UKRoads /w Signs & UK Total Bridge Renewal Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] UKRoads /w Signs Dev Thread (Current v0.2)

Post by Leanden »

No problem, tbh, i hadn't noticed that, I think its due to my hasty copy and pasting. But i did change the junctions again on the actual GRF.

I'll look into this one.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

romazoon wrote:This Forum is really a hatefull place...
No, it isn't that bad.

It's just that I (and probably Eddi with me) get really annoyed if people add [0] unnecessary white space to an image with no reason whatsoever than just being too lazy to operate the graphics program properly. Actually I think you should apologize to Owen for wasting his bandwidth like this.

And no, nobody forces me to open the image. But from your post there's no way to know that the excess white is there, so I have to open the image to find out.
romazoon wrote:also i just can t believe someone spend some time writing this :
FooBar wrote:
so he spent three clicks to add the white area and make the file ten times bigger
If I actually wanted to add unnecessary white, it would cost me considerably more effort than when not adding it. Hence, I've drawn the conclusion that would apply to you as well.

@Leanden: Apologies for this nonsense in your topic. I proably should have been the more mature one here and just ignore/not reply, but I really couldn't resist. Goes to show how much I get annoyed by people wasting my time by not caring the slightest about what they do. Please accept my apologies and continue you efforts making a great road set even better. Any chance for OpenGFX support?

[0] Yes, add. May it be not on purpose, you did add the white as the original image didn't have it.
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

In slight defence of romazoon, MSPaint, is a terrible program, that clearly automatically makes the canvas the same size as your screen, or at least a lot bigger than it is supposed to be.

on the other hand, it is a simple click and drag to resize the canvas (click bottom right corner), which clearly should have been done.

Foobar: while you may not have known all this, i do not think it was necessary to say what you did, as (IMO) it was out-of-proportion with the 'error' on romazoon's side

but, enough of this nonsense.
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Anyway, i think we are getting a little bit off-topic from the thread which is actually about my GRF.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

*Double post*

I've fixed this without even realising it in the latest GRF, however i think I have inadvertently made it so you can only drive on the left side, but i suppose that could be a feature of UK roads :P
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

Actually I think you should apologize to Owen for wasting his bandwidth like this.
Pathetic comment.

Anyway, I believe these is a bug in the original UK roads whereby when the level crossing lights flash, the stop light shifts to right-hand drive. Is this fixable?
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

It should be fixable just by adjusting the sprites. Can you give more details, like which landscape type?
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

My apologies, I cannot seem to replicate it. I must have dreamt it!
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
jermboy27
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jermboy27 »

Could you create GIVE WAY signs on 4-way Juction, Leanden?
Please?
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Hmm, the priority for 4 way junctions is a bit odd in game, The reason i left it out was in case traffic lights ever became a reality, but i suppose i could slip them in and remove them at a later date if needed.
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

If its possible to code I would really love to see some UK level crossings in this grf....
a bit like the now dead UK gated crossing grf

prehaps full barrier crossings on roads with pavements and AHBs on roads with no pavement.
if its possible to replace the ding ding ding with a proper yodalarm noise too!
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Not to shun work to one side, but the NuTracks set has some good UK looking crossings, this is what i use :)
oberhümer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by oberhümer »

They're actually Swedish...
--- Licenses: GNU LGPL, version 2 or newer, code and graphics. CC-By-SA, graphics, alternatively. If you're using any, I'd like to hear about it --- Call them "track types" ---
--- Mostly inactive developer for: NuTracks - Central European Train Set --- Running/compiling for: Linux (x86) - Android - Windows (32/64 bit) ---

--- Need a file packer? 7-Zip --- BOINC - use your computing power to benefit science --- Block trackers, not ads --- Unix in dispersible pellets, the formula for the future. ---
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

For those who use this set, now available from this post and from bananas online content. TBRS for UK Roadset.

Licence: CC-BY-NC-SA v3.0
Attachments
total_bridges.grf
(497.73 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Leanden wrote:For those who use this set, now available from this post and from bananas online content. TBRS for UK Roadset.

I wish I had of known about this years ago, funny how one can be on the forums for so long while using certain GRF setups and not know about something.

Thanks for this Leaden!
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Leanden wrote:For those who use this set, now available from this post and from bananas online content. TBRS for UK Roadset.

Is this the same set, or a different one, than FLHerne published last year?
viewtopic.php?p=1166271#p1166271
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: UKRoads /w Signs & UK Total Bridge Renewal Set

Post by Leanden »

Different albeit visually itll be incredibly similar. I hadnt realisd someone had actually released a UK version as it wasnt on bananas.

Could have saved myself about 6 hours this morning :(

One of the suspension bridges will be different as Quast never converted the stone suspension bridge to UK roads from v1.2 of tbrs, which i added this morning.

Return to “Graphics Development”