DACH Sets - Standard Gauge/Narrow Gauge : Development Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Dwight_K._Schrute
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: DACH Set: "TARS-Trains" v0.2.0

Post by Dwight_K._Schrute »

SwissFan91 wrote:I've given this a proper go, and it is awesome :) Great work. I would be more than happy to contribute to this, possibly only in providing specifications on vehicles I would like to see in this set at present, as I have quite a lot of other drawing commitments at the moment. Would you like me on board? :P
That would be great, as I think it is not so easy to find the specifications for the trains. So if you want to be in charge of the swiss trains... :)

Tracking table is a nice idea. Maybe in the wiki? Or is this the wrong place?
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Top work Yoshi :wink:
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

Can you or someone else make a list of important "standard gauge" vehicles of SBB, BLS and ÖBB, which are not included or drawn yet?
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Yoshi wrote:Can you or someone else make a list of important "standard gauge" vehicles of SBB, BLS and ÖBB, which are not included or drawn yet?
I'll give it a go when I have a free moment. Have you looked at the Swiss set tracking table?
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

yes
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Does anyone have any info on what these will look like perhaps? Something futuristic.

[EDIT] Here's some to consider:

RABDe 12/12
RBDe 560 (Already in the Swiss set and 2CC set, could perhaps use the sprites?)
RBDe 510 (Cannot find a wiki, but already in the Swiss set and 2CC set.)
RBe 4/4
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

You could also look at the CETS tracking table (lines 366-393 and 487-577), with no guarantee that everything in there is "important".
Don't worry about duplicating anything, it'll take forever to finish the German part anyhow.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

Does anyone have any info on what these will look like perhaps? Something futuristic.
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardier ... ss_Express

Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Just a quick question (probably stupid), what does DACH stand for?
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Thanks for that.
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I hope you are remembering to include these? Or have you given them to the Swiss set?
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

To both ;)
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I am in the mood for data collection. What is going to happen about narrow gauge? In many sets, the engines pool would be quite small and the NG vehicles get overlooked, but I think in the DACH area, they're pretty vital! Even if they are coded to run on normal tracks for now, until NuTracks is finalised. I could create a large spreadsheet for NG trains if you would like? In the style of your Datenblatt.xls?
Yoshi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Yoshi »

yes that would be great ;)
can you add one column with a link to a photo?
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

The "Narrow Gauge Track Types" work fine with the "default" NuTracks set, that's partly what I made them (copied code and graphics) for.
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

I don't know the first thing about NuTracks coding wise, as many of you will know. If Yoshi draws and codes some NG trains for say, the Narrow Gauge track types, would it be much work to then let this work with another NuTracks set, say a future one with rack rail?
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

It wouldn't, but that's a very hypothetical question right now.

Snail
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Snail »

SwissFan91 wrote:I don't know the first thing about NuTracks coding wise, as many of you will know. If Yoshi draws and codes some NG trains for say, the Narrow Gauge track types, would it be much work to then let this work with another NuTracks set, say a future one with rack rail?
You can always code your trains so that they're compatible with the narrow gauge tracks I'm creating for the French set (I'll release it very shortly). They include rackrail (both unelectrified and electrified) and the labels will follow the more generic scheme that has been recently discussed in the NuTracks thread.
The French Narrow Gauge Train Set is now released! Get it here

Return to “Graphics Development”