NUTS!!! Let's go NUTS!!!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: NUTS!!! Let's go NUTS!!!

Post by Zuu »

Kogut wrote:WET type vehicles are sometimes failing assertion "AIVehicle.GetVehicleType(engineId) == AIVehicle.VT_RAIL" (I think that from game mechanic side it is still normal train).
According to the AI API docs for AIVehicle.GetVehicleType(), it wants a vehicle ID, not the engine ID. If you have an engine ID, you should use AIEngine.GetVehicleType(engineId) instead.

Does this help, or did you just wrote it wrong in your post?
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

Just curious, is NUTS available for translations? I have access to OpenTTDCoop translator, but doesn't see NUTS in the project list there.
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

Hi, it is not, the strings are made very poorly [are terribly translate-able] as they contain values in them.
Since I change those values very often, it could cause more confusion than good.

And "fixing" the strings is from my point of view not worth doing as there is not really terribly much to translate anyway. Or well, at least people can use it as their opportunity to improve english :P

V
ImageImageImage
siu238X
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by siu238X »

V453000 :) wrote:Hi, it is not, the strings are made very poorly [are terribly translate-able] as they contain values in them.
Since I change those values very often, it could cause more confusion than good.

And "fixing" the strings is from my point of view not worth doing as there is not really terribly much to translate anyway. Or well, at least people can use it as their opportunity to improve english :P

V
Well, don't know whether you are talking about vehicle names -- which I don't feel like changing them. I just really want to bring some consistency for the following screen.
Attachments
OpenTTD_NUTS_translation_wish.png
OpenTTD_NUTS_translation_wish.png (89.19 KiB) Viewed 6237 times
mart3p
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mart3p »

I like NUTS for its great gameplay. :) But for me, an annoying feature is the logic engine. Most AIs don't understand it, so they build the engine but can't attach wagons. This leaves the engine dashing back and forth making a constant loss. :?

It would be nice if logic engines could be disabled. Advanced players who require them, could enable them with a parameter.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

mart3p wrote:I like NUTS for its great gameplay. :) But for me, an annoying feature is the logic engine. Most AIs don't understand it, so they build the engine but can't attach wagons. This leaves the engine dashing back and forth making a constant loss. :?
This should be reported rather on relevant AI threads.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
President
President

NUTS probably has vast majority of the AI flags broken and I cant say I am interested in making it compatible with AIs even one bit, AIs are the most useless thing in the game.
ImageImageImage
President
President

In case anybody was interested in this thread, I can gladly announce that NUTS Unrealistic Train Set has reached a big milestone of getting it's flagship vehicles into 32bpp (not mentioning maglev and chameleon from earlier).

Onwards to more pixels!
Attachments
V453000 Transport, Mar 22nd, 2135.png
(445.63 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
ImageImageImage
President
President

Thanks kamnet, I appreciate the reply (: .

Anyway, I just wrote technical documentation / tutorial for 32bpp part of NUTS, so if anybody wants to create something similar, or just want to see how stuff gets done, it is available

http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/nuts/wiki/tech
ImageImageImage
Plord
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Plord »

Wow! just come here to verify what you told me in the other thread!!! downloading right away!!!

you know, first thing i thought when heard about nuts and wet trains was the last back to future train that the doctor used to visit Martin. Just imagine trains all over the map colliding against airplanes like they were trucks.

Thanks!
picablaat
Engineer
Engineer

Post by picablaat »

Just wanted to say thanks!

I am having a lot of fun using your trains and now with the 32bpp it works nice but also important: it looks nice as well!

Thanks....
Ozgarb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ozgarb »

i change openttd.cfg settings to blitter = "32bpp-optimized" but i dont play 32bpp mod. how to set 32bpp.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Not every models have 32 bit sprites yet. One of the earliest train class available in 32 bit is monorail chameleon. Others include maglev and slugs classes.
Ozgarb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ozgarb »

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

So I try this train set for the first time in a while, and while some changes are nice, I'm not very fond of the way engines are coded now, with a permanently coupled wagon to everything aside from fast and intercity engines.

I'd suggest making a parameter/setting for causal players to disable that added wagon, considering that the way I play I'd rather have multi-headed engines rather then have some bigger more expensive engine to haul more.

A set I use to enjoy playing for its new ideas and unique-ness, I'll be removing NTUS and wont be using NUTS until that permanent wagon is toggle-able (or removed).

Then again I'm just talking to a wall here... :(
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

mart3p wrote:...an annoying feature is the logic engine. Most AIs don't understand it, so they build the engine but can't attach wagons...
trAIns and ChooChoo work well for me with this set :) .
|
V
I looked in the debug menu, and it said it disabled use of the logic train.
Jetrain
YATTC
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

Does anybody know if there's a way to refit the universal wagon to different cargo types without having to attach it to a train and refit the entire train? I feel like I must be missing something as I keep having to buy temporary engines to attach the wagons to so I can refit them then transfer them to their intended engines.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

In the refit window, you can select a single wagon, and then select a refit. There are probably also ways to refit a range of wagons, but I never bothered to find out. It should be on the wiki with the refit description though.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
khamseen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by khamseen »

Alberth wrote:In the refit window, you can select a single wagon, and then select a refit. There are probably also ways to refit a range of wagons, but I never bothered to find out. It should be on the wiki with the refit description though.
Wow, you just rocked my world! I've been playing since the original TTD and in all these years I have never realised you can click on each of the cars individually in the refit window! Mind=Blown.

Return to “Graphics Development”