains going uphill
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Me_Simon

The whole concept of HSR (high speed rail) is based on idea of very light train with high horsepower. Thanks to this new lines can be built relatively cheap since powerful trains will have no problems with steep hills.

On normal railroads 1.5% grade is considered steep on HSR lines 4% grade causes no slowdown (that is 300 km/h on most systems).

http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/tgv/tgvindex.html - more data there
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Me_Simon
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Me_Simon »

no i meant in the game transport tycoon....
....."and a question....the speed of trains climbing hills, does it depend on their horsepower or are they all fixed at 40km/h? i got tired at looking at trains going uphill"

Return to “Graphics Development”