Supercheese's Eyecandy GRFs

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Pascal Lambert
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Supercheese's Eyecandy GRFs

Post by Pascal Lambert »

romazoon wrote: I have a suggestion for Eyecandy road vehicle, would it be possible to have a parameter for all vehicle from this set to have 0 capacity ?
"capacity" and "running cost" and "build cost" should be parameters for each eyecandy vehicle in GRF (as sound) so such vehicles can adapt to players gameplay side-effect desires.

Pascal
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Seems like a zero-capacity parameter is needed here, I'll work on this shortly.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Version 1.1 is now up on Bananas and here as well, which adds the requested parameter to set all vehicle capacities to zero.
Attachments
Version 1.1.zip
(113.54 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

that is a very good news :)

thank you very much Supercheese
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Version 0.2 of SNO is out on Bananas, with two changes: the addition of a bare water tile that can be useful to "fence in" areas of bare land in the ocean so they don't get flooded, such as for Seaplane Ports. Also, there is a new parameter that controls how many seagulls randomly spawn at mapgen. Set this parameter to 0 to disable the random spawning.

Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Version 0.3 of SNO is now available en Plátanos. This update adds dock objects that match the OGFX+ seaplane airport and improves both the description and the default value of the random seagull spawn parameter.
Attachments
Docks.png
Docks.png (14.05 KiB) Viewed 6474 times

Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Nice! :bow:
But... The tiles seem to not link up perfectly in some places.
DocksQedit.png
DocksQedit.png (79.21 KiB) Viewed 6455 times
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Supercheese wrote:Version 0.3 of SNO is now available en Plátanos. This update adds dock objects that match the OGFX+ seaplane airport and improves both the description and the default value of the random seagull spawn parameter.
I tried to recreate the same seaplane airport layout as above, and I stumble upon a problem: the dock provided in your objects set can only be built on a water tile. That means:
-either I surround the airport with fake water tiles, but am not able to build the docks because they can only be built on genuine water,
-or I let two water tiles to build the two matching docks, but shortly after unpausing the game, the airport gets flooded

I managed a way around by building a canal at the back of the airport (see screenshot below), but that leaves a wall. In any ways, I am not able to recreate the airport you show in your screenshot. What am I missing?
Attachments
Seaplane airport.png
Seaplane airport.png (50.82 KiB) Viewed 6432 times
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

arikover wrote:I tried to recreate the same seaplane airport layout as above, and I stumble upon a problem: the dock provided in your objects set can only be built on a water tile. That means:
-either I surround the airport with fake water tiles, but am not able to build the docks because they can only be built on genuine water,
-or I let two water tiles to build the two matching docks, but shortly after unpausing the game, the airport gets flooded

I managed a way around by building a canal at the back of the airport (see screenshot below), but that leaves a wall. In any ways, I am not able to recreate the airport you show in your screenshot. What am I missing?
Ah, you'd be missing the custom patch I use that prevents objects from flooding tiles. I have a bad habit of consistently forgetting that I use a custom compiled OTTD that is not the same as the OTTD everyone else uses. :oops:

I have made them buildable on bare land in a freshly-updated version; this should work around the issue.

arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Wow thanks! (that was a quick update)

Yes, it works perfectly now!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Some inspired ideas for more eyecandy.

Cattle herding / sheep herding: Move them steers from farm to market with a pair of cowboys! The full "vehicle" looks like a herd of 20-30 livestock, empty it's just the two cowboys riding back. Would look really good on dirt roads or some of the alternate NRT roads!

Parades / Protesters / Marathon runners: What a great way to clog up your streets! Throw parades when everything is great, or set the town alight with pitchforks and torches! Or just absolutely annoy everybody and host a footrace! These could hold 20-30 participants roaming around your streets. Empty vehicles look like a couple of people sweeping up the streets with hand carts.

Zombies, Bicycle commuters, Bike couriers: Individual or in packs, seems like a fun idea for a few scenarios!

Flocks of birds: Before you get into airplanes, you can have eyecandy flocks of birds flying from one place to another. Get a bit more inspired and build aviaries as early airports... maybe even have them transport mail faster than horses can?

Log floats: Move your wood from the forest to the lumber mill by floating them down the river! Let all that timber clog the waterways you're not really using anyhow.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

kamnet wrote:Log floats: Move your wood from the forest to the lumber mill by floating them down the river! Let all that timber clog the waterways you're not really using anyhow.
Log flumes as a not road type. :mrgreen:
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

kamnet wrote:Some inspired ideas for more eyecandy.

Cattle herding / sheep herding: Move them steers from farm to market with a pair of cowboys! The full "vehicle" looks like a herd of 20-30 livestock, empty it's just the two cowboys riding back. Would look really good on dirt roads or some of the alternate NRT roads!

Parades / Protesters / Marathon runners: What a great way to clog up your streets! Throw parades when everything is great, or set the town alight with pitchforks and torches! Or just absolutely annoy everybody and host a footrace! These could hold 20-30 participants roaming around your streets. Empty vehicles look like a couple of people sweeping up the streets with hand carts.

Zombies, Bicycle commuters, Bike couriers: Individual or in packs, seems like a fun idea for a few scenarios!

Flocks of birds: Before you get into airplanes, you can have eyecandy flocks of birds flying from one place to another. Get a bit more inspired and build aviaries as early airports... maybe even have them transport mail faster than horses can?

Log floats: Move your wood from the forest to the lumber mill by floating them down the river! Let all that timber clog the waterways you're not really using anyhow.
These ideas are all crazy yet some how I love them
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Gwyd wrote:

These ideas are all crazy yet some how I love them
Seconded. I hope someone with graphical skill picks up these ideas. We can dream, right?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Pascal Lambert
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pascal Lambert »

Cattle herding / sheep herding: ...
Parades / Protesters / Marathon runners: ...
Excellent ideas for a few new gore style train crossing !
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Pascal Lambert wrote:

Cattle herding / sheep herding: ...
Parades / Protesters / Marathon runners: ...
Excellent ideas for a few new gore style train crossing !
Well, in fact, it's amusing :twisted:
oh, and another french guy like me. Great.
!RËX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by !RËX »

Hi there, Supercheese you did a great job here!
But I can't play with all that sirens on, so, may I ask you, is there a way to disable them completely?
Otherwise I cannot run the vehicles in my games, as the place where I always play the game is suitable for some few noises as the ones in the game, but sirens are far beyond that... If there is a way to completely turn off them, please let me know!
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

!RËX wrote:Hi there, Supercheese you did a great job here!
But I can't play with all that sirens on, so, may I ask you, is there a way to disable them completely?
Otherwise I cannot run the vehicles in my games, as the place where I always play the game is suitable for some few noises as the ones in the game, but sirens are far beyond that... If there is a way to completely turn off them, please let me know!
There should be a "parameters" button you can click in the NewGRF menu. Click it, and then turn the sirens off in the menu.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Gedhead Transport, 01-01-1980.png
(312.56 KiB) Not downloaded yet
In the refit - Passengers - there is an option to have on/off .
!RËX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by !RËX »

piratescooby wrote:Gedhead Transport, 01-01-1980.pngIn the refit - Passengers - there is an option to have on/off .
Thank you guys for your prompt response, that was enough for solving the issue.

Return to “Graphics Development”