French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge: Translations needed!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: French Trains Set - Narrow Gauge: Playtesting phase

Post by arikover »

The HGm2/3 behaves properly with me...

The Bhe4/4 is the only rackrail locomotive that only reserves rackrail tracks.
So of course, when it sees a rackrail track section free, it goes on it, even if there is a train further, on the normal adhesion section of the track. Hence the accidents.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

arikover wrote: The Bhe4/4 is the only rackrail locomotive that only reserves rackrail tracks.
So of course, when it sees a rackrail track section free, it goes on it, even if there is a train further, on the normal adhesion section of the track. Hence the accidents.
Yeah, that makes sense for a bug report: apparently there´s a problem with reserving a continuous piece of track consisting of different rail types.

regards
Michael
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

michael blunck wrote:
arikover wrote: The Bhe4/4 is the only rackrail locomotive that only reserves rackrail tracks.
Yeah, that makes sense for a bug report: apparently there´s a problem with reserving a continuous piece of track consisting of different rail types.
You're probably right, but then why does this only happen with the Bhe 4/4 and not with the other rackrail engines? They're all coded the same way (as NRA* engines, which can also run on NAA* tracks because of railtype compatibility).
The Irish wrote:While we are on the subject of the Bhe4/4, would it be possible to raise its top speed on non rack rail to let's say 40km/h and with rack to maybe 20km/h? Currently it is really terribly slow.
Well, it looks like it already reaches 20 km/h on rack? :shock:
I agree the max speed is very low, but it matches the historical data I found. And it's somewhat compensated by the very large capacity (no other MU of the same era can carry so many passengers). I could perhaps tweak it to make it run at 25 km/h on rack and 35 km/h on adhesion track, but anything more than this would be too much for the nature of this MU IMO (it's supposed to be a tough mountaineer, not to be used on flat lines).
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Yes, so it reserves all the rackrail tracks until the next normal adhesion track. But if it moves then back into next rack rail track section, it does not reserve this anymore either.
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

First and foremost, Merry Xmas to everyone :D

No release of this set yet, unluckily. I've been a bit busy in the past few weeks. Nevertheless, let me share with you my latest progress:
ABH + OC
ABH + OC
screen abh oc.png (51 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
These vehicles are:
* The ABH railcar from Renault, heavily used on the lines of Provence (with a few liveries such as the AlpAzur luxury service from Nice to Digne, and the modernized livery that arrived to our days), Côtes-du-Nord (in a bright red livery) and Corsica (here's a "classic" railcar livery, and a modernized version).
This thing was initially developed to provide upscale service over medium distances. It had a reduced capacity, to give way for extra comfort, and a rather powerful engine to be able to deal with tracks on hilly or mountainous areas (such as Corsica or the inland of the Côte-d'-Azur). Designed in 1934, a few units were being used as late as just a few years ago. As new enhancements were brought to the original design along the years, different subseries were present, like the ABH1 (Provence), ABH6 (Côtes-du-Nord) and ABH8 (Corsica), the latter having a slightly more powerful engine.
In the game, this railcar comes with its own matching set of trailers. Moreover, the Corsican version can do push-pull with its trailer, if both are built after 1960.

* The OC1 and OC2 built by De Dion-Bouton, used in the North-West tracks of the Côtes-du-Nord and Réseau Breton. The earlier "OC1" model was designed in 1936 as a replacement of the smaller, bus-like railcars from the earlier Twenties. The "OC2" model was its enhancement; its design started in 1939, but because of the war, the first units were not delivered any time before 1946. The first version was more luxurious, while the second dropped some comfort in favor of a higher capacity. It also had a second driving cab, making the railcar reversible, while the early OC1s had to be turned around at stations. Only the later OC2s were couplable, to a maximum of 2 units.
In the game, both models share the same ID. If an "OC" is built before 1947, it will appear as the OC1 (red-roofed until 1942, then white-roofed); if it's built later, it will take the OC2's looks and stats. As it was the case historically, only late OCs can be flipped or coupled.

And these bring the list of stuff still to be drawn to... 12 IDs? OMG :p

Merry Xmas to all!!!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Snail wrote:Merry Xmas to all!!!
Joyeux Noël! :D
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb wrote:
Snail wrote:Merry Xmas to all!!!
Joyeux Noël! :D
Ah, Snail has been hiding and drawing. :cool:

Buon Natale!

Saluti
Michael
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Nice. Can't wait to give this one a go.

Frohe Weihnachten....
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Hello again, and Late Happy New Year!

Here am I again to point out a small bug :

Apparently, the Z200 EMU can haul 10 passengers (8 in 1st class), when it shoul be able to haul 40 passengers (30 in 1st class), according to the donotreadme.

This occurs with OTTD 1.3.0 b1.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

arikover wrote:Hello again, and Late Happy New Year!

Here am I again to point out a small bug :

Apparently, the Z200 EMU can haul 10 passengers (8 in 1st class), when it shoul be able to haul 40 passengers (30 in 1st class), according to the donotreadme.

This occurs with OTTD 1.3.0 b1.
Sorry for my late answer :) (you'll soon understand why)

Hmm, I tried the same myself, and this is what I get. If I try to refit a Z200 (powered unit) to passengers, 1st class, I do get 30 passengers:
screen z200 main.png
screen z200 main.png (11.68 KiB) Viewed 5776 times
On the other hand, an unpowered 2-axle coach attached to a Z200 will correctly give me 24 passengers (it was a bit smaller):
screen z200 pax.png
screen z200 pax.png (8.28 KiB) Viewed 5776 times
If that's not the case in the test version, it's possible that this is a bug there, which got fixed in my current development version. Most likely a mismatched reference in the code that got fixed as a side effect of me working on other parts of the set.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

Next, a few railcars from the Blanc-Argent network in central France:
The railcars
The railcars
screen ba 0.png (28.13 KiB) Viewed 5761 times
From left to right:

* The X 210 built in 1950 specifically for this network, to replace steamers. In the set, it will be a high-speed railcar (a whopping... 85 km/h!) that, albeit expensive to buy, will help reduce maintenance cost during its usage. It doesn't have heaps of power or tractive effort, so it should be used on flat lines mostly. It comes in three liveries as time goes by and has its own matching trailers.

* The X 240 of 1984 is its replacement, also built for this network. It sports more modern looks (a nice shoebox on wheels) and a slightly higher comfort. It also comes in three liveries and uses the same trailers as the X210's.

* The X 74500 of 2002, the first really modern narrow-gauge diesel multiple unit built in the country. It's a breakthrough from the previous models, consisting in two asymmetrical units that mimic the standard gauge DMUs in their shape and colors. Comfort and capacity are both a step above the previous railcars. (In the pic, this vehicle was wrongly labeled "X7450", I don't feel like correcting it and re-taking the screenshot :p )

Needless to say, these three vehicles can be coupled together (with the exception of the newest one ad the oldest one, which were never in service simultaneously) and, within OTTD's limitations, can do push-pull:
Push-pull: one direction...
Push-pull: one direction...
screen ba pp2.png (11.87 KiB) Viewed 5761 times
... and the other
... and the other
screen ba pp1.png (9.95 KiB) Viewed 5761 times
Technically, it wasn't so easy to program push-pull for those things. I wish someone added the push-pull feature in OTTD... :twisted:

Right, "just"... 9 vehicles more to go... don't hold your breath (yet)
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Snail wrote:Hmm, I tried the same myself, and this is what I get. If I try to refit a Z200 (powered unit) to passengers, 1st class, I do get 30 passengers...
I just noticed that this problem only seems to happen with FIRS (at least the 0.9.1 version, I don't have other versions right now).

As for the new railcars : wow! Amazing work !
I find the 1991 livery of the X240 a bit darker than the same livery of the X210. Didn't they share the same color? Also, the X210 (1991) is missing a rear light :P

It's really good work !
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

arikover wrote:
Snail wrote:Hmm, I tried the same myself, and this is what I get. If I try to refit a Z200 (powered unit) to passengers, 1st class, I do get 30 passengers...
I just noticed that this problem only seems to happen with FIRS (at least the 0.9.1 version, I don't have other versions right now).
Hmm, the test I made was with FIRS. Perhaps a different version though. I'll try to get the one you mentioned, and test it again.
arikover wrote: As for the new railcars : wow! Amazing work !
I find the 1991 livery of the X240 a bit darker than the same livery of the X210. Didn't they share the same color?
Yes, they did and they do in the set too (they're recolored via code to the same color scheme). Perhaps it's a matter of shading, I might need to revisit that. You're mainly referring to the roof, right?
arikover wrote:Also, the X210 (1991) is missing a rear light :P
Haha! Not really :) The blue X210 has a trailer attached to it (notice the number of rear lights ;) )
arikover wrote:It's really good work !
Thanks for your kind words! Hopefully, now a possible new feature might make push-pull trains easier to code, which would speed up the development phase of the FRSet quite a lot (if implemented correctly :p ) .
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Snail wrote:
arikover wrote: I find the 1991 livery of the X240 a bit darker than the same livery of the X210. Didn't they share the same color?
Yes, they did and they do in the set too (they're recolored via code to the same color scheme). Perhaps it's a matter of shading, I might need to revisit that. You're mainly referring to the roof, right?
Actually, the rear side of the X240 (1991) is a bit darker, but I just noticed this is due to the window of the driving booth's window. So I think you should forget about what I just said. I think the roof is fine, by the way.
Snail wrote:
arikover wrote:Also, the X210 (1991) is missing a rear light :P
Haha! Not really :) The blue X210 has a trailer attached to it (notice the number of rear lights ;) )
:shock: So you really weren't joking about being a compteur de rivets (rivet counter) ? Amazing detail !
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

arikover wrote: So you really weren't joking about being a compteur de rivets (rivet counter) ? Amazing detail !
Since when is Snail joking about counting rivets? :cool:

regards
Michael
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Hello again !

I just found a bug. I'm not sure it has been reported.

This one concerns the 030T. In 1922, the old version of this engine is replaced by a new one, more powerful and quicker. But if the power and max. tractive effort change, the max. speed stays 45 km/h instead of the advertised 50 km/h.
N8king
Engineer
Engineer

Post by N8king »

Hello Snail,

Crashreport.
Attachments
french ng1.png
(278.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
crash.dmp
(6.83 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

N8king wrote:Crashreport.
I'm going to guess that this is probably related more to the patch pack than the newgrf.
Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

N8king wrote:Hello Snail,

Crashreport.
Strange. It has never occurred to me.
What were you doing just before the crash? And what other GRFs have you got installed?

It looks like you've got other NG trains there. Just as a reminder, this set doesn't guarantee compatibility with other sets...
Nyrill
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nyrill »

Where can i download this set?

Return to “Graphics Development”